The VIP Community Thread

owl79

Re: The VIP Community Thread

Postby owl79 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Hemlawk wrote:Shifting with your left hand? Wheird!

Yeah I won't risk drinking in a car. That's all I need is to spend the weekend locked up.

I really don't want to drive but my asshole friends insist on it...

How are you when it comes to roundabouts?? :roll:

SONI 10',
SONI 11',
INCUBUS NOV 11',
DL 12',
FOB 14'
SONI 14'

Hemlawk

Postby Hemlawk » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:35 pm

We have a few circles in NJ and I have an Audi s4, so I dominate those things. Not sure how I'll do in a mini... Lol
Hemlawk aka Eddie.

:flags-usa: :romance-grouphug: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

frakking Steve...

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:49 pm

good luck! Make sure you actually get to us :lol:
Image Image

rolpol

Postby rolpol » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Feel like I'm in limbo; everything bought except the food and drink, everything packed except the cool box and the patio, batteries charged, money counted, ticket licked...

The whole thing is just a little too far out of reach now.

*sigh*

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:26 pm

ok so i have found some aerial photos in the build thread ( second lot from 2010 first 5 photos , to give you newbies some idea of the site

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15017

photo one has a black ring around the disabled camp, and the red tent is the guest area.

photo two is the disabled camp again and the main campsite , the white big top is bohemia, which is somewhat bigger this year you can see the back of the saturn stage as well

photo 3 is the same as 2

photo 4 is the one with the RR campsite you can see the back of apollo and if you look to the right of it there is the production road then a big clump of trees, it is the far side of these trees towards the arena entrance we hope to camp this should give you an idea of how near the arena is to the campsite the barns are hidden by the clump of trees just up from our clump (if that makes sense ( i would post the photo if i wasnt old and knew how to !!!)

photo 5 main campsite again

enjoy !!!
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

inkymoggy

Postby inkymoggy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Is anyone travelling from South Wales? I've had a last minute disaster with the car and need a share for myself and my friend Rhiannon! We'd need a lift from Swansea, can pay the extra petrol to pick us up PLUS our share of petrol up there and will cook you food or whatever/supply some beer/drinks and endless entertainment, also charging as we've been lucky enough to bag a Luxpad.

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Cheers for the pics Billy !!!!! Looks awesome

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:46 pm

inkymoggy wrote:Is anyone travelling from South Wales? I've had a last minute disaster with the car and need a share for myself and my friend Rhiannon! We'd need a lift from Swansea, can pay the extra petrol to pick us up PLUS our share of petrol up there and will cook you food or whatever/supply some beer/drinks and endless entertainment, also charging as we've been lucky enough to bag a Luxpad.

Sorry our car is full hope you get it sorted.

inkymoggy

Postby inkymoggy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Hanmon wrote:
inkymoggy wrote:Is anyone travelling from South Wales? I've had a last minute disaster with the car and need a share for myself and my friend Rhiannon! We'd need a lift from Swansea, can pay the extra petrol to pick us up PLUS our share of petrol up there and will cook you food or whatever/supply some beer/drinks and endless entertainment, also charging as we've been lucky enough to bag a Luxpad.

Thanks for replying anyway! Hope someone else can help :s

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Hanmon wrote:

Sorry dude, ours is full too :(
Image Image

BlackFish

Postby BlackFish » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks for the tour around the aerial photos Billy, it really helps to get my head around the general layout and clears up how RR is set out (i.e., row of tents, road / row of tents / road....)

Feel like i'm a member of the SAS planning a mission now.......

Is it just me or does the main arena kinda small? Looks a lot more snug and cosy than Download (which is not a bad thing)
As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.............

Dolly

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Friend can't get Monday off after all, as it's Tynwald Day (Manx national day and a bank holiday!) as she's filming it for the telly. :cry:

So it's just me, my car and one tent for the list, thanks. Eeep! I'm all shy again now!

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

It's loads smaller than download and so much better for it

Awww don't be shy! We don't bite!
Image Image

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Dolly wrote:Friend can't get Monday off after all, as it's Tynwald Day (Manx national day and a bank holiday!) as she's filming it for the telly. :cry:

So it's just me, my car and one tent for the list, thanks. Eeep! I'm all shy again now!

Don't worry we are all friendly!!! Honest 8-)

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:32 pm

THREE DAYS!!!!!! :D YAAAAAAAAAAY

https://www.facebook.com/JamieStardust <<<<<<<<<< My Facebook so you all know who I am :) :music-headbanger: should be a good weekend/few days
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20
Black Stone Cherry October 31

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:18 pm

I know you already :) I feel special
Image Image

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 pm

no probs peeps

the site is a lot smaller than download it has a maximum capacity of 65,000 with a capacity of 60,000 camping and everything is compact on site .

nearly there !!!
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

inkymoggy

Postby inkymoggy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:18 pm

welshAC_81 wrote:
Hanmon wrote:

Sorry dude, ours is full too :(

Oh bummer! No worries, I'm sure I'll find something!

Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:16 am

I've done both Download and Soni before, just not on my own! With it being smaller, I'm more comfortable with going to Sonisphere on my own, and I'm sure I won't be shy for long! ;)

Sorry if I'm being thick/it's already been answered, but how does the RR/own car camping work; I drive to the postcode in the back of the pass, then follow the signs... What happens then? Is there stewards who will tell me where to go etc? And now do I find you guys?!

Hemlawk

Postby Hemlawk » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:28 am

Holy crap, i just remember there is going to be music at Soni. hahahaha jk But seriously... :lol:
I was messing around on youtube and came across Mastodon live and thought "Oh! Im going to see them in a few days!"

Dolly, I'm lost with you. Find the Welsh flag and the babe with purple hair. But you have purple hair too? 8-)
I'll give my cell number to some folks.
Hemlawk aka Eddie.

:flags-usa: :romance-grouphug: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

frakking Steve...

owl79

Postby owl79 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:42 am

I'm used to doing disabled camping so its my 1st RR, but I imagine it's pretty much similar to that - drive to post code, follow festy signs, when in - follow directions into camp. For disabled we'd tent up first then go and redeem our wristbands..not sure about RR though. I've printed out a camp poster of sorts to stick in the car, from the facebook thread, some nice boardie may be able to stick a link of here or add you to the page.

SONI 10',
SONI 11',
INCUBUS NOV 11',
DL 12',
FOB 14'
SONI 14'

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:54 am

Nice and simple guys :) just drive to the postcode which takes you to the back of the festival site. It's a little quiet B road which will then have a signed turn off down a lane and into a field. At least that's how it's always been before. There will be a steward at the entrance to the fields and then more as you drive in to direct you and then in previous years it's always been park up at the gate, the campsite will be fenced with a box office portacabin at the gate, where you hop out and queue for your wristbands, then back in the car and drive In.
I think Zac has put our flagpole where we normally camped In the site so we will be near the entrance to the barns/arena. It's by a big group of trees at the perimeter fence but just tell one of the stewards you are vipers and hopefully they will know where to direct you :)
As Eddie said guys me and lloyd will also have a welsh flag as well as a pirate flag and a jäger flag and I'm hoping that the viper flag I have had printed will arrive today / tomorrow as I paid for a rush order so that one should be on our metal Soni flagpole :)
If anyone wants my number then PM me on here. I know a few of us have somewhere to be later on in the eve but I'm sure everyone will be fine
Image Image

NinatronPanda

Postby NinatronPanda » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:22 am

Quite glad I'm getting the train..I'd get so lost driving , and I can have a nap on the train Ahaaa

And this is my Facebook so if you see me roaming around looking lost with my other half who will probably look even more lost come say hi..I don't bite, but I do love hugs :romance-grouphug:
https://www.facebook.com/nina.moss

Hanmon

Postby Hanmon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 am

Hi manda - we want to chip in for the flag. Not fair that you pick up the tab / rush job / postage. Sort it when we see you (which will be soon!!)

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:55 am

Hanmon wrote:Hi manda - we want to chip in for the flag. Not fair that you pick up the tab / rush job / postage. Sort it when we see you (which will be soon!!)

What he said :text-givemebeer:

Return to “Camps and Meetups”