Avenged Sevenfold

l.brewin764

Avenged Sevenfold

Postby l.brewin764 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Wikipedia
MySpace
Last.fm
Spotify (coming soon)

As excited that theyre coming to the UK at last, is it just me who hopes they do most of the material in city of evil rather than the light rock shown in self-titled?

truthispoisonx

Re: avenged sevenfold

Postby truthispoisonx » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:01 pm

On their US tours, they played mostly from the self titled and only the singles from Waking The Fallen and City of Evil...hopefully because this is a "special" occasion they'll play a wider range.
you cant do that, its too sensible!

jrich666

Postby jrich666 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:37 am

yeah id love them to play more of waking the fallen. in my opinion its their best album

but i heard he did something to his voice and doesnt like screaming any more?

truthispoisonx

Postby truthispoisonx » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:42 am

For two years he totally stayed off screaming but he's gone back to screaming on the Waking The Fallen songs live as much as he can. IMO, it still tires him out but he has done it in the last 6-7 shows I've seen them play so it's safe to say he'll do it in the UK when he's been rested up.

truthispoisonx

Postby truthispoisonx » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:57 am

I REALLY want them to play B Sides...and maybe a new song if they have one by then???

shrimpy53

Postby shrimpy53 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am

the girlfriend can't wait, and neither can i as it emans she doesn't mind seeing machine head! hope they don't pull out with "vocal strain" again......

FMC Number: 1k985227 . Please use it, you'll get beer if you do! PM me!

Collision

Postby Collision » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Not fan of them, but will do. :dance:
My FMC code is - 1k988993

beaver

Postby beaver » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:00 pm

actually i am not a fan of the early screaming A7X stuff at all i dont think it works that well. I think there self titled was a brilliant album and i am really looking forward to seeing the tracks of that. maybe with an orchestra for added Epicness.

P.S. I like Epicness if we use it enough it might become a proper word
ImageImage Boson Rum Bones
Team Sonisphere wrote
And one more time with feeling...

....SLIPKNOT ARE NOT PLAYING SONISPHERE UK!

martin

Postby martin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Really looking forward to them!

Ackijew

Postby Ackijew » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 pm

not sure who said it but the m. shadows cant scream anymore thing was just a rumour he actually chose not to scream anymore. cant remember which one but it gets sorted out on one of their dvds (i think its all exess) id love them to do a wider range of songs but even if they dont they are awsome live so im gonna be having a great time
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:07 pm

He did have surgery, but apparently it didn't affect his ability to scream. Before they recorded CoE, he said he wanted to gradually move away from it. CoE was a mix of singing and screaming and then the self-titled was all singing.

Over the last year or two he's started doing more screaming on the live WtF songs again (Second Heartbeat, Unholy Confessions...) so I don't see why he won't do it for us.

I'm hoping we get a nice mix from WtF, CoE and self-titled. A few from Sounding the Seventh would be nice, but can't see that happening :lol:

FMC Code: 1k965957

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm hoping for most of the stuff from the self-titled and Waking The Fallen. How much of a chance for Darkness Surrounding...? I'm being hopeful :D

James4

Postby James4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Ive been obsessed with them for the past couple of years, so theyre the main reason Im going to this, with bands like Bullet and Linkin Park being added bonuses :D

Id love it if they played even any one of Eternal Rest, Radiant Eclipse, I wont see you Tonight, Tension, MIA, Strength of the World or Lost (I dont want much :lol: ) because none of them seem very likely... Theres always hope though :D I love all of their songs, but those above are ones I doubt will be played but would be delighted if any of them were!

Ackijew

Postby Ackijew » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:17 pm

finally some real fans of avenged rather than the little screaming girls who are just obsessed with syn cuz hes hot! am i the only one who gets annoyed with people like the girl i overheard in a bus shelter outside a supermarket near my house our convo went a little bit like this
girl: iv descovered a new band from america they are called avenged sevenfold they have just released their first album listen to this song from it (plays a little piece of heaven)
me: ohh cool u listen to avenged have u heard beast and the harlot?
girl: no whos that?
me: its a song by avenged
girl: is it off an ep or something?
me: no its off their 3rd album city of evil
girl: ohh
girls friends: (1 of which actually knew about avenged) LOL
i mean ffs if ur gonna brag about finding a 'new' band at least find out something about them and play one of their better songs
thats racist you jewish foo foo
please use the code 1k997973 when buying your sonisphere ticket
Image Image
ill break your frakking face tonight

James4

Postby James4 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:13 pm

bisturi wrote:
Leese_6661 wrote:He did have surgery, but apparently it didn't affect his ability to scream. Before they recorded CoE, he said he wanted to gradually move away from it. CoE was a mix of singing and screaming and then the self-titled was all singing.

There wasn't much screaming at all in City of Evil.
STST was the screaming album
WTF with more or less equal mixture of both
COE mainly singing (and very nasally too XD)
The self-titled album had entirely different sounds and melodies in it but the M Shadows' vocals were similar to COE.

James4 wrote:Ive been obsessed with them for the past couple of years, so theyre the main reason Im going to this, with bands like Bullet and Linkin Park being added bonuses

Me too :D

Clearly your cool 8-) Yeah, thats my understanding of the whole screaming scenario - I take it you have "All Excess"? :D

And yeah, to the other dude, Im a fan of their music rather than their looks :) All of it is amazing in my opinion, particularly into Waking the Fallen just now :D In fact, speaking of "All Excess", I think I might actually go and watch that right now!

Martii

Postby Martii » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:11 pm

little piece of heaven PLEASE :evil: they didnt do it when I saw them last year. Was gutted.

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Ackijew wrote:finally some real fans of avenged rather than the little screaming girls who are just obsessed with syn cuz hes hot! am i the only one who gets annoyed with people like the girl i overheard in a bus shelter outside a supermarket near my house

It annoys the crap out of me. Being a female A7X fan, I've come across people quick to assume that I'm one of those, not taking into account that, you know, I might actually enjoy their music. I turned my friend into an Avenged fan and it was probably the biggest mistake I ever made. She's forever going on about how cute Zacky is and how she likes Johnny this week...

She's also one of those people who has to be one up on everybody else. For example, she filled out an A7X survey on MySpace, claiming she heard about Avenged in 1999 because she had friends in Cali who frequented the clubs they played. Next question asked what her first thoughts were upon hearing them, she said "I liked Beast and the Harlot". She apparently heard them in 99...work that out.

I got a Deathbat tattoo and her first reaction was "Stop stealing my ideas!"
...because, ya know, getting a Deathbat tattoo is SO original.

Then she asked me what 'Almost Easy' was about and then "So Shads, Syn and Zacky have been in the band from the start, what about Rev?" When I told her Syn hadn't been there from the start, she shut up :)

Ok, so I went SLIGHTLY off topic from the fangirl aspect in a way, but know it alls who try to pretend they've been a fan from the start and are the ABSOLUTELY NUMBER ONE FAN!!!111!!1 piss me off too.

James4

Postby James4 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Leese_6661 wrote:
She's also one of those people who has to be one up on everybody else. For example, she filled out an A7X survey on MySpace, claiming she heard about Avenged in 1999 because she had friends in Cali who frequented the clubs they played. Next question asked what her first thoughts were upon hearing them, she said "I liked Beast and the Harlot". She apparently heard them in 99...work that out.

Wow, your friend can time travel, Ive always wanted to try that :D

Leese_6661

Postby Leese_6661 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:06 pm

She's also somebody who had downloaded every song and not bought a single CD, and keeps trying to find someone to rip the DVDs for her.

She makes me maaaaaaaaaaaad :twisted:
Kicking her in the face is actually an excellent idea...but this is as close as I can get right now... :violence-smack: MSN slap!

Dex

Postby Dex » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Haven't seen them for 3 years or so. I can't wait.

It'd be awesome if they played Warmness on the Soul.

becki

Postby becki » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Leese_6661 wrote:It annoys the crap out of me. Being a female A7X fan, I've come across people quick to assume that I'm one of those, not taking into account that, you know, I might actually enjoy their music. I turned my friend into an Avenged fan and it was probably the biggest mistake I ever made. She's forever going on about how cute Zacky is and how she likes Johnny this week...

My life story.

Anyway, this'll be my third time seeing them and I can't wait.
I didn't think I'd get to see them at all this year, so it's totally made my year.
I probably wouldn't have bought a ticket if they weren't going to be there. I would have considered it, but probably not actually done it. They sealed the deal for me.

Gary7x

Postby Gary7x » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 am

They're my favourite band =D So I honestly don't care what they play, I love all of their music.

Although I will admit I do hope they put some variety in it and not over-do their Self-Titled stuff.

Jesusofchaos

Postby Jesusofchaos » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:45 am

Waking the Falling was by far their best album. After he damaged his voice i was happy for him to rest it (dont want him going the way of the trivium singer). I hope they play Unholy Confessions, Clarivoyence Disease (Curse spelling and also the guitar solo is amazing) and also An epic of time wasted
Sylosis > Linkin Park and thats a fact

Lets have another Machine Head pit

nickijovi

Postby nickijovi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

hay guys i am so lookin forward to seein them i love them but i haven't heard all there stuff just got into them last year when i got sky dont have alot of metal head chums. :music-rockon:
at lest i'm honist but i do love syn shadows is nice too but i love there music thats wot got me into them, i'm not worried wot they play it will be wicked.

i love the story about the girls at bus stop that was so funny, if you dont know alot about a band they should keep quite i'm like that with bon jovi i know almost everything about them but i've loved them since 1992 same as metallica. :music-headbanger: :music-deathmetal:

almost easy was my first tune by them love it x
please quote fmc 1K931715 http://www.seetickets.com/sonisphere/founders pugwash, gunner 1 of 83
Image lovely

metal5115

Postby metal5115 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Personally not excited in the slightest that they are playing.. along with BFMV and LP (kinda) they ruin the lineup for me

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2009”