Avenged Sevenfold

skiddyh

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

Postby skiddyh » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey guys,

Wow. This is depressing. As a tumbleweed blows through these forums, a tear rolls down the computer screen as it realises i'm still here. It wants me to go to Sonisphere, but i'm poor therefore only have a day ticket :D Bring on the a7x action. I'm so annoyed that they only get 50 mins... whats with that? I really really really really really hope that James Hetfield slips in the rain ;) and a7x have 2 extra hours woop. But i'm such a fanboy that I automatically think that. I wont be driving down until about 8 am tomorrow morning, but then I can concentrate all my energy on one day...

Can't wait!

Olliexcore's sig is distracting to say the least...

hell-en

Postby hell-en » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:05 am

:music-headbanger: AVENGED were AWESOME best band of the weekend by far!

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:25 pm

they were AMAZING! 'nuff said.

anyone see me stand up during bat country? about 30 seconds in? front centre? was gonna crowd surf but the guys around me were so mahoosive they just lifted me up vertically and held me there for about 5-10 seconds before I surfed out =]
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

xHarlotx

Postby xHarlotx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:11 pm

alexcore wrote:they were AMAZING! 'nuff said.

anyone see me stand up during bat country? about 30 seconds in? front centre? was gonna crowd surf but the guys around me were so mahoosive they just lifted me up vertically and held me there for about 5-10 seconds before I surfed out =]

They were sweet as! Best sonisphere moment for sure!

Think i saw ya, everyone stood around me turned round suddenly and could just see someone standing up above everyone else =D

Grables

Postby Grables » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I don't understand how they were that good at all, it was all so half arsed and gooseberry. I was expecting so much more because i know they are capable of it.

cosmicsunn

Postby cosmicsunn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm

xHarlotx wrote:
alexcore wrote:they were AMAZING! 'nuff said.

They were sweet as! Best sonisphere moment for sure!

Think i saw ya, everyone stood around me turned round suddenly and could just see someone standing up above everyone else =D

i'm not sure but i think i was one of the guy to help you carry.

Paul W

Postby Paul W » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Anyone know what the exact set list was? I can't remember all of it ...

Hannah-Shadows

Postby Hannah-Shadows » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Avenged Sevenfold were just amazing..
My favourite act of the whole weekend by far :D :D
I have Zacky's guitar pick!! :D

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:48 pm

can't remember exact set list.
think I remember:
bat country, beast and harlot, critical acclaim, almost easy, streets and gunslinger.

and cheers if it was you fella! that was EPIC!

Rsx

Postby Rsx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 pm

The crowd was far too intense and the band not intense enough i thought. so many people crowdsurfing and geting lifted out. And crushing everyone against the barrier, pretty hardcore gooseberry. My camera battery ran out just as the set started so i had to use my phone.... Got some awsum pics from the barrier though :)

Anyone else see matt tuck sidestage with his brother?
"What's that coming over the hill? Oh. It's a swarm of rabid supercrickets. Dang."

corney91

Postby corney91 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 am

alexcore wrote:can't remember exact set list.
think I remember:
bat country, beast and harlot, critical acclaim, almost easy, streets and gunslinger.

I don't remember Streets... :cry: I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it... How far into the set was it? =/

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:48 am

They didn't play Streets. Would have loved it if they did.
Can't remember exact order, but:

Critical Acclaim, Eternal Rest into Chapter Four, Beast and the Harlot, Afterlife, Scream, Gunslinger, Unholy Confessions, Bat Country, Almost Easy... I think that's it.

FMC Code: 1k965957

Mooresy

Postby Mooresy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I liked thier set but i wished they played for longer :(
I was right at the front and on the right side! :)
ive got some pics on my facebook lol
Was at the front of Metallica too and i think i got on the big screen ;)

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Leese_6661 wrote:They didn't play Streets. Would have loved it if they did.

Critical Acclaim, Eternal Rest into Chapter Four, Beast and the Harlot, Afterlife, Scream, Gunslinger, Unholy Confessions, Bat Country, Almost Easy... I think that's it.

that set sounds right, guess I just imagined streets :lol:

corney91

Postby corney91 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Sounds about right - fantastic setlist in my opinion, just needed Darkness Surrounding to be perfect :music-headbanger:

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 pm

alexcore wrote:

that set sounds right, guess I just imagined streets :lol:

We did talk about Streets on one of the nights, saying it'd be awesome if they played it.
Maybe you had a dream about it :lol:

Second Heartbeat or Burn It Down would have been nice.

nickijovi

Postby nickijovi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm

hay guys how fxxkin great where avendged i'm in love .

i have to promote my self to be there photographer as the photographer they goto dont do them justices as they as sooooo damm good lookin.

i got zacks pic too. wooop woop only wish it was syn's tho. must see then again soon.

can i get copy of your pic from the barrier mine are bit shaky booo.

i had the bestest time of my life that weekend and that nite

gazbo lol x
please quote fmc 1K931715 http://www.seetickets.com/sonisphere/founders pugwash, gunner 1 of 83
Image lovely

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Rsx

Postby Rsx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 am

Mine are here... http://www.facebook.com/excessnoise?ref=profile#/album.php?aid=270795&id=550565575&ref=mf

i went a bit crazy with the camera at the barrier :P

Also lisa did shadows get the card we signed?
"What's that coming over the hill? Oh. It's a swarm of rabid supercrickets. Dang."

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:22 am

He did indeedy!
It missed the stage, but one of the security guys put it on and then a roadie took it backstage.
Nicholas and Sam met the guys after the set and asked him about it, he said he got it :D

James4

Postby James4 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:36 am

I got so confused with that!!! I was like, wow, they are actually playing eternal rest, this is frakking awesome!!!!! (I actually typed frakk there... What on earth?!) but then a couple minutes after, I was like, this sounds more like chapter four, what the hell?! It was so confusing, I was beginning to doubt myself as a true A7X fan :lol:

By the way, did you make the sign about M Shadows' BDay that he commented on before we all started singing it to him?

After the set, I went to talk to a friend but then realised another mate was still at the barrier, so I asked what he was doing, and he said he was sure Zacky threw a guitar pick that nobody caught, so we waited for a bit, talking to / pestering this steward with these big earmuffs, and sure enough, my mate was right! This steward was in fact cool enough to find 2, and my friend knew how much I love A7X so actually let me have the pick he was given!!! :D I'm insisting it's both of ours, but seriously, this mate of mine was quite the pick spotter - At the end of Bullet, one of Padge's picks hit me on the head then he caught it! :D WOO! 2 of my 3 favourite band's picks! :D Anyway, I'll shut up now... But it was amazing! :D

Rsx

Postby Rsx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 am

i have will adler's pick thanks to mark!!.... but wrong thread i guess haha

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:41 am

James4 wrote:

I got so confused with that!!! I was like, wow, they are actually playing eternal rest, this is frakking awesome!!!!! (I actually typed frakk there... What on earth?!) but then a couple minutes after, I was like, this sounds more like chapter four, what the hell?! It was so confusing, I was beginning to doubt myself as a true A7X fan :lol:

Haha, I was expecting it. I'd mentioned it to a few people during the weekend because I'd seen it on youtube from a gig a few months ago :lol:

James4

Postby James4 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:06 am

Leese_6661 wrote:
James4 wrote:
Leese_6661 wrote:Eternal Rest into Chapter Four

Haha, I was expecting it. I'd mentioned it to a few people during the weekend because I'd seen it on youtube from a gig a few months ago :lol:

That was pretty sly of them though, I for one was totally confused and thought I'd either gone tone-deaf for a moment, or fallen unconscious without realising! And either everybody else expected it, or nobody else is a big fan of theirs (If so, damn them for taking up what was rightfully MY spot in the front row!) since nobody seemed to have any reaction to it!

I actually remember before it started, one guy nearby me mentioned Val, and someone else was like "who's Valerie" then everyone was like "GET TO THE BACK, you're clearly not a deserving enough fan to be here" and stuff like that :lol:

Needless to say, despite my best efforts, the closest I came to Avenged was 2nd row, not quite up at the bar :( Was kinda annoyed actually before it began cos there was this Swedish guy next to me who kept inviting his friends up front, which would be fine if it was just one, but the more he did it, the more he crushed me outta my place and into others around me who, naturally, pushed back at me probably thinking I was being a dick, so eventually I found one of my mates slightly further back in the crowd instead... That swedish guy was obviously annoying others too though, cos this LEGEND behind him pulled out his underwear and poured a bottle of water down his pants :lol:

And another guy nearby relieved himself into a bottle to keep his place, before rolling it under towards him (though that may not have been intentional) :lol: AND another few guys had a word with him about being annoying :lol:

Whoops, I wrote loads AGAIN... Kudos to anyone who actually read it!

EDIT: It was just one Swedish guy who was annoying though, cos another Swede actually helped me through to my mate :D

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:50 pm

lol I was getting pushed and shoved an hour before they even went on.
Most of the crowd around me was alright though. Met a few nice people, one of whom volunteered to throw Shad' birthday card for us :D

And to answer from a few posts ago, nope, wasn't me with the birthday sign. I was over the other side.

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”