Do any stalls cater for coeliacs/ wheat intolerances

Sonisphere Festival drink and food sub forum
gothiccomper

Do any stalls cater for coeliacs/ wheat intolerances

Postby gothiccomper » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi There

I have a question, that I don't believe has been asked before... either that or I can't find it!

Is there any food stalls which cater for coeliacs/ wheat intolerances? I have rock royalty tix so have access to that section as well. Technically I could have 'proper' falafels but I have found to my shock that most supermarkets and packet mixes contain wheat flour so am obviously just a bit stuck not knowing what ingredients caterers use! I'm doubtful that the queue will be very friendly if I have to have the ingredients read out to me! Due to no gas being allowed I am also limited to the stuff I can attempt to cook :(

Any help would be great or am I doomed to bagged peanuts?

Thanks very muchly!!

boom

Re: Do any stalls cater for coeliacs/ wheat intolerances

Postby boom » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, on the subject of ingredients i'm not sure, most of the things sold at the festival are likely to contain gluten even if they at first glance would appear not too.

On the subject of queues being annoyed because the vendors have to read the ingredients to you, let them get annoyed, its kind of important that you know whats in the food, and once you have found some things you can eat, you want have to ask the next time :)

kazz

Postby kazz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 am

personally, and without sounding cheeky.

i would much rather be behind you in the food queue waiting for you to eat "safe" food... than behind you in the toilet queue after you hadn't.

so take your time and make sure you get the right foods for you, so you don't get sick.

:D
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

Delikate

Postby Delikate » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 pm

We're hoping to be able to attend- we do Gluten Free panini, sandwiches and hot food cooked fresh in the evening. Should be able to confirm soon.
Kate

Cazzy

Postby Cazzy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey :) I have a wheat allergy also. There is a supermarket not far from Soni where they most likely will sell free-from food. I'd advise stocking up on the energy bars or ready-made food they offer just in case :)
Please use FMC Code 1k934556 when purchasing your ticket - It's appreciated!

Necrodemis

Postby Necrodemis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey, I too suffer from a wheat intolerance, if there's any more word on this it would be great to hear, as I'm pretty worried about what I'm going to do for food.

Necrodemis

Postby Necrodemis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I also suffer from a gluten intolerance, any further info on this would be great as its got me quite worried.

Delikate

Postby Delikate » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 am

We have Gluten Free Panini, made to order with quality ingredients.... you choose what you want and it's made up freshly for you. My favourite is bacon, brie and garlic mushrooms... We also have GF bread for making sandwiches and toasties... the griddles are cleaned down before any GF orders so there's no risk of cross contamination.

Every evening I cook a fresh meal- this depends on what I fancy for supper so it could be Smoked Sausage and Mediterranean veggies in Red wine with GF pasta, or veggie chilli, or meatballs in tomato and red wine.... you get the idea. This is prepared for 6.30 and served straight away- we don't keep food hot for hours and when it's gone it's gone. Get in there before the crew does ;) I usually do a vegan dish as well and if you want you can throw some cheese on it. We also do salads to order if you don't fancy GF bread.

We will have queues- this is because everything is made to order, and we'll get through them as quickly as possible without compromising the quality of service or food.

We have a good following at the other festivals, Bloodstock being one of my favourites, we've also done DL for the last two years and have built up a following there. If you have any questions just PM me or message me on FB (Delikate). As soon as we know where our pitch will be I'll post the location.

Kate of Delikate

Hypergeek

Postby Hypergeek » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Wow, the food at Delikate sounds delicious!
The guy I'm going with is wheat and lactose intolerant, so it's good to know there are options.

Yog Sothoth

Postby Yog Sothoth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Deli Kate's is the only place I buy food from at Bloodstock- definitely worth it. The Panini's are great and the veggie chili is excellent :)

Delikate

Postby Delikate » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I love Bloodstock....
Still don't know where we'll be but we're definitely in there. Look out for the green and red banners next to the Trailer and the Tent of Temptations :)

sophia5892

Postby sophia5892 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Definitely gonna be going to Deli Kate's again! Best stall at download and, to say its all cooked fresh, queue and wait time was never bad.

Delikate

Postby Delikate » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 pm

We're situated in Bohemia, right next to the Bar....

LeftForDead

Postby LeftForDead » Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Just thought I'd bump this old thread! My GF is coeliac so just wondering if anyone knows of any options available this year?

Return to “Drink & Food”