To Hexistove or not to hexistove

Sonisphere Festival drink and food sub forum
MrsRatty

Re: To Hexistove or not to hexistove

Postby MrsRatty » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

MetalMamma wrote:Despite the general feeling that military are better, just to let anyone interested know that it would seem Millets have Eurohike solid fuel stoves including blocks on sale- usually £4.99, I got one for £2 yesterday.

Good if you're saving the pennies!!

Thanks for this, went in today and bought myself one. Labelled as £2.99 but were £2 also packs of fuel are half price at £1.50!

MetalMamma

Postby MetalMamma » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Glad I could help :D
I love Metal. And I'm a Mamma.
Image Image

http://www.facebook.com/stacey.mizen

HunBunMetaller

Postby HunBunMetaller » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:15 pm

We have always used one at Download with great results... We have 2 mess tins from the pound shop and a High Gear Hexi stove from Go Outdoors. I also use the frying pan from my Trangia, as from 2 cubes I can heat enough water for 2 cuppas in the morning, and with the frying pan balanced on top can cook enough bacon for 2 butties (better than £5+ for a bacan buttie every morning!)
I didnt know Trangias were aloud (earlier post) they are a thousand times better than a Hexi Stove (Id get butties n cuppas for half the campsite off one! :romance-grouphug: ) but at Download theyre not aloud :angry-extinguishflame: ?

Sooo excited now...tickets have arrived... only prob is Ive lost my wellies and our flag that we update every year!!
ImageImageImage

Donna

Postby Donna » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 am

Are allowed to use them by the tent?

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Supposed to cook in the custom built pits. Last year most cooked next to their tents, but this year the cooking areas are supposed to be better.
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Return to “Drink & Food”