gedmundo

Re: Airbourne

Postby gedmundo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Well even if nobody else cares. I do.
1k919526. Not that any c*nt reads this

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:25 pm

They sound aright but if there's a band I want to see more on Bohemia or Jager then I'll be giving them a miss
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:41 pm

I quite like them will be watching them.
Buying tickets for Sonisphere? Use my FMC code when buying your ticket for Sonisphere 2010.. there might be a party again ;D but at worst you will be helping me out with no cost to yourself :) thank you 1K925437

A Magician

Postby A Magician » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm looking forward to them. From what I've read about them, they put an awesome live show.

Sailorman

Postby Sailorman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:00 pm

I saw them at the Astoria in November last year.

I have seen AC/DC, Metallica, Nashville Pussy - you name it - but they are the best live band I have ever seen.
Just essential Rock 'n' Roll. Their announcement confirmed my purchase of a Sonisphere ticket.
I'm not sure if they will transition to an open-air stage well, but we will just have to wait and see!
Also, that photo at the top is VERY outdated :D
BJÖRN AGAIN > MACHINE HEAD
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: HALLIDAY WK

Barracuda

Postby Barracuda » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Sailorman wrote:I'm not sure if they will transition to an open-air stage well

They will. Very much so.

Source: Hellfest 2008!

-Barracuda

gedmundo

Postby gedmundo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:04 pm

They are pretty awesome at festivals. No doubt Joel will be climbing up the stage mid set with his Australian flag to hang on the rafters.
1k919526. Not that any c*nt reads this

Sailorman

Postby Sailorman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Sailorman wrote:I'm not sure if they will transition to an open-air stage well

They will. Very much so.

Source: Hellfest 2008!

-Barracuda

Fair play. Nothing will beat their Astoria gig last year though.

Wall of amps = KICK ASS
BJÖRN AGAIN > MACHINE HEAD
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: HALLIDAY WK

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 am

Saw them last year amazing live performance, it's a pitty about the shitty venue known as the barrowlands glasgow

ThunderStorm101

Postby ThunderStorm101 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Airbourne rule :P

I was really supprised by the amount of people who didnt know who these guys were :O

These guys are a must see for me, looking at the lineup poster doesnt look like anything else better will be on at the time

seasonswither

Postby seasonswither » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Looking forward to these guys.

DevilChris wrote:Saw them last year amazing live performance, it's a pitty about the shitty venue known as the barrowlands glasgow

Unfortunatly missed that gig, but would just like to point out that the Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow is the BEST venue in the city. Seem soooooooooooo many bands in there and it kicks the arse outta the SECC (basically a warehouse), the Academy (an old cinema/theatre with no atmosphere) or any of the smaller club venues.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:40 pm

They put on a good show. but thew amount of sound they had was enough to fill the o2 but we was only in a room the size half a football pitch if that
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

[J]ames [S]

Postby [J]ames [S] » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:49 pm

Saw them at Manchester last year
Amazing live band
Was deaf for a couple of days after lol, very loud.

Don't think they should be as high up as they are though tbh...

metal matt

Postby metal matt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

These guys rock and represent everything what metal/rock is all about, unlike so many of the new bands!
they're proper classic metal !
It's like going back 15-20 years when metal was metal, unlike so much of the modern stuff which has indie & rap overtones !

can't wait to see them ! :music-rockon:

corney91

Postby corney91 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Love the stuff I've heard but if FACT or Corey Taylor are on at the same time, I'll miss 'em out :?

ksuchak1990

Postby ksuchak1990 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Sailorman wrote:I saw them at the Astoria in November last year.

I have seen AC/DC, Metallica, Nashville Pussy - you name it - but they are the best live band I have ever seen.
Just essential Rock 'n' Roll. Their announcement confirmed my purchase of a Sonisphere ticket.
I'm not sure if they will transition to an open-air stage well, but we will just have to wait and see!
Also, that photo at the top is VERY outdated :D

that astoria gig was absolutely brilliant
rip astoria

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:45 pm

seasonswither wrote:Looking forward to these guys.

DevilChris wrote:Saw them last year amazing live performance, it's a pitty about the shitty venue known as the barrowlands glasgow

Unfortunatly missed that gig, but would just like to point out that the Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow is the BEST venue in the city. Seem soooooooooooo many bands in there and it kicks the arse outta the SECC (basically a warehouse), the Academy (an old cinema/theatre with no atmosphere) or any of the smaller club venues.

Sorry dude but the Barrowlands is not the best venure in the city, i don't know who told you that and your not the first person i've heard say that. Secc is a far superior venue to the barrowlands, the barrowlands is a run down wee dump with cheeky idiots who work at the door who think there the fuking president of the united states of america. However the barrowlands has hosted some good bands, that's as far as i go saying good things about the barrowlands cause it's gooseberry.

seasonswither

Postby seasonswither » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

DevilChris wrote:
seasonswither wrote:Looking forward to these guys.

Sorry dude but the Barrowlands is not the best venure in the city, i don't know who told you that and your not the first person i've heard say that. Secc is a far superior venue to the barrowlands, the barrowlands is a run down wee dump with cheeky idiots who work at the door who think there the fuking president of the united states of america. However the barrowlands has hosted some good bands, that's as far as i go saying good things about the barrowlands cause it's gooseberry.

Not wanting to get in to a long drawn out arguament, but I'm talking from 1st hand experience. I've been going to gigs in Glasgow for the last 15 years and the Barrowlands is by far top of the list IMO. The SECC is a warehouse with no freaking atmosphere, some of the smaller clubs like Tuts, the Garage or the Cathouse are pretty good but it depends on who is playing. I've never been disappointed after a gig in the Barra's, yes the security are dicks (but aren't they everywhere??) but they are a VERY small part of the gig once your in.

davetkd666

Postby davetkd666 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Although my reponse neednt go any further than SHUT UP! I'm gonna humour this one.
Please explain just why the SECC is a far superior veue?
There are certain constants when it comes to Glasgow. It has one of the best shopping in the country, it has some of the best nightlife. The glasgow crowd are one of the best in the world (also shared by Manchester and Cardiff - no one dares go any further than that) and since the Glasgow Apollo closed it's doors the Barrowlands has held the crown as one of the best venues in the WORLD, not just the uk.
Never have i heard anyone praise the vaccume that is the SECC. On the other hand I've had nothing but praise said about the Barrowland Ballroom.
Bands such as Sliknot, Metallica the Foo Fighters, Machine head and many others love that place, the bigger bands wishing they could play there again.

This excerpt is taken from a more up market newspaper that detailed te 10 best music venus in glasgow... the secc was not one of them

"Although an obvious choice, any musical tour of Glasgow would not be complete without a trip to the incomparable Barras. On any given night, expect 1,900 fans packing the East End stalwart and being entranced by perfect acoustics and the best live music on offer. Homegrown talents like Primal Scream and Teenage Fanclub have all delighted home crowds at the Barras in the past. Bands seem to adore the place and mega-dome performers regularly take a sizable pay-cut for the chance to play here. In a fit of ecstasy after a gig there in 1996, Metallica labelled it the best performance of their career - all thanks to the inimitable atmosphere. Barrowland Ballroom, we salute you!"

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Although my reponse neednt go any further than SHUT UP! I'm gonna humour this one.
Please explain just why the SECC is a far superior veue?
There are certain constants when it comes to Glasgow. It has one of the best shopping in the country, it has some of the best nightlife. The glasgow crowd are one of the best in the world (also shared by Manchester and Cardiff - no one dares go any further than that) and since the Glasgow Apollo closed it's doors the Barrowlands has held the crown as one of the best venues in the WORLD, not just the uk.
Never have i heard anyone praise the vaccume that is the SECC. On the other hand I've had nothing but praise said about the Barrowland Ballroom.
Bands such as Sliknot, Metallica the Foo Fighters, Machine head and many others love that place, the bigger bands wishing they could play there again.

This excerpt is taken from a more up market newspaper that detailed te 10 best music venus in glasgow... the secc was not one of them

"Although an obvious choice, any musical tour of Glasgow would not be complete without a trip to the incomparable Barras. On any given night, expect 1,900 fans packing the East End stalwart and being entranced by perfect acoustics and the best live music on offer. Homegrown talents like Primal Scream and Teenage Fanclub have all delighted home crowds at the Barras in the past. Bands seem to adore the place and mega-dome performers regularly take a sizable pay-cut for the chance to play here. In a fit of ecstasy after a gig there in 1996, Metallica labelled it the best performance of their career - all thanks to the inimitable atmosphere. Barrowland Ballroom, we salute you!"[/quote]

First thing i'm gonna say is shut up! I couldn't care less about the Glasgow barrowlands it's a dumpy wee venue. Where are you getting all this garbage about Glasgow being the best city in Europe, if you believe that your sadly mistaken. Hell Edinbrugh is a better city than Glasgow. But on the side i do like Glasgow a lot and yes it does have good shopping, it does have good nighlife. But Dude i'm not buying into anyone bullcrap about the barrowlands, the bands are just sucking up to the crowds like they always do. seriously what the hell is wrong with the Secc, aka nothing, it's all in your head, your just a parasite.

Where the hell do you get the idea that Glasgow crowds are the best in the world huh? Your kidding right? There's more stabbings in glasgow than anywhere else in Europe. I like Glasgow people there funny, but some of them are total cry babies when it comes to things like football and all there pathetic rangers vs celtic bullshit hahaha and they don't understand there is a whole world outside glasgow

davetkd666

Postby davetkd666 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Again you seem to be confusing you're opinion with long accepted facts.
And there is nothing to back up what you are saying.
There are stabbings everywhere up and down the country, i've been going for nights out there for years and have never seen a bit of trouble

You'll find what i'm saying in pretty much any tourist guide.

DevilChris

Postby DevilChris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:52 pm

davetkd666 wrote:Again you seem to be confusing you're opinion with long accepted facts.
And there is nothing to back up what you are saying.
There are stabbings everywhere up and down the country, i've been going for nights out there for years and have never seen a bit of trouble

You'll find what i'm saying in pretty much any tourist guide.

yep that's true, but i don't need a guide to decide which venue i think is better and i'll say it again glasgow cool place, good nighlife and shopping, nice 10 storie multi cinema, the the people are usually nice and are funny, there more used to variety than the people outside it, but i'll stand by what i say barrowlands is not the best venue; and that comes back to my point it's the world according to glasgow scotland.

seasonswither

Postby seasonswither » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Waits on Rock Geek deleting this thread and starting a new Airbourne one for going off topic

n-lindz

Postby n-lindz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 pm

if u aint heard their album id give it a try a very good album imo

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”