Disabled visitors

Sonisphere Festival arena sub forum
Autumn

Disabled visitors

Postby Autumn » Sat May 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi!! This is our first trip to Sonisphere and wondered if there is seating on the disabled platforms. (walking wounded plus carer).

Also How far is the disabled camping area from the main event areas?

Any advice would be much appreciated along with any other tips for a disabled rocker please!!!

billytheweed

Re: Disabled visitors

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Autumn wrote:Hi!! This is our first trip to Sonisphere and wondered if there is seating on the disabled platforms. (walking wounded plus carer).

Also How far is the disabled camping area from the main event areas?

Any advice would be much appreciated along with any other tips for a disabled rocker please!!!

going off the previous years probably a five minute walk along the service road through the production area, from the campsite so not far , there arent or werent any fixed seats so take a camping chair to sit on , once there you simply turn around 180 degrees to see the other stage , and toilets are next to the platform just for the platform users , thats of course if they havent changed the line up .

also keep an eye out for the build thread in general sonisphere discussion. Zac ( the festival manager ) normally posts photos of the site as its being built, if you asks for photos of things she normally obliges , in fact i think she took photos from one of the platforms of the stages one year , :D
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Autumn

Postby Autumn » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks billy, much appreciated ! Will be buying suitable seating at the weekend!!

Will also look out for building photos!

Autumn

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm

here's the build thread from 2011

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10476&start=350

page 15 shows one of the platforms as does page 18 , page 8 has a photo looking towards the disabled camp , as i said zac starts the thread when they arrive on site , normally about 2 weeks before the festival - enjoy
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

Zac

Postby Zac » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:03 pm

billytheweed wrote:here's the build thread from 2011

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10476&start=350

page 15 shows one of the platforms as does page 18 , page 8 has a photo looking towards the disabled camp , as i said zac starts the thread when they arrive on site , normally about 2 weeks before the festival - enjoy

I'm moving in on the 24th so I'll probably start pictures either that day or the next.

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:08 pm

I know people want to arrive early to make sure they get a good camping spot, but I really think moving in on the 24th is a bit keen.

Autumn

Postby Autumn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks guys, will keep a lookout!

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 pm

CherryInHove wrote:I know people want to arrive early to make sure they get a good camping spot, but I really think moving in on the 24th is a bit keen.

:lol:
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

Robp

Postby Robp » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 pm

I am looking for a bit of help, I have been given two tickets as a present for this years festival, so the person who got me them didn't buy them through the disabled access form . What I am looking for is how do I now get disabled access and maybe a contact number

Return to “Arena”