Stewards

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Stewards

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 am

:?:

rockgeek

Re: Stewards

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 am

I noticed a lot of stewards using the answer "I don't know, we haven't been told".... walking off and saying "I couldn't be arsed to explain it"

So what I thought at first was stewards not being told anything, it seemed to be the case that they (a minority of them) found it easier blaming Sonisphere than answering the question. I actually helped out a dozen or so people at the weekend by either answering or correcting what they asked the steward.

As I say this was in the minority, most seemed excellent

Alura

Postby Alura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:06 pm

I only spoke to them twice, once was to ask where the cinema was and once when some guy was passed out on the ground after Linkin Park about to get trampled, both times they were helpful. Overall i'd say the festival had a hell of a friendly atmosphere.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:09 pm

I agree the atmosphere was friendly and i found the stewards to be helpful! :D

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 pm

99% were useful and clearly had no problem helping out, but there's always the ones who can't be arsed, and don't like the "dirty moshers". overall I'd say they did an amazing job, the atmosphere all weekend was amazing and despite being camped next to kial (hysteria) the security allowed me to still feel, well, secure :lol:
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

alexmayte1

Postby alexmayte1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:37 pm

on the saturday near some of the toilets there was a guy passed out right near em and ppl were kicking him and stuff to get him up and he wouldnt but yet there were 2 stewards that walked passed and didnt do anything i thought it was abit strange but other than that the rest of the time i saw them they was really helpful

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:56 pm

On the whole the stewards were excellent but there are exceptions. particularly the female bag checker that treated me like a suspect terrorist for carrying two bottles of water in my bag.

Why was it OK to take my water in on Saturday but NOT Sunday? If there are rules to be enforced why aren't they posted in public for us all to see. And if there are rules about what you can and cannot take into the arena why don't the Stewards seems to know what they are?

judging by the thousands of empty cans littering the arena the rules were not enforced very well, so why were my two bottles of water deemed an unacceptable risk?

Davy

Postby Davy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:23 pm

- Sometimes there was no one in the information tents when we wanted to ask them something.
- They didn't really seem to know what was going on with some stuff, like the shuttle bus times, for example.

tay

Postby tay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Went back to my car during Metallica's set, and when I got back to the site main entrance, we were told that we had to walk around in a big circle to get to the entrance that was 5 metres away. When I questioned it, bloke thought I was just being difficult, and then refused to talk to me anymore. I wasn't trying to be funny, just didn't understand why I had to walk around when he was directing other people the same way. Hmph.

Knebworth79

Postby Knebworth79 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Best stewards I've come across. Those in the "barrier gap" at Apollo were very very helpful indeed.

PaganWolf

Postby PaganWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:58 pm

They weren't checking the wristbands to get into VIP camping. I mentioned it to two of the stewards, and one of the golf cart riding liason people. They did start checking a bit more, but it was hit and miss. The guy with number 0900 on his shirt was letting any bloke bigger than him use the disabled toilets if they put up any arguement. Young female steward was wearing leggings and ballet pumps, and there were a LOT that had no SIA cards when I though it was assured all would be SIA.
Please use my FMC code. 1k910316
Lucky enough to be 1 of 83. Join us this year!
www.severedfifth.com

mark2807

Postby mark2807 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:02 pm

PaganWolf wrote:They weren't checking the wristbands to get into VIP camping. I mentioned it to two of the stewards, and one of the golf cart riding liason people. They did start checking a bit more, but it was hit and miss. The guy with number 0900 on his shirt was letting any bloke bigger than him use the disabled toilets if they put up any arguement. Young female steward was wearing leggings and ballet pumps, and there were a LOT that had no SIA cards when I though it was assured all would be SIA.

This, I managed to walk with Kial (hysteria) all the way to my tent in vip when he clearly didn't have a VIP wristband
Please use FMC code: 1K910106 when buying your tickets!
lissa wrote:See I have a mad internet crush on Mark and find it so hard to stop myself sending him messages on an hourly basis.

Hysteria wrote:Mark, I love you.

Vice-President of Camp Fighting Mongoose
1 of 83

~Adma~

Postby ~Adma~ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Last edited by ~Adma~ on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worked On The Information Tents @ Sonisphere

Bring on S10!

~Adma~

Postby ~Adma~ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Davy wrote:- Sometimes there was no one in the information tents when we wanted to ask them something.
- They didn't really seem to know what was going on with some stuff, like the shuttle bus times, for example.

This was a problem! It wasnt just the stewards not in the know.

I was on the information tents and as some of you will know from stopping by to chat with us. We werent informed of much either.

Showers being a big issue and onto those littler things that we should of known about like Cinema start times, arena details etc etc

The things we did know about were mainly to direct people to the main arena and information like buses we worked out from chatting to people who had used the buses already.

Nearly everyone i spoke to when at the Information Tents were having a good time even if we couldnt help them.

Never the less! Just put it down to first year hiccups. :lol:

Bring on S10!

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:54 pm

PRICKS THAT NEW frakk ALL
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

~Adma~

Postby ~Adma~ » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Jasonisback wrote:PRICKS THAT NEW frakk ALL

Thats constructive, nice one.

Bring on S10!

amyfrank

Postby amyfrank » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 pm

Majority didn't have a thorough or enough info on everything as a whole. There was a lot of 'passing the book'. Upon arrival on Friday afternoon I was told by 3 different stewards to go to 3 different places to get my VIP wristbands, in the end just stumbled opon the VIP tent myself. Not impressive, cos I missed Soil cos of that.
[LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND]

MrKiplingsApplePies

Postby MrKiplingsApplePies » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm

:roll:
I stood for SIXTEEN HOURS on friday trying to help people all day.
frakking prick.
Do you like fish sticks?
ImageImage
Machine Head do.
Don't like my post? Shame.

pyrateprincess

Postby pyrateprincess » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 pm

they generally were very helpful and we had the same guy for most of the weekend on our campsite entrance

cuddles1

Postby cuddles1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:27 pm

They didn't seem to have a good enough briefing which meant they knew almost nothing which was a shame because they were pretty good otherwise!

obsolete000

Postby obsolete000 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:06 pm

all staff I encountered where rude, ignorent, arrogant, and just plain clueless

I got no help from any of them at all....

go read my VIP / VIP camping post it will explain all.

metallica_girl

Postby metallica_girl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

I only asked them two things and both guys were helpful and told me what I wanted to know. Can't fault them.

Though the ones on the gate didn't seem to know what to do with motorcycles - they told us to ride up and someone up there will show you where to park - so we rode up - and there was nobody. Figured it out by looking for the other bikes so that wasn't a real problem. Could do with some boards to park on in the bike area next year though - despite using a mudbud (gadget designed to stop your stand sinking in the mud) we still sank in the mud and some of the other bikers had the same problem.
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

MrKiplingsApplePies wrote:

:roll:
I stood for SIXTEEN HOURS on friday trying to help people all day.
frakking prick.

not exactly towards you but the people in the info tent sat there getting pissed and didn't exactly know a lot. the ones down near our camp if you ask them a question and they didn't have a clue. they said the only reason they were there was to get the free entry
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 pm

the stewards in VIP were excellent , very helpful and cheerful , even stopped chatting to one for about 10 mins on one occaision really nice fella :o

however i did have a bad experience sat night after the VIP disco shut at 1 :o
( we were sure it went on til 3 but could remember where and were to drunk to be arsed looking it up)

anyway we ended up walking over to meet people in normal campimg , the problem came at 1/4 past 2 when i tried to walk from early entry to normal camping to go back to bohemia and then to VIP , steward asked me for my wrist band and when i showed it him he said " you shouldn't be coming in here you should be in VIP i cant let you through !" what says i , anyway after about 15 mins ( it was probably longer i don't really know) of me trying to persued him and people saying " let him in mate " he let me through , not a biggie i know , but it was at the time , when i was wet, knackered and drunk and just wanted to sleep !!!

but he was the exception to the rule
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

wikkid_devil

Postby wikkid_devil » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Hmm not exactly effective.

The standard actions I saw from these guys (one of whom looked 14) was to pretend they couldn't see anything untoward happening, or to stand on the barrier scowl and point; then make a rapid exit if anyone paid any attention to their existence. :roll:

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”