FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

lukesims2106
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby lukesims2106 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:31 am

Ok the Band of the Shrimp guys are still waiting on my to confirm if we have a pole there is 10 of us and 1 big blue shrimp flag

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby billytheweed » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:54 pm

lukesims2106 wrote:Ok the Band of the Shrimp guys are still waiting on my to confirm if we have a pole there is 10 of us and 1 big blue shrimp flag


Zac's already said thate re will only be two poles , one for camp loner and one for camp Viper in Rock Royalty , if you had upwards of 20 people you may have got one , think loner has about 250+ in it so the camps have to be pretty large to get a pole

Zac wrote:OK, it looks like we are just going to have the one for Camp Loner in the main campsite. It will be up by Dead Dude's house as usual so tell everyone to head that way.

One in the RR for Camp Viper.

Sorry everyone who had 10 people or so, we can't do them for camps that size or we'd have poles everywhere. You are more than welcome to bring your own though to put up at your tents.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

LaurelWoodward
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:24 am

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby LaurelWoodward » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 pm

We are Camp Leviosarrr and there are abour 15 of us! :D

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby billytheweed » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:39 pm

LaurelWoodward wrote:We are Camp Leviosarrr and there are abour 15 of us! :D



you will need to bring your own flag pole , as per the above post Zac (the festival manager) has said there will only be two official poles this year sorry

unless of course she changes her mind
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:24 pm

The poles have to be ordered and installed, I bet actually that's quite an expense.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

Sharpie999
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm
Location: Kent

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby Sharpie999 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 am

Up to 163 tents now :o

Sharpie999
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm
Location: Kent

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby Sharpie999 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Up 216 people in 191 tents now....it's going crazy. Any chance of letting us in an hour before everyone else...

Sharpie999
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm
Location: Kent

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby Sharpie999 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Dunno if Zac or anyone will read this now. Wanted to say it was pretty disappointing to find we hadn't been given a flag pole and/or area as told. Several people were unable to find us for some time and of course by then the area we had was nowhere near big enough and many people who arrived after the initial couple of hours were left to go and camp alone.

Took the shine off for me too as I had taken the responsibility of getting there early doors (I was second to get in!) and organising things which turned into a nightmare.

Hope we get remembered next time!

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah Camp Loner went from being a logistical nightmare to being a logistical fu­cking hell hole :P


We managed it in the end though.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
welshAC_81
Posts: 9410
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: Bridgend
Contact:

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

VIPer was awesome! Only fault was that a few fell through the net and were told they couldn't camp with us but the rest was awesome. thanks Zac
Image Image

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby Zac » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Sharpie999 wrote:Dunno if Zac or anyone will read this now. Wanted to say it was pretty disappointing to find we hadn't been given a flag pole and/or area as told. Several people were unable to find us for some time and of course by then the area we had was nowhere near big enough and many people who arrived after the initial couple of hours were left to go and camp alone.

Took the shine off for me too as I had taken the responsibility of getting there early doors (I was second to get in!) and organising things which turned into a nightmare.

Hope we get remembered next time!



I am so sorry about this. The campsite team were tasked with putting it up and I told them where and how many people to leave space for. Unfortunately I was too busy to check that it had happened. I'm really disappointed that we let you down. If something like this happens again please get a message to me via a security supervisor because we can fix things if we know about them at the time.

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby King_Walnut » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:21 pm

To be honest it wasn't that much of a problem really. Once it became apparent that it wasn't there then "Camp as close as you can to the mausoleum but not too close to the trees" was just as good.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
kipper64
Posts: 18552
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby kipper64 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Aye to be fair we pre-picked the spot prior to the festival as we knew it'd be there, and most made it to that point bar a few so it wasn't a complete disaster, and those who didnt make it found someone and had a great time regardless so no harm done :)
Image

User avatar
AbsintheChris
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Zac wrote:I am so sorry about this. The campsite team were tasked with putting it up and I told them where and how many people to leave space for. Unfortunately I was too busy to check that it had happened. I'm really disappointed that we let you down. If something like this happens again please get a message to me via a security supervisor because we can fix things if we know about them at the time.


Don't apologise, you have enough things to worry about. Yes, it's nice to have a high pole to put the flag on, but it wasn't the end of the world.

We must have had well over half of Camp Loner there, which given the size of the group was a miracle. I did notice most of the people who had problems finding us were the ones who weren't paying attention to the instructions.

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:21 pm

kipper64 wrote:Aye to be fair we pre-picked the spot prior to the festival as we knew it'd be there, and most made it to that point bar a few so it wasn't a complete disaster, and those who didnt make it found someone and had a great time regardless so no harm done :)

As far as we know :shock:

In all seriousness, there was an awful lot of us who found our way, so I think a huge number found us, and the rest camped with a completely different group of strangers to the group of strangers they were planning to camp with, which probably isn't the end of the world.
Image
:animals-cow:

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

There wasn't one single complaint on the page afterwards, so I guess we can call it a resounding success?


Though there's still 2-3 people per day asking to join the page...
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
HBW
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:27 am

Re: FLAGPOLE TIME!!!

Postby HBW » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Nice setup you had there!


Return to “Camps and Meetups”