Merchandise

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Merchandise

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 am

:?:

urbansickness

Re: Merchandise

Postby urbansickness » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am

the official merchandise sellers in the arena were nice and friendly and apologetic when stuff sold out really quick, the mechanidise stand in the campsite were moody, rude and arrogant.

The laminate lanyards with stages and times could have done with a bit more info with stuff that was going on in the monster area, when the bike displays were on ? and what the jackson tent was all about and when the final Riff and Destroy was on?
For all photographers or urban explorers use my FMC code :) 1k964248

Image Image

lollie

Postby lollie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm

HUUUUUGE lack of sonisphere tshirts

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 pm

The Sonisphere shirts looked pretty naff imo, and there was no real alternative to having the logo on it, bar having a nice metallic hand making devil horns, which looked even more stupid.
Also, only one of the shirts available had the full Knebworth lineup on the back (minus Machine Head) the others had a tiny little section with a 2-month-out-of-date England section featuring Fear Factory, Thin Lizzy and The Sword. Not surprisingly the shirt with the UK lineup was sold out everywhere by Saturday afternoon, and I eventually managed to get one from a merch stall on Sunday afternoon - you must have missed out on a huge amount of cash considering the amount of people who walked away with nothing after being told the only half-decent shirt wasn't on sale.

NINtallica

Postby NINtallica » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Didnt see many Airbourne shirts for sale for some reason.
Upcoming:
Combichrist (Camden), Avenged Sevenfold (Brixton), Disturbed/Papa Roach/Buckcherry/Halestorm (Wembley)

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm

I could only find one merch stand (the one at the bottom of the hill in the campsite) that sold the grey bullet tee. And they'd sold out on saturday night. =[ Bad times people!

Squeep!

Postby Squeep! » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Sold out far too quickly and there didn't seem a lot of variation between the saturday and the sunday. The whole display was mainly the headliners and the Sonisphere merch. Also, disappointed that the Sonisphere hoody for £40 had nothing on the back! :( I would have liked to have seen some merch from the smaller band too...
Anyone yet to buy tickets? Please use my FMC code:1k987883 i'll be eternally greatful (think small green alien from Toy Story)

Damian30

Postby Damian30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Merchandise was poor in my opinion.

According to a merchandise stand staff member they only had 500 Sonisphere UK devil horn t-shirts delivered for a 60,000+ crowd?!?
NIN t-shirts sold out before the festival even opened and the red UK Metallica t-shirt sold out very quickly too.

xHarlotx

Postby xHarlotx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:32 pm

it was cool that there were loadsa places to buy merch, but it did sell out way too quickly. I saw one avenged shirt but it was something silly like an extra large =/

Other than that it was all goooooooood

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Nothing to dio with the official soni and band merch (which I thought was severely lacking) but the market stalls.

Can I ask if a word cannot be used on this forum why is it acceptable for a stand to sell t-shirts with nothing but the word C**t in 6 inch high letters? The stall holders seemed to think they were being clever, I disagree. And I saw the police having words with them too.

Whether it was deliberate or not Sonisphere was a spectacular success as a FAMILY FRIENDLY event, the organisers need to be more aware about what the stall holders will be selling.

Davy

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Me: Didn't really like the front of the Sonisphere T-shirts, and the huge posters (which I thought looked awesome) were really outdated and didn't have some of the correct bands/line-ups.

On a good note though, there were a good number of merch stands scattered around, and a lot of the band tee's.

My friend:
I thought the back's of the t-shirts looked a bit messy, and the lineup wasn't exactly the latest. I also didn't like the choice of colours, as there were two choices the second colour (not the black one) could have been a lot nicer. I liked the selection of t shirts though as there were lots of different ones and different styles - like the ones for girls for example :)

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Davy wrote:Me: Didn't really like the front of the Sonisphere T-shirts, and the huge posters (which I thought looked awesome) were really outdated and didn't have some of the correct bands/line-ups.

On a good note though, there were a good number of merch stands scattered around, and a lot of the band tee's.

My friend:
I thought the back's of the t-shirts looked a bit messy, and the lineup wasn't exactly the latest. I also didn't like the choice of colours, as there were two choices the second colour (not the black one) could have been a lot nicer. I liked the selection of t shirts though as there were lots of different ones and different styles - like the ones for girls for example :)

A crap logo or a crap logo with a hand behind it? :lol:

Monopoly

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:08 pm

The Soni hoodies were ridiculous, 40 quid and all they had was the logo on the front. no line-up on the back. :roll:
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

fairyfluff76

Postby fairyfluff76 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 pm

fatperson wrote:Nothing to dio with the official soni and band merch (which I thought was severely lacking) but the market stalls.

Can I ask if a word cannot be used on this forum why is it acceptable for a stand to sell t-shirts with nothing but the word C**t in 6 inch high letters? The stall holders seemed to think they were being clever, I disagree. And I saw the police having words with them too.

Whether it was deliberate or not Sonisphere was a spectacular success as a FAMILY FRIENDLY event, the organisers need to be more aware about what the stall holders will be selling.

Agree with this.

Dex

Postby Dex » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 pm

lollie wrote:HUUUUUGE lack of sonisphere tshirts

THIS. Why on earth could I not buy one yesterday MORNING?

sozsozsoz

Postby sozsozsoz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 pm

I only ever buy the posters at these events, and i'm quite dissapointed with it. It says tickets on sale, has all the contact numbers for tickets, and the line up before Limp Bizkit where added. I'm sure had I of hung around some Metallica shows I could of stolen one at some point.

Still, it's a nice size, little bigger than the Download one, and the DL09 one did cost me a tenner, so at half the price meant I had enough for a couple cans of monster as well!

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Was hoping for some Bohemia t-shirts too tbh. But hey, at least the Grindstore had a decent load of cheap t-shirts!
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Sonisphere T-shirts are really cool, better than a cartoon mutt. Think you should work more with space and alien theme, really good designs.

Could do with more items ie. Pens, Pencil Cases, Scarves etc
FMC Code - 1k949287

Gag

Postby Gag » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:05 pm

We got there at 11:30 on Sunday and went straight to the merch stands. All the Sonisphere Knebworth shirts had virtually sold out.
Also, we had 3 kids with us and there was a very limited supply of shirts in size small.

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah I gotta say I wasn't a huge fan of the T shirt that just had foo foo written on it.

The jokes on them though if they try to wear it in public and get the gooseberry kicked out of them.

Otherwise, It was excellent, the UK T shirt did sell out a little fast. I liked the design of the other one but what's the point in buying a T shirt that has loads of bands on it that you didn't actually see?
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

Martii

Postby Martii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 pm

2 avenged sevenfold tops? both mens? no ladys - discusting... and i heard they all sold out
2 the used tops - both crap
NO taking back sunday merch wtf

allso it should have been evenly distubuted between all the merch stands, as there were different tops on each which was annoying cuz we had to keep walking around to cheack

Monopoly

Postby Monopoly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Martii wrote:2 avenged sevenfold tops? both mens? no ladys - discusting... and i heard they all sold out
2 the used tops - both crap
NO taking back sunday merch wtf

allso it should have been evenly distubuted between all the merch stands, as there were different tops on each which was annoying cuz we had to keep walking around to cheack

Why would they WANT to sell Taking Back Sunday merch? They're absolute shite! It would probably embarrass the guys selling the merch, (and yes, before anyone asks, I've seen them live before)
Image Image

Monopoly wrote:CHOCOLATE STARFISH!

kazz wrote:would you like that with hot dog flavoured water?

sorry. couldn't resist...

:lol:

AllFallD0wn

Postby AllFallD0wn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:38 pm

I know this isn't going to get anywhere, but I felt paying £20 for a t-shirt is way too expensive. Even at a concert, the most I've payed for one is £15.
Because of the price I've decided to take my £20 home and buy 2 t-shirts online for the same price, same bands as I would have got, mind you, I wouldn't have even been able to get an avenged one. Sold out way too early!
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D

PaganWolf

Postby PaganWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

The only thing I would say is that I couldn't find an open merch stall until just before the bands started on Saturday, and I wasn't bright enough to print the list before I left. Would have loved a lanyard earlier so I could plan.
Please use my FMC code. 1k910316
Lucky enough to be 1 of 83. Join us this year!
www.severedfifth.com

AllFallD0wn

Postby AllFallD0wn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:58 pm

PaganWolf wrote:The only thing I would say is that I couldn't find an open merch stall until just before the bands started on Saturday, and I wasn't bright enough to print the list before I left. Would have loved a lanyard earlier so I could plan.

There were people on every entrance selling laynards, clearly shouting 'programmes, £5!'
FMC CODE : 1k919055 - BEERS IF YOU USE IT :D

alexcore wrote:LOVE YOU REALLY MY LONG HAIRED MUNCHKIN :D

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”