Hellfest 2014

defsteve

Hellfest 2014

Postby defsteve » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Leak? http://www.ouest-france.fr/hellfest-201 ... es-1758053

Vendredi 20 juin

Mainstage 1 : Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Queensryche, Therapy!, Satan, Crossfaith, Nightmare Mainstage2 : Slayer, Trivium, Sepultura, Death Angel, MOD, Toxic Holocaust, Fueled by fire, Angelus Apatrid a The Altar : Death, Kataklysm, Pungent Stench, Nocturnus AD, Loudblast, Blockheads The Temple : Watain, Enslaved, Turisas, Impaled Nazarene, Destroyer 66 6 The Valley : Electric Wizard, Godflesh, Kylesa, Kadavar, Royal Thunder, Downfall of Gaiia, Caspian, Conan, Mars Red Sky The Warzone : Walls Of Jericho, Pro Pain, Downset, Slapshot, Defeater, First Blood, Brutality Will Prevail, Stick Your Guns
Samedi 21 juin

Mainstage 1 : Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Status Quo, Skid Row, Buckcherry, Walking Papers, Lez Zeppelin, Killers Mainstage 2 : Avenged Sevenfold, Soulfly, Hatebreed, Dagoba, We Came as Romans, While She Sleeps, Of Mice and Men, Darkness Dynamite The Altar : Carcass, Nile, Gorguts, Hail Of Bullets, Incantation, Supuration, Weekend Nacho's, Benighted The Temple: Gorgoroth, Eluveitie, Tsjuder, Shining, MGLA, Gehenna, Trollfest, Temple of BaalThe Valley : Monster Magnet, Clutch, Acid King, Witch Mountain, Subrosa, Saviours, Herder, Hark The Warzone: Millencollin, 7 seconds, Bl'ast !, Misconduct, Burning heads, Ays
Dimanche 22 juin

Mainstage 1 : Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Alter Bridge, Seether, Crowbar, Lofofora, Blue Pills Mainstage 2 : Emperor, Iced Earth, Behemoth, Annihilator, Angra, Powerwolf, In Solitude, Scorpion Child, Year Of The Goat The Altar : Paradise Lost, Soilwork, The Black Dalhia Murder, Unleashed, Repulsion, Ulcerate, Obliteration The Temple : Vreid Sognametal, 1349, Solstafir, Equilibrium, Urfaust, Dordeduh, The Ruins Of Beverast The Valley: Unida, Spirit Caravan, Dozer, House Of Broken Promises, Lowrider, Zodiac, Satan's Satyrs, Watertank The Warzone :Turbonegro, Floggin Molly, Misfits, Mad Sin, Last Resort, The Bones, Tagada Jones, Crushing Caspars.
††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Store

Incoming: Black Label Society | Death From Above 1979 | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Shawn Smith | Fleetwood Mac | AC/DC

defsteve

Re: Hellfest 2014

Postby defsteve » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Iron Maiden finally play at Hellfest in June. So happy?

Barbaud Ben: Yes, we are obviously very happy to have them. This is a very unifying group in hard rock and metal. It has not been easy to have. We made ​​them an offer very early, even before the 2013 edition. The group heard a lot about the festival and seemed to play. But I confess that you are not necessarily believed in 2014, I would imagine 2015. And finally, it went well pinned. At that point, when I went to see the band and his staff at the festival Rock in Rio, Brazil, they came to us already confirmed.

You also advertise Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple. This is an incredible meeting of legends ...

It is true that the 2014 vintage promises to be exceptional. Such a meeting is unprecedented in France. Aerosmith was coming last year, Black Sabbath, there are two years. For various reasons, it had not been done. This year we got lucky. For the first time in the festival's history, we are able to announce that almost all the shows in December. We want to give a big spotlight now. [Yes. This year there were many artists available. They earn so little with their record sales, they now want to come every summer in Europe. They also know that these are the festivals that pay the most, not the rooms. I take the example of Slayer: this group is available all year. Festivals like mine are solicited from all sides, and suddenly, the managers start working early to put their artists.I think this trend will continue. Therefore, having a poster of Hellfest almost complete in December will probably most outstanding in the years to come. First come, first served. It is we who impose the rhythm.

Budget Hellfest he was revised upwards for the occasion?

It is obviously out on a bigger budget, with the highest artistic envelope of France, about 4.5 million euros (one million more than last year, Ed). This is related to what combination of circumstances, which enabled us to win the big three groups at once. Despite a slight deficit last year's edition, we do not want to play small arms. We thought we would try to offer an edition of a new level in France. [20 €. That means we will be a pass 180 €. Yes, it's expensive, but it is at rates that are practiced right left in Europe. Download festival in England offers a pass whose price flirts with € 200. The most expensive festival is still in France, more than ever, no doubt, but it is also the least well funded. A festival of equivalent size as Rock en Seine key euros in subsidies per year about one million. We are touched € 40,000 per year. It affects the price of the ticket. And it is the only festival to offer 159 groups in three days.

This poster has the potential to allow you to quickly complete with 40,000 festivalgoers per day. Last summer, the Hellfest had known this crowd on Saturday, and some festival felt to walk on ...

The poster is very attractive for the purists as the general public, and I think it will be complete soon enough. Our job will be to prepare for this eventuality and to review the organization of the site. We heard the criticism from those who thought it was very tight and difficult to move, that Saturday. We will try to find ways to make the most comfortable site. Was fully aware that the success of Hellfest is not based on music, but also the atmosphere, the fun feel good. We always listened to the complaints and really wants to improve not to lose it.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/hellfest-201 ... re-1758068

Incoming: Black Label Society | Death From Above 1979 | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Shawn Smith | Fleetwood Mac | AC/DC

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:13 pm

I for one am chuffed that budget Hellfest he was revised upwards for the occasion.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:12 pm

I brought this leak to everyone's attention first and got no credit for it: http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11922&start=150#p661161 :(

It's official now: http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-to-headline-hellfest-france-june-2014.html

Iron Maiden will make their first ever appearance at HellFest in Western France headlining on Friday June 20th the opening night of this 3 day festival.

Aerosmith will headline on Saturday, and Black Sabbath on Sunday.

Tickets go onsale at 9am CET on Wednesday December 4th.

Swans

Postby Swans » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 am

Blimey :shock: I'll give Sonisphere another announcement, maybe 2 depending on how many they announce, but I think it's going to have to be Hellfest this year.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 am

I don't recognise 75% of those bands and I wouldn't go to France to see the others when I could catch most of them in the UK next year. But I'm not the target audience so, shrug.

defsteve

Postby defsteve » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 am

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 am

Seventeen bands on that lineup that I'd go out of my way to see. Also, great job in spelling Flogging Molly wrong.

From that, here's hoping SOnisphere can get Turbonegro, Flogging Molly, Electric Wizard, Clutch, Protest the Hero and not frakking Queensryche.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

PurpleDemon wrote:I don't recognise 75% of those bands

Not a big fan of Metal then? :P

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

I don't really follow death/black/thrash metal at all, so most of the Temple and Altar band names mean nothing to me :lol:

There's the occasional one like Gorgoroth and Nile that I recognise simply from knowing people amongst the general Bloodstock crowd and occasional perusals of Metal Hammer or Terrorizer. Tsjuder, Gorguts, et cetera, however, nope. Not a clue.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 am

I recognize most of the names there, but I also know that a lot of them suck. One major problem I have with that line-up is that morons will suggest that there will be a Sepultura reunion show because Sepultura and Soulfly are on the same bill.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:45 am

Well Beez was talking about Download having a massive reunion this year. Maybe they are planning something :P

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 am

Who/what the hell is Beez?

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 am

Some guy from Scuzz who hosts their "hey we love download festival please pay attention to us" show.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:51 am

Why does he have such a stupid name?

eddie.hitler

Postby eddie.hitler » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 am

Decent line up

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Brilliant line-up might have to get a ticket :D Although 4 festivals within 2 months is gonna be expensive :(
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

EmzoModz

Postby EmzoModz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm very tempted by that line up. Just depends on what Sonisphere pulls out of the bag and money of course.

I have never been to a festival outside of the UK so I'm hoping Soni hurry up before I start spending money I don't have.

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

That is just mental

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm

the_arsonist wrote:That is just mental

Fixed for you. :)

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Haha well there's some punk too down the bottom

Please don't edit this one too

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

harry5573

Postby harry5573 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Cause there are so many stages at Hellfest, are there a ton of clashes or do stages alternate?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 am

From what I remember I think it's like Sonisphere in that the two mainstages alternate.

Great line up, but everyone seems to be praising it and trashing UK line ups, most of these bands will end up at UK festivals anyways, I think it just looks a lot better at this stage because they have the majority out as opposed to 2 bands haha.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:38 am

So many people that are saying "Hellfest kicks the gooseberry out of Download and Sonisphere this year".

I mean, Download I can sort of understand because they're further through that lineup, but it's still too early days to be saying it. But saying it kicks Sonisphere's arse when only two bands have been announced? It's frakking crazy.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:57 am

There's no market in the UK for anything like Hellfest on that scale so it's a ridiculous comparison to make. I'd love it if Sonisphere had that sort of line-up but I know it will never happen.

Return to “Gigs, Festivals and Other Live Stuff”