Family Camping

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
pyrateprincess

Re: Family Camping

Postby pyrateprincess » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Danger Man wrote:

As for showers – hello! you're a at a festival!

yes i understand that, having been to festivals before, i came armed with baby wipes

but there should be an option to have a shower if wanted/needed

fairyfluff76

Postby fairyfluff76 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:23 pm

pyrateprincess wrote:
Danger Man wrote:

yes i understand that, having been to festivals before, i came armed with baby wipes

I agree with this, I took loads of baby wipes too and so didnt bother to use the showers but if I had taken my kids I would of prefered the option of showers.

HearMeNow

Postby HearMeNow » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 pm

metalicbear wrote:You don't go to a festival to have a shower, if you want all these luxuries why not camp in VIP or get a room in a hotel.
The toilets were cleaned enough
There were plenty of water points
The family camping site was perfect where it was, if it's right at the entrance it would suck, it would be a lot further to walk for a start, plus noisy when people arrive.

This

+

The "noise", which came from the "Monster Stage" I believe, wasn't too bad, it's a rock festival ffs, if you want premier inn then go and stay in one.
I would like to think that some of us could be trusted with gas stoves, hexis suck big time, there was ample police and security present in family camping to fvck off any idiots.

Who will till the soil of these barren black remains?

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:40 pm

pyrateprincess wrote:
Danger Man wrote:

There was, it cost 2-50
FMC Code - 1k949287

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

HearMeNow wrote:
metalicbear wrote:You don't go to a festival to have a shower, if you want all these luxuries why not camp in VIP or get a room in a hotel.
The toilets were cleaned enough
There were plenty of water points
The family camping site was perfect where it was, if it's right at the entrance it would suck, it would be a lot further to walk for a start, plus noisy when people arrive.

This

+

The "noise", which came from the "Monster Stage" I believe, wasn't too bad, it's a rock festival ffs, if you want premier inn then go and stay in one.
I would like to think that some of us could be trusted with gas stoves, hexis suck big time, there was ample police and security present in family camping to fvck off any idiots.

It's a feedback thread, people are giving feedback, you don't need to tell them they are wrong because it's their opinion.

And as for "if you want premier inn then go stay in one" that isn't what she is saying at all. The family camping area is supposed to be family friendly, hence why she is suggesting ways to make it more family friendly. As for the noise it was from both the Bohemia Tent and Monster Stage.

And the problem with gas stoves have been shown time and time again at other festivals (such as previous download festivals) where people think it's great to throw the cannisters into fires on the Sunday night/Monday morning. Gas stoves are actually safer to cook with, it's the idiots who set fire to them and pierce them that ruin it for everyone else.
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

Emmjay

Postby Emmjay » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:01 pm

metalicbear wrote:
pyrateprincess wrote:
Danger Man wrote:

There was, it cost 2-50

It was 2-50 and an hour wait.

Nowhere near enough showers for the campsites.
It won't go away til we drink all your beer!

FMC number - 1k918484 (if someone wants to kindly use it I will buy them a pint) :D

Download 04
Download 05
Reading 05
Download 06
Download 07
Reading 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Sonisphere 09

nickijovi

Postby nickijovi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 pm

i have to say i only waited for half an hour for shower i like clean hair.

the monster stage was pain in the arse beein loud even thou it was no where near campin,

will def do family again, hopefully i wont have to move my tent cause sum dick was almost on top of my tent at the time they came there was space.

rant/
please quote fmc 1K931715 http://www.seetickets.com/sonisphere/founders pugwash, gunner 1 of 83
Image lovely

kazz

Postby kazz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:32 am

wasn't in family camping. just having a nosey.

the vips got showers. normal camping had to pay. family camping should have to pay. (i understand the viewpoint about having kids) but perhaps soni just needed more showers full stop. not in any particular place.

i think the idea behind the camp position was because the extra early entry bit was very far away and perhaps soni thought they would give you somewhere in the middle. (not so noisy as the main camp, not so far to walk as extra early entry).

everywhere was in the same boat with regards to tents. soni (in my opinion) hadn't grasped the sheer numbers that would be turning up and the size of tents they would be taking. this is why the extra early camping section was opened. everyone was tight for space.

i agree on the gazeboes. should have been asked to take it down if there was a lack of space.

i apologise if this sounds harsh and you can tell me to get the frakk out of your feedback thread but i just thought you might like the input of someone who wasn't in family camping.

:)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”