Security

Got any feedback for us from our first UK appearance, let us know about it in here
unconditional

Re: Security

Postby unconditional » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

I used to think the police dog cordons (witnessed one at another festival gate a few years back) were all about targets (easy crimes detected/solved ratio) but when you think about it, by "cleansing" the audience they're creating a demand on site.. lets say just 10,000 wanting £50 worth, thats a half million pound market.

Very nice for some. draw your own conclusions...

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:41 pm

So all the dealers on site are actually just police in their time off, dealing to get more money? And 1 in 6 people want £50 worth of drugs?

Learn something new every day...

I guess all the police arresting dealers inside the site are just pretending?
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

unconditional

Postby unconditional » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Learnt nothing from me- you deduced that yourself.

Of course, the theory that the modern police service is geared towards easy target ratios, and they're just not clever or caring enough to consider the implications, is equally valid and believable.

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am

I was being sarcastic.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

unconditional

Postby unconditional » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:03 pm

But of course! Police would never do anything underhand to earn money. Except for selling the personal details of car accident victims to predatory companies who'll harass and pressurise them to make fraudulent compensation claims. Or selling the details of murdered children to scummy journalists so they can invade the personal life of the grieving parents. Thats all fine, but in this instance, purposefully "starving" a market ready for flooding would be an appalling act.

Return to “Sonisphere 2009 Feedback”