Camp Loner 2014

lolatheminxx

Re: Camp Loner 2014

Postby lolatheminxx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Camp Anarchy keep trying to integrate with Camp Loner but I don't think it's happening. Go to the Camp Loner page and comment on the pinned post at the top of the page (where people are registering).

Most of the people who organise things do it through the facebook now as it gets more traffic and it is easier to share phone numbers and tag people for arrangements etc.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

shivcakes

Postby shivcakes » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:01 pm

For the poster above who doesn't use Facebook, PM me on here. I'll try make sure that info is posted here on this thread as well (I'm assuming it will be anyway it's just that we use FB much more frequently).

Welcome everyone!
Our Facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/104346664338/
We had a few problems with it the last few days and it seems some people have gotten accidentally deleted but just join again if that's the case and we will accept you,.

To reiterate, Camp Anarchy are indeed separate. Camp Loner have a designated spot, with a flagpole - a map has been posted on Facebook. We are arranging the fine details still. Usually there will be a list of phone numbers for you to call when you arrive. we will either be in the queue or if it's later, we can send someone to meet you.
There is usually a large group travelling from King's Cross; I'm not one of them but I'm assuming that will be organised fairly soon too. There will obviously be people from all over travelling and if you are getting something like the Green Coach from a major city then you will more than likely find another Loner there too!
As I said, join us on Facebook :) do not be nervous, we are gonna have THE BEST TIME! woop woop! :music-headbanger: :music-headbanger: :music-headbanger:
♫ ♫ ♫ life is ours, we live it our way ♫ ♫ ♫
SONISPHERE 2014!!! CAMP LOOOONNNEERRRRRR ♥♥♥♥♥

jadeylemonadey

Postby jadeylemonadey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:00 pm

I would like to camp near you reprobates please :D will be arriving-ish with Miss Moorebird and Lolatheminx so hopefully be close!

PleasentPheasent

Postby PleasentPheasent » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Greetings people of the internet!!!
Really stoked to come back to soni after the the big four in 2010!!! All of my friends have backed out so its just me and my girlfriend going this year. Would be really nice to have some drinking buddies and stuff so could we tag along with you guys in camp loner???

Here is a small list of facts i wrote to help you all to get to know me better.

-Chuckles like morgan freeman.
-Is honourable and fights crime on weekends.
-Wears only new socks.
-Will put on a russian accent and attempt to sell mundane items to strangers.
-Often Hums the theme tune to jurrasic park/back to the futre at innapropriate times and refuses to stop.
-Known to recite william wallaces freedom speech infront of large crowds.
-Does not understand what "hash tags" are for.
-Will do a sexy dance when pushed. (#sexydancetime?)

Really excited to make some new friends and have some good times!!!
So is there a place where everyone meets before the festival or do i have to sign up somewhere or something.?

Cheers all ~ #Pleasent Pheasent

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't understand what you mean by inappropriate times, pretty sure there's no inappropriate time for the Jurassic Park theme.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 pm

PleasentPheasent wrote:Greetings people of the internet!!!
Really stoked to come back to soni after the the big four in 2010!!! All of my friends have backed out so its just me and my girlfriend going this year. Would be really nice to have some drinking buddies and stuff so could we tag along with you guys in camp loner???

Here is a small list of facts i wrote to help you all to get to know me better.

-Chuckles like morgan freeman.
-Is honourable and fights crime on weekends.
-Wears only new socks.
-Will put on a russian accent and attempt to sell mundane items to strangers.
-Often Hums the theme tune to jurrasic park/back to the futre at innapropriate times and refuses to stop.
-Known to recite william wallaces freedom speech infront of large crowds.
-Does not understand what "hash tags" are for.
-Will do a sexy dance when pushed. (#sexydancetime?)

Really excited to make some new friends and have some good times!!!
So is there a place where everyone meets before the festival or do i have to sign up somewhere or something.?

Cheers all ~ #Pleasent Pheasent

Welcome buddy!

Best thing to do is if you have facebook join the group posted by Shivvy above. All the planning shall be made clear on there over the next day or so 8-)

PleasentPheasent

Postby PleasentPheasent » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Join this facebook group i shall!
Thanks =)

Flexo

Postby Flexo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi all, I might wanna join you guys if I can, I have a friend going down there but they're staying in the quiet camp, and I booked the main one. Planning was never my strong suit! :oops:

I'm coming down from Leeds, late friday / early saturday btw

I'm not on facebook (don't laugh!), so if someone could at least tell me where to start looking when I get there, that'd be nice!

Flexo

Postby Flexo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks for the PM PleasentPheasent, maybe I'm just being dense but I don't seem to be able to reply directly yet! :s

andycody

Driving from Barton on Humber (Lincs / Hull)

Postby andycody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Hey, Ill be driving in my beautiful green Lupo from Barton on Humber (North Lincolnshire) if anyone want's to car share!

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:29 pm

[Copy of what just got posted in the Facebook group for any non FB'ers on here]

Operation Herding Cats (or Loners who are turning up before the gates open)

Note: All times are approximate. Directions are based on the 2011 layout, but from the build photos, it's very similar.

10:00 to 13:00
I'm due to arrive on site around 10am, and I drive a rather distinctive vehicle. Added to this I'll have a couple of flagpoles flying the Lidl flag, you should have a dam good chance of spotting me in the carpark. I'm hoping for the front few rows, but I'll post a photo and directions on here once I'm parked up.

If you've parked up, or you've arrived on foot early, meet up here to get the festival underway.

13:00
We will make our way to the queue. Some of the Overseers will be at the front of the queue to get our camping area staked out, so don't worry about that.

Both Lidl flags will be present in the queue. If you turn up around this time and the van is deserted, try and get to the flags.

15:00 onwards
Once you have your wristband, clear the area behind the gates and look to your left. You should see a Lidl flag. Expect us to be set off to the far left, certainly out of the line of the gates.

Throughout the afternoon / evening, someone will be there with a flag. Every 30 to 40 mins, someone will come down from the campsite and take the present group up to our area.

If you can't find any sign of us, you can either:

1: Make your way to the allocated area in Blue Camp and look for the flagpole. This is a proper scaffolding pole, so it will stand out. If you're familiar with the layout, we should be near the mausoleum / Dead Dudes House.

2: Check in on here. We're going to try and keep a couple of contact numbers on here in rotation throughout the day, but that depends on internet access. [Refers to Facebook, but if we can, we'll update here too]

The van you're looking for | Show

The flags you're looking for | Show

ROUGH map of where we'll be | Show

fleky

Postby fleky » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi just joined original plans fell through and it looks like ill be on my own. Driving from whitehaven area in cumbria (230miles away). Could do with some pointers
Thinking of going tonight and stopping somewhere. Then make my way to Knebworth on thurs for the opening. Anyone else travelling by car

Flexo

Postby Flexo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:40 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:[Copy of what just got posted in the Facebook group for any non FB'ers on here]

Much appreciated! I just hope there's space left by the time I arrive!

1_Pablo_Angel

Postby 1_Pablo_Angel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:I don't understand what you mean by inappropriate times, pretty sure there's no inappropriate time for the Jurassic Park theme.

I hope someone brings a melodica...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk&noredirect=1

Alexs512

Postby Alexs512 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Guys, i decided to join you last minute. Could not find lidl flag anywhere in blue camp. Can you text me on 07709539246 where you are? alex

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Did you find us? I doubt many people could have got onto the forum once on site, the signal was very dodgy.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Return to “Camps and Meetups”