Postby mf0u3021 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

MASTODON RULE! YEAH!

Couldn't resist :text-givemebeer:
And yeah I like eating excrement and not getting paid for it

mrpaul

Re: Mastodon

Postby mrpaul » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 pm

My favourite band :D
cannot wait to see them play. been playin crack the skye almost non-stop the last two weeks, it's gonna be epic
:music-headbanger: :music-rockon: :music-deathmetal:
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

D_C

Postby D_C » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Second-most band I'm looking forward to.

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 pm

One of my favourite bands...I think they should be higher on the bill!
ImageImageImageImage

Joeyroo

Postby Joeyroo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am

The band i am looking forward to the most.after losing MH,FF and Thin Lizzy. If these pull out i will be gutted and very pissed off.

Bish

Postby Bish » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Apologies if i've missed something here...but haven't Mastodon been bumped down the bill monumentally...
I would have sworn they WERE on the Main stage but are currently 4th on the Second stage...

Given the apparent difference in running times allocated to each band doesn't this leave us with a set that will comprise about 4 songs???

If so, that's very disappointing...

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I wouldn't worry...I'm hoping they are going to get bumped up the bill. On their official MySpace, next to Knebworth it says 13.45. I'm guessing this is their set time; I expect they will get 45-50 mins.
Still, I wish they would get a longer set time and be on later. Wishful thinking though.
ImageImageImageImage

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 pm

The reasons they were moved was because there was scares that they wouldn't get here from Holland in time
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

Dex

Postby Dex » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm

cosmicsunn

Postby cosmicsunn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

my fav band of all time. they are they reason i'm going to SO.

Long live the mighty MASTODON. :music-headbanger: :D

gedmundo

Postby gedmundo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Bish wrote:Apologies if i've missed something here...but haven't Mastodon been bumped down the bill monumentally...
I would have sworn they WERE on the Main stage but are currently 4th on the Second stage...

I'm going to be honest, I'm sick of explaining the whole situation about 1st and 2nd stage being essentially one stage, but here goes anyways.

The purpose of there being these two stages is to have more bands play whilst avoiding clashes (as parodoxical as that sounds). Whilst a band plays on stage 1, stage 2 is being set up. Therefore this creates one smoothly flowing bill. So when a band (ie Thin Lizzy) pulls out, a band can be moved UP from stage 1 to stage 2. Mastodon from what I can tell have had this happen to them
1k919526. Not that any c*nt reads this

Bish

Postby Bish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:14 am

Thank you Gedmundo.

Whilst I do understand the concept of the 2 stages (apologies for the use of "Main" and "Second" in my earlier post - damn semantics!), i don't agree that they have been bumped UP the bill...

As things currently stand, they're in the "8th slot" overall...
Was just making a point that i felt they should be higher up and given a longer set.

I'm much more likely to subscribe to the theory that promoters are twitchy about them turning up late/at all...

Either way, it will be a pleasure to see them live!

AJWolfTill

Postby AJWolfTill » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Did they play the new album in its entirity in germany?

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 pm

I would like to know that also but I don't think they did.
I'd also like to know how long they played for and if we get the same amount of time seeing them?
ImageImageImageImage

corney91

Postby corney91 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:03 pm

I've only heard their latest album but I love it :D
gedmundo wrote:
Bish wrote:Apologies if i've missed something here...but haven't Mastodon been bumped down the bill monumentally...

I'm going to be honest, I'm sick of explaining the whole situation about 1st and 2nd stage being essentially one stage

Same - it's really getting annoying :?

ktartandude

Postby ktartandude » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm

I only discovered Mastodon after I bought my ticket for Sonisphere when I was checking out bands on the bill that I didn't know. Instantly loved them and instantly bought a ticket for them in Glasgow. It was stupidly loud and seriously brilliant. Best band I've discovered in at least ten years. Crack the Skye is probably the best damn album I've heard in that time too! I echo the others' desire for them to be higher up the bill with a longer slot, but looking forward to seeing them again regardless.

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:01 pm

MASTODON ARE AMAZING ! I don't understand how they're not higher up :S seems to me like they should trade places with Limp Bizkit !!!!!

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Gezz wrote:MASTODON ARE AMAZING ! I don't understand how they're not higher up :S seems to me like they should trade places with Limp Bizkit !!!!!

Agreed!!!!!!! They deserve it more and they are tonnes better!
ImageImageImageImage

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Gezz wrote:MASTODON ARE AMAZING ! I don't understand how they're not higher up :S seems to me like they should trade places with Limp Bizkit !!!!!

Because they are bigger than Limp Bizkit :roll:

Gezz

Postby Gezz » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:04 pm

corney91 wrote:

To me they are ;) plus i think it would be amazing if they played all of their latest album cause i remember reading about them doing that and some of their back catalogue at one of their gigs. And with the latest album being almost surreal at some points if you had a great light show (to go with the out of body thing you got goin on in the latest album :D ) and a long enough set i think Mastodon could play a truely amazing set where limp could just play anywhere to me.

but then again i'm just one guy with an opinion

line-6

Postby line-6 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Did anyone just catch the interview on Total Rock? I'm sure they said they are "doin stuff with Metallica and Maiden" ?
What are they doin with Maiden? Anyone know?

cosmicsunn

Postby cosmicsunn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Gezz wrote:
corney91 wrote:

To me they are ;) plus i think it would be amazing if they played all of their latest album cause i remember reading about them doing that and some of their back catalogue at one of their gigs. And with the latest album being almost surreal at some points if you had a great light show (to go with the out of body thing you got goin on in the latest album :D ) and a long enough set i think Mastodon could play a truely amazing set where limp could just play anywhere to me.

but then again i'm just one guy with an opinion

when i saw them last month they played the whole "crack the skye" album and some from their previous albums, it was pretty awesome :D
as for SO, they'll most probably get 50 - 55mins set, so i'm assuming they'll play few songs from "crack the skye" and some of their back catalogue. but i'll gurantee they'll end their set with "march of the fire ants" :D :music-headbanger:

line-6 wrote:Did anyone just catch the interview on Total Rock? I'm sure they said they are "doin stuff with Metallica and Maiden" ?
What are they doin with Maiden? Anyone know?

well, branns a huge maiden fan so i'm assuming he'll have a part in their upcoming tour/album?? :?

LauraGrrrl

Postby LauraGrrrl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Hell yeah! I love how they end with March of the Fire Ants! I pretty sure they'll start with Oblivion too.
They're bigger to me than Limp Bizkit too...and like Gezz said they do have amazing visuals! It just adds to the whole experience more.
ImageImageImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 pm

well no matter how long their set lasts, they're gonna blow my mind. they could play a 10 minute medley of show tunes and i'd be happy
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”