Merchandise

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
User avatar
rockgeek
Posts: 1000838
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am

Merchandise

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 am

:?:

User avatar
urbansickness
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Merchandise

Postby urbansickness » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am

the official merchandise sellers in the arena were nice and friendly and apologetic when stuff sold out really quick, the mechanidise stand in the campsite were moody, rude and arrogant.

The laminate lanyards with stages and times could have done with a bit more info with stuff that was going on in the monster area, when the bike displays were on ? and what the jackson tent was all about and when the final Riff and Destroy was on?
For all photographers or urban explorers use my FMC code :) 1k964248

Image Image

lollie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby lollie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm

HUUUUUGE lack of sonisphere tshirts

User avatar
Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

The Sonisphere shirts looked pretty naff imo, and there was no real alternative to having the logo on it, bar having a nice metallic hand making devil horns, which looked even more stupid.
Also, only one of the shirts available had the full Knebworth lineup on the back (minus Machine Head) the others had a tiny little section with a 2-month-out-of-date England section featuring Fear Factory, Thin Lizzy and The Sword. Not surprisingly the shirt with the UK lineup was sold out everywhere by Saturday afternoon, and I eventually managed to get one from a merch stall on Sunday afternoon - you must have missed out on a huge amount of cash considering the amount of people who walked away with nothing after being told the only half-decent shirt wasn't on sale.
Image

NINtallica
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Merchandise

Postby NINtallica » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Didnt see many Airbourne shirts for sale for some reason.
Upcoming:
Combichrist (Camden), Avenged Sevenfold (Brixton), Disturbed/Papa Roach/Buckcherry/Halestorm (Wembley)

User avatar
Alura
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm

I could only find one merch stand (the one at the bottom of the hill in the campsite) that sold the grey bullet tee. And they'd sold out on saturday night. =[ Bad times people!

Squeep!
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Squeep! » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Sold out far too quickly and there didn't seem a lot of variation between the saturday and the sunday. The whole display was mainly the headliners and the Sonisphere merch. Also, disappointed that the Sonisphere hoody for £40 had nothing on the back! :( I would have liked to have seen some merch from the smaller band too...
Anyone yet to buy tickets? Please use my FMC code:1k987883 i'll be eternally greatful (think small green alien from Toy Story)

Damian30
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Damian30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Merchandise was poor in my opinion.

According to a merchandise stand staff member they only had 500 Sonisphere UK devil horn t-shirts delivered for a 60,000+ crowd?!?
NIN t-shirts sold out before the festival even opened and the red UK Metallica t-shirt sold out very quickly too.

User avatar
xHarlotx
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Sheppey!

Re: Merchandise

Postby xHarlotx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:32 pm

it was cool that there were loadsa places to buy merch, but it did sell out way too quickly. I saw one avenged shirt but it was something silly like an extra large =/

Other than that it was all goooooooood
Image

fatperson
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby fatperson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Nothing to dio with the official soni and band merch (which I thought was severely lacking) but the market stalls.

Can I ask if a word cannot be used on this forum why is it acceptable for a stand to sell t-shirts with nothing but the word C**t in 6 inch high letters? The stall holders seemed to think they were being clever, I disagree. And I saw the police having words with them too.

Whether it was deliberate or not Sonisphere was a spectacular success as a FAMILY FRIENDLY event, the organisers need to be more aware about what the stall holders will be selling.

User avatar
Davy
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:48 pm
Location: The Shire
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Me: Didn't really like the front of the Sonisphere T-shirts, and the huge posters (which I thought looked awesome) were really outdated and didn't have some of the correct bands/line-ups.

On a good note though, there were a good number of merch stands scattered around, and a lot of the band tee's.

My friend:
I thought the back's of the t-shirts looked a bit messy, and the lineup wasn't exactly the latest. I also didn't like the choice of colours, as there were two choices the second colour (not the black one) could have been a lot nicer. I liked the selection of t shirts though as there were lots of different ones and different styles - like the ones for girls for example :)

User avatar
Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Davy wrote:Me: Didn't really like the front of the Sonisphere T-shirts, and the huge posters (which I thought looked awesome) were really outdated and didn't have some of the correct bands/line-ups.

On a good note though, there were a good number of merch stands scattered around, and a lot of the band tee's.

My friend:
I thought the back's of the t-shirts looked a bit messy, and the lineup wasn't exactly the latest. I also didn't like the choice of colours, as there were two choices the second colour (not the black one) could have been a lot nicer. I liked the selection of t shirts though as there were lots of different ones and different styles - like the ones for girls for example :)

A crap logo or a crap logo with a hand behind it? :lol:
Image

Monopoly
Posts: 3401
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 pm

The Soni hoodies were ridiculous, 40 quid and all they had was the logo on the front. no line-up on the back. :roll:
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

User avatar
fairyfluff76
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby fairyfluff76 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 pm

fatperson wrote:Nothing to dio with the official soni and band merch (which I thought was severely lacking) but the market stalls.

Can I ask if a word cannot be used on this forum why is it acceptable for a stand to sell t-shirts with nothing but the word C**t in 6 inch high letters? The stall holders seemed to think they were being clever, I disagree. And I saw the police having words with them too.

Whether it was deliberate or not Sonisphere was a spectacular success as a FAMILY FRIENDLY event, the organisers need to be more aware about what the stall holders will be selling.



Agree with this.

User avatar
Dex
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 am

Re: Merchandise

Postby Dex » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 pm

lollie wrote:HUUUUUGE lack of sonisphere tshirts

THIS. Why on earth could I not buy one yesterday MORNING?
Image

sozsozsoz
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby sozsozsoz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 pm

I only ever buy the posters at these events, and i'm quite dissapointed with it. It says tickets on sale, has all the contact numbers for tickets, and the line up before Limp Bizkit where added. I'm sure had I of hung around some Metallica shows I could of stolen one at some point.

Still, it's a nice size, little bigger than the Download one, and the DL09 one did cost me a tenner, so at half the price meant I had enough for a couple cans of monster as well!

User avatar
Harby
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Was hoping for some Bohemia t-shirts too tbh. But hey, at least the Grindstore had a decent load of cheap t-shirts!
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

Image

User avatar
metalicbear
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Merchandise

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Sonisphere T-shirts are really cool, better than a cartoon mutt. Think you should work more with space and alien theme, really good designs.

Could do with more items ie. Pens, Pencil Cases, Scarves etc
FMC Code - 1k949287

Gag
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Re: Merchandise

Postby Gag » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:05 pm

We got there at 11:30 on Sunday and went straight to the merch stands. All the Sonisphere Knebworth shirts had virtually sold out.
Also, we had 3 kids with us and there was a very limited supply of shirts in size small.

User avatar
Cerpin Taxt
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Bromley, S.E London
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah I gotta say I wasn't a huge fan of the T shirt that just had foo foo written on it.

The jokes on them though if they try to wear it in public and get the gooseberry kicked out of them.


Otherwise, It was excellent, the UK T shirt did sell out a little fast. I liked the design of the other one but what's the point in buying a T shirt that has loads of bands on it that you didn't actually see?
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

User avatar
Martii
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 am
Location: Taunton, Somerset

Re: Merchandise

Postby Martii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 pm

2 avenged sevenfold tops? both mens? no ladys - discusting... and i heard they all sold out
2 the used tops - both crap
NO taking back sunday merch wtf

allso it should have been evenly distubuted between all the merch stands, as there were different tops on each which was annoying cuz we had to keep walking around to cheack

Monopoly
Posts: 3401
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Martii wrote:2 avenged sevenfold tops? both mens? no ladys - discusting... and i heard they all sold out
2 the used tops - both crap
NO taking back sunday merch wtf

allso it should have been evenly distubuted between all the merch stands, as there were different tops on each which was annoying cuz we had to keep walking around to cheack


Why would they WANT to sell Taking Back Sunday merch? They're absolute shite! It would probably embarrass the guys selling the merch, (and yes, before anyone asks, I've seen them live before)
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

User avatar
AllFallD0wn
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am
Location: Sheffield/Barnsley
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby AllFallD0wn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:38 pm

I know this isn't going to get anywhere, but I felt paying £20 for a t-shirt is way too expensive. Even at a concert, the most I've payed for one is £15.
Because of the price I've decided to take my £20 home and buy 2 t-shirts online for the same price, same bands as I would have got, mind you, I wouldn't have even been able to get an avenged one. Sold out way too early!
Image
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D

User avatar
PaganWolf
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Yeovil

Re: Merchandise

Postby PaganWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

The only thing I would say is that I couldn't find an open merch stall until just before the bands started on Saturday, and I wasn't bright enough to print the list before I left. Would have loved a lanyard earlier so I could plan.
Please use my FMC code. 1k910316
Lucky enough to be 1 of 83. Join us this year!
Image
www.severedfifth.com

User avatar
AllFallD0wn
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am
Location: Sheffield/Barnsley
Contact:

Re: Merchandise

Postby AllFallD0wn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:58 pm

PaganWolf wrote:The only thing I would say is that I couldn't find an open merch stall until just before the bands started on Saturday, and I wasn't bright enough to print the list before I left. Would have loved a lanyard earlier so I could plan.


There were people on every entrance selling laynards, clearly shouting 'programmes, £5!'
Image
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D


Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”