Sylosis

User avatar
Ackijew
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm
Contact:

sylosis

Postby Ackijew » Fri May 01, 2009 2:12 pm

i saw them at hammerfest and they were amazing, they are quite scene but id love them to get added to the sonisphere line up what sorta chance do people think there is that they could play the 3rd stage because it did say some upcoming bands would be playing (i think my memory is quite bad)
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: sylosis

Postby triaxis » Fri May 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah I'm sure the buzzwords were 'favourite breaking acts' and I'd put Sylosis as among those. You saw 'em as well? They were fairly mighty on that second stage - first time I'd seen them since 2004 and hell they've come a long way since
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Checked em out on spotify....these guys are fackin quality!!!
They could be on mainstages me personally think!
They will be fking huge in the future! :music-headbanger:

What you guys think of em?
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

cuddles1
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: epsom, surrey, uk

Re: Sylosis

Postby cuddles1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:51 pm

only heard 1 song so far but they sound f'ing good best bit of the announcement so far! have not checked the others out yet !
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
skinnyeddy
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby skinnyeddy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Syslosis and Limp Bizkit were definitely the highlights of this announcement.
I'd heard people 'raving' about Sylosis before and i think they're right. frakking awesome band!

subculture hero
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby subculture hero » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Yep, full of win. Teras and Oath of Silence are their best songs I reckon. Caught some of their set at Download, but I was standing pretty far back and only caught the last three songs. What I saw was awesome though, they got a massive pit going (nearly the whole tent) for the fast bit of Teras ('THIS IS RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLL!'), and there was a huge SY-LO-SIS! chant going by the time they went offstage. I reckon they're headed for big things.
Image

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm

skinnyeddy wrote:Syslosis and Limp Bizkit were definitely the highlights of this announcement.
I'd heard people 'raving' about Sylosis before and i think they're right. frakking awesome band!


Completly agree,CANNOT MISS THIS BAND!!!
:!:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

subculture hero wrote:Yep, full of win. Teras and Oath of Silence are their best songs I reckon. Caught some of their set at Download, but I was standing pretty far back and only caught the last three songs. What I saw was awesome though, they got a massive pit going (nearly the whole tent) for the fast bit of Teras ('THIS IS RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLL!'), and there was a huge SY-LO-SIS! chant going by the time they went offstage. I reckon they're headed for big things.


Cool^
Hope they do the same at soni!!! :music-rockon:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby triaxis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Fantastic band - one to watch forsure (if you like heavy frakkin' metal)

;)
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

cuddles1
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: epsom, surrey, uk

Re: Sylosis

Postby cuddles1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:03 pm

skinnyeddy wrote:Syslosis and Limp Bizkit were definitely the highlights of this announcement.
I'd heard people 'raving' about Sylosis before and i think they're right. frakking awesome band!


sylosis =good
limp = bad
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
RaisedToTheGround
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby RaisedToTheGround » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Best part of the announcement for sure!! They better not clash with Lambb of God! Anyone elsee is acceptable :music-rockon:

User avatar
skinnyeddy
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby skinnyeddy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 pm

cuddles1 wrote:
skinnyeddy wrote:Syslosis and Limp Bizkit were definitely the highlights of this announcement.
I'd heard people 'raving' about Sylosis before and i think they're right. frakking awesome band!


sylosis =good
limp = badass


Corrected

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 pm

skinnyeddy wrote:
cuddles1 wrote:
skinnyeddy wrote:Syslosis and Limp Bizkit were definitely the highlights of this announcement.
I'd heard people 'raving' about Sylosis before and i think they're right. frakking awesome band!


sylosis =good
limp = badass


Corrected


I like both bands...actually new to both of thre music.....saw limp on the download site live....they had me....they were class and now im really gettin into Sylosis :music-headbanger:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby triaxis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 pm

RaisedToTheGround wrote:Best part of the announcement for sure!! They better not clash with Lambb of God! Anyone elsee is acceptable :music-rockon:


Sylosis are playing the Saturday therefore they won't clash with LOG
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:13 pm

triaxis wrote:
RaisedToTheGround wrote:Best part of the announcement for sure!! They better not clash with Lambb of God! Anyone elsee is acceptable :music-rockon:


Sylosis are playing the Saturday therefore they won't clash with LOG


I only wanna see linkin park and h+h...few others...anthrax on saturday so....sounds gd 2 m3!!!!! :arrow:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

User avatar
candlewax
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 pm
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire

Re: Sylosis

Postby candlewax » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Well I saw Sylosis and Limp Bizkit at Download. They were both awesome, LB were frakking out of this world awesome.
But this thread is about Sylosis. I'd never heard their music before I saw them at download but they were great. The lead singer just kept on commanding the crowd to circle pit or whatever and we were going mental. Just hope they don't clash with any good mainstage bands

cuddles1
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: epsom, surrey, uk

Re: Sylosis

Postby cuddles1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 pm

triaxis wrote:
RaisedToTheGround wrote:Best part of the announcement for sure!! They better not clash with Lambb of God! Anyone elsee is acceptable :music-rockon:


Sylosis are playing the Saturday therefore they won't clash with LOG


Thats pretty crap them being on bohemia i didn't actually read what soni had to say was just going by the announcement on kerrang! They should have put them on mainstage! So it was defo only limp added to mainstage then so 4 more to go. Sigh of relief anger subsided!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby triaxis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:22 pm

cuddles1 wrote:Thats pretty crap them being on bohemia i didn't actually read what soni had to say was just going by the announcement on kerrang! They should have put them on mainstage! So it was defo only limp added to mainstage then so 4 more to go. Sigh of relief anger subsided!


I would have put them on Bohemia - I don't think they're mainstage material just yet, but they're not far off. Having said that they opened the BukandSkit Festival mainstage back in 2004(?) - great show

And yeah 3 special guests left I reckon with FF's replacement still to come (though I'd rather wait for the new lineup poster to be shown before drawing any conclusions)
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

User avatar
Ackijew
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby Ackijew » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm

i still cant hear 100% in my right ear cuz of sylosis at hammerfest dont stand next to the speakers they were brilliant tho
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight

User avatar
gedmundo
Posts: 1650
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm
Location: Barnsley (Currently escaped to Manchester)
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby gedmundo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Well Sylosis are pretty damn amazing. Doing the whole spotify thing like everyone else and was expecting something over the top screamy but it's broken with some decent vocals. Annoyed I dodged them at Download now.
Image
1k919526. Not that any c*nt reads this

cuddles1
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: epsom, surrey, uk

Re: Sylosis

Postby cuddles1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:40 pm

triaxis wrote:
cuddles1 wrote:Thats pretty crap them being on bohemia i didn't actually read what soni had to say was just going by the announcement on kerrang! They should have put them on mainstage! So it was defo only limp added to mainstage then so 4 more to go. Sigh of relief anger subsided!


I would have put them on Bohemia - I don't think they're mainstage material just yet, but they're not far off. Having said that they opened the BukandSkit Festival mainstage back in 2004(?) - great show

And yeah 3 special guests left I reckon with FF's replacement still to come (though I'd rather wait for the new lineup poster to be shown before drawing any conclusions)


yes those pesky gremlins have really put team sonisphere behind today hoefully it will be up soon if the forums and website dont die again!
Image
Image
Image

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Ackijew wrote:i still cant hear 100% in my right ear cuz of sylosis at hammerfest dont stand next to the speakers they were brilliant tho


Haha class they are loud as fk cant wait to see em live :!:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

User avatar
Ackijew
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby Ackijew » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 pm

killer2098 wrote:
Ackijew wrote:i still cant hear 100% in my right ear cuz of sylosis at hammerfest dont stand next to the speakers they were brilliant tho


Haha class they are loud as fk cant wait to see em live :!:

yer they are i was right next to a massive speaker for their whole set and now my ear feels as tho its got water in it lol
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight

killer2098
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sylosis

Postby killer2098 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Ackijew wrote:
killer2098 wrote:
Ackijew wrote:i still cant hear 100% in my right ear cuz of sylosis at hammerfest dont stand next to the speakers they were brilliant tho


Haha class they are loud as fk cant wait to see em live :!:

yer they are i was right next to a massive speaker for their whole set and now my ear feels as tho its got water in it lol


Well if u hada good view im sure it was worth it! :lol:
Image
Upcoming gigs:
May 11th-Metallica
May 12th-Metallica
!!!Download Festival 2010!!!
June 16th-Green Day
June 19th-Green Day

User avatar
Ackijew
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Sylosis

Postby Ackijew » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

killer2098 wrote:
Ackijew wrote:
killer2098 wrote:i still cant hear 100% in my right ear cuz of sylosis at hammerfest dont stand next to the speakers they were brilliant tho

Haha class they are loud as fk cant wait to see em live :!:

yer they are i was right next to a massive speaker for their whole set and now my ear feels as tho its got water in it lol


Well if u hada good view im sure it was worth it! :lol:

frakk yer it was :D who needs perfect hearing anyway
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight


Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”