Parking and Travel

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
metallica_girl

Re: Parking and Travel

Postby metallica_girl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:05 am

Also could've done with better lighting in the car park area. Being on a bike, we were parked right up against the hedge nearest the entry point and it was a pain in the ass at 1AM on a pitch black Monday morning trying to strap the tent and crap on and then get out of the mud and onto the road.
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

Danger Man

Postby Danger Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

I arrived Saturday morning at 9- straight in no problem. I left Monday morning at 7 - straight out no problem.

The only issue with parking was the lack of signage telling me where to go once I had arrived. I just followed other people who looked like they know where they were going.

iamthealienleader

Postby iamthealienleader » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:16 pm

no problems with parking and travel (i live right near the A1 so it was easy :D). parking was fine apart from not having a clue where to go but i wasnt driving so i dont really care lol.

nice not to have to walk far to get from the carpark to the campsite or arena like at download lol
ImageImageImage

martin

Postby martin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Could of been a little better sign posted on the way in (Thursday), but I got straight in at about 1pm on Thursday, no problems at all.
Nice and close to the camping fields which was brilliant.
Left at 8:45am on Monday and there was no problems, really quick to get out.

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm

erm... just a suggestion. but maybe the bus thing could include glasgow next year.

not being fussy or anything but it would be good if us scots could meet up and travel down together...

(i know you can't put a bus from everywhere but a bus fae scotland would be good).

:?
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

mand61123

Postby mand61123 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 am

dookie1 wrote:I got to stevanage about 6.30pm friday,i followed a clear sonisphere/knebworth sign from the outskirts of the town which led me up a narrow road to the site only to be told i had arrived at the vip area. When i asked the stewards how i get to the main car park they looked at me like id landed from mars,one of them was a total dork and neither of them knew where it was. From there it was very poorley signposted, even from knebworth centre,you would not have even known anything was going on. I drove to every end of stevanage untill i eventually found 1main sign to the main site at 8pm! Get more signs to the main car park next year :?

ha ha we must have had the same guy we thought the first guy we encountered was just a bit odd but then the second guy did the same bemused look and sort of mumbled something and waved us off. If you weren't VIPing it was good luck :lol: got there eventually though. I think worst bit of the whole weekend was dragging the stuff to and from the cars, poorly lit, tretcherous, wheelbarrow people finished as we arrived and we couldn't use the road (which killed the point of having something with wheels - i'm not supposed to lift). I was ill for a week after but stupidly and despite all this i'm looking forward to next year already, I'll just be more prepared :D

Bring on the MILKSHAKE!!!

Have you sacrificed a beer yet?
Support a fellow boardie donate @
http://www.justgiving.com/whelanclan/

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”