Mastodon

cosmicsunn

Re: Mastodon

Postby cosmicsunn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 am

^^ "now where's my beer?" :lol: did bill said that to you? hope they would have their own headline show again next year. i did get to see them back in june and they were awesome :D
i would definetely love to see them play soni next year with a longer set time possibly in a mainstage or headline the second stage. everyone was going crazy when they played and even all the people from backstage where their to see them perform. :D
all hail the mighty mastodon :music-headbanger: :bow-yellow:

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

cosmicsunn wrote:^^ "now where's my beer?" :lol: did bill said that to you? hope they would have their own headline show again next year. i did get to see them back in june and they were awesome :D
i would definetely love to see them play soni next year with a longer set time possibly in a mainstage or headline the second stage. everyone was going crazy when they played and even all the people from backstage where their to see them perform. :D
all hail the mighty mastodon :music-headbanger: :bow-yellow:

Haha nope it's on the news page. First news article and his quote is on there :lol:
Bill was lovely to me. I was a bit worried as he seemed a bit off with the person in front but he spoke to me for a couple of mins about the wormhole effect (I got that part of the album signed) and about Skye...and he has the tigtest hand shake! Really lovely guy...they all were.

Oh yeah...I really enjoyed them. It was my 5th time seeing Metallica so it was nice to be excited for another band too :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Grables

Postby Grables » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 pm

If they really are that friendly, then at their next gig i might try and find and meet them, just to talk about music and gooseberry. that would be awesome.

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 pm

I thought it was pretty sweet of Bill to pose with us, he looked knackered when Zee asked him to. Top guys. Hope I get to see em and meet em again.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 pm

^^ Me too. Bill didn't seem too tired when I met him-very chatty, though he was a little off with the person in front and behind me...guess I got lucky :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm

LauraGrrrl wrote:^^ Me too. Bill didn't seem too tired when I met him-very chatty, though he was a little off with the person in front and behind me...guess I got lucky :lol:

Yeah it was right after he had walked off stage, he looked a bit disorientated lol. But we got a sweet pic with him, great souvenir of a fantastic weekend
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 pm

mrpaul wrote:
LauraGrrrl wrote:^^ Me too. Bill didn't seem too tired when I met him-very chatty, though he was a little off with the person in front and behind me...guess I got lucky :lol:

Yeah it was right after he had walked off stage, he looked a bit disorientated lol. But we got a sweet pic with him, great souvenir of a fantastic weekend

Yep. I know my pics with them and my signed album is the best souvenir I could have ever asked for!
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:36 pm

Prooooooper fuckin gutted I missed their signing. Totally forgot about the signings. Was gonna take my Bullet t-shirt to get signed by them and then try get some gooseberry signed by Mastodon. When were they on? What bands were they during?
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 pm

mrpaul wrote:Prooooooper fuckin gutted I missed their signing. Totally forgot about the signings. Was gonna take my Bullet t-shirt to get signed by them and then try get some gooseberry signed by Mastodon. When were they on? What bands were they during?

Were scheduled for 4; came out at 4.20. Feeder I think were on at the time...
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:43 pm

frakk. I didn't bother with feeder. gutted. I'm an idiot, I didn't check the times or anything. Woulda queued up for hours to get some signings n pics n handshakes n whatnot. I got a quick handshake from Bill after the pic but that was it. And also a sly nod from Brann as I walked past lol. I was being a nervous fan boy :lol: he's too good on the drums for mere peasants like me to talk to him :lol:
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 pm

mrpaul wrote:frakk. I didn't bother with feeder. gutted. I'm an idiot, I didn't check the times or anything. Woulda queued up for hours to get some signings n pics n handshakes n whatnot. I got a quick handshake from Bill after the pic but that was it. And also a sly nod from Brann as I walked past lol. I was being a nervous fan boy :lol: he's too good on the drums for mere peasants like me to talk to him :lol:

Bill has a tight handshake...I was thinking "is this really happening?" And he had the biggest grin on his face which made me feel more at ease. But when I was getting my photo took with him I could feel his plug tunnel ring in my hair and I was hoping it wouldn't get tangled and get caught!
Brann said I was awesome :lol: and spoke to me for a while.
Ahh they were all really kind...can't wait to see them again when they return to the UK.
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:52 pm

LauraGrrrl wrote:Bill has a tight handshake...I was thinking "is this really happening?" And he had the biggest grin on his face which made me feel more at ease. But when I was getting my photo took with him I could feel his plug tunnel ring in my hair and I was hoping it wouldn't get tangled and get caught!
Ahh they were all really kind...can't wait to see them again when they return to the UK.

So jealous. grrrrrrr :lol: I'm snappin up tickets as soon as they are available next time. I wanna see more than 35 frakkin minutes
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 pm

mrpaul wrote:
LauraGrrrl wrote:Bill has a tight handshake...I was thinking "is this really happening?" And he had the biggest grin on his face which made me feel more at ease. But when I was getting my photo took with him I could feel his plug tunnel ring in my hair and I was hoping it wouldn't get tangled and get caught!

So jealous. grrrrrrr :lol: I'm snappin up tickets as soon as they are available next time. I wanna see more than 35 frakkin minutes

Agreed!!! Though that was the best 35 minutes ever! I wish I could re-live it again! Just...amazing. :music-rockon:
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm

I loved it. seeing Brann nailing every song from 10 feet away was an amazing experience. Especially the Iron Tusk drum solo bit. I've been trying to play it for so long lol, but seeing the master at work was immense.
FMC Code - 1K910196

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 pm

mrpaul wrote:I loved it. seeing Brann nailing every song from 10 feet away was an amazing experience. Especially the Iron Tusk drum solo bit. I've been trying to play it for so long lol, but seeing the master at work was immense.

Oh yeah; I love Branns' drumming. I was at the front...I was chuffed to bits!
It was a shame they only got 35 mins...my friends I went with who have never heard of Mastodon before only got into it near the end!
ImageImageImageImage

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:44 am

LauraGrrrl wrote:
cosmicsunn wrote:personally for me, they were the best band for the weekend and i'm quite glad that i got to be right behind the barricades and thanks to them i've lost my voice :lol:

Haha! Me too!! I was at the front and nobody was moving near me so people might have thought I was insane :lol: I had my Mastodon shoes on :lol:

yeh they were amazin! me n my friend saw you with your mastodon shoes i think! where'd you get em from? :shock:

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:13 pm

:lol: Where abouts did you see me? I saw quite a few people with Mastodon shirts on which was cool.
rhino.co.uk...I want the grey bladecatcher slip ons but they quickly ran out of my size.
There is only 150 pairs in the UK!
ImageImageImageImage

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 pm

LauraGrrrl wrote::lol: Where abouts did you see me? I saw quite a few people with Mastodon shirts on which was cool.
rhino.co.uk...I want the grey bladecatcher slip ons but they quickly ran out of my size.

damn i gotta get some! and at the end of the set after my friends were dragging me away cause i refused to leave was just leaving there.

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Gezz wrote:
LauraGrrrl wrote::lol: Where abouts did you see me? I saw quite a few people with Mastodon shirts on which was cool.

damn i gotta get some! and at the end of the set after my friends were dragging me away cause i refused to leave was just leaving there.

Why were your friends dragging you away lol? I was at the front woo! Best band of the day for me :clap:
ImageImageImageImage

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 pm

LauraGrrrl wrote:
Gezz wrote:

Why were your friends dragging you away lol? I was at the front woo! Best band of the day for me :clap:

Best band of the sonisphere definately for me :D and cause they finished but i didn't wanna believe it it really didn't feel like 35mins was so sad

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Best band of the sonisphere definately for me :D and cause they finished but i didn't wanna believe it it really didn't feel like 35mins was so sad[/quote]

I swear they over-ran by 5 mins...either than or my friends watch is fast :lol: Oh yeah; my friends were like "where to now?" and I said "Wait! I can still see Brent!" :lol:
My shoes were getting a few looks in the signing tent queue...I guess I was the only person with them on :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

cosmicsunn

Postby cosmicsunn » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 pm

the best band of the weekend for me :D. they should definetely play next year either as a saturn headliner or on mainstage :D

i tried getting my hands on bladecatcher vans slipon but can't find my size at all, they just got size 4,5 and 6 i think :(

lauragrrl, whenever i see your avatar i get jealous and regret myself for not meeting them :cry:

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 pm

LauraGrrrl wrote:Best band of the sonisphere definately for me :D and cause they finished but i didn't wanna believe it it really didn't feel like 35mins was so sad

I swear they over-ran by 5 mins...either than or my friends watch is fast :lol: Oh yeah; my friends were like "where to now?" and I said "Wait! I can still see Brent!" :lol:
My shoes were getting a few looks in the signing tent queue...I guess I was the only person with them on :lol:[/quote]

was gonna get a tshirt but the ones they had didn't look that good so just gonna stick with getting some of those bladecatchers :D and don't think saw anyone else wit em on :?

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:39 pm

cosmicsunn wrote:the best band of the weekend for me :D. they should definetely play next year either as a saturn headliner or on mainstage :D

i tried getting my hands on bladecatcher vans slipon but can't find my size at all, they just got size 4,5 and 6 i think :(

lauragrrl, whenever i see your avatar i get jealous and regret myself for not meeting them :cry:

go on grindstore.com they have them up to size 11

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:41 pm

cosmicsunn wrote:the best band of the weekend for me :D. they should definetely play next year either as a saturn headliner or on mainstage :D

Yeah Bladecatchers are hard to find! Don't think they have any left above a 5. Still think they may have bladectacher hi-tops but I still want slip ons :lol: I know Brann and Bill have a pair!!!
They'll come back and then maybe you'll meet them!

EDIT: Ooo thanks for the link! They wern't in the grindstore booklet I got sent
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”