CAR SHARING - UNOFFICIAL

Sonisphere Festival travel sub forum
lucidj

Re: CAR SHARING - UNOFFICIAL

Postby lucidj » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:07 pm

maiden.heaven wrote:still got the space coming from wolverhampton ( hapy to pickup in local area)

Hey maiden.heaven, did you get my email a few weeks back?

Do you still have room in your car for two people please :D , we can get to Wolverhampton no problem?

Thankyou!

LowlandLady

Postby LowlandLady » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 am

Heya!!!
Posting this message as one of the options to get to Knebworth.

Me and 3 friends (very clean, funny dutchies haha) will FINALLY journey off to England in a few days to rock at sonisphere!!!!
We will be arriving in Stansted airport very early on thursday morning and are still checking out different ways to get to Knebworth. So far, all options lead to multiple buses or trains with some waiting time inbetween rides. Not really ideal...yet...
Maybeeeeeee there are some of you with spare room in your cars that could pick up the 4 of us somewhere near the airport of London Stansted???
It would not be a problem if we can't travel together, so, for example, 4 cars with 1 seat to spare each is fine aswell!
If so, please comment here or send me an email at marjoleinpeeters@yahoo.com

Love,
LowlandLady
If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail! - Kurt Cobain

maiden.heaven

Postby maiden.heaven » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 pm

lucidj wrote:
maiden.heaven wrote:still got the space coming from wolverhampton ( hapy to pickup in local area)

Hey maiden.heaven, did you get my email a few weeks back?

Do you still have room in your car for two people please :D , we can get to Wolverhampton no problem?

Thankyou!

hey.....erm i dont remember having any emails off you?......

at a push i do have two spaces left but it could change to 3....i should confirm that by tomorrow.
are you tall people? the seat behind me has got naff legroom....

but yeah i'll pm you in a sec

chazz

Postby chazz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Sonisfairy wrote:Could do with a lift down on the Thursday and a return after 3pm from Stevenage on the Monday? Oh, from Newcastle!!! xx

Newcastle / Durham area

My other half and I are going down early Thursday morning and going back around 12PM on Monday.

Let us know.

Charles & Deidre
Life is to short not to party like a ROCK STAR!!

\m/ METAL \m/

chazz

Postby chazz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Newcastle / Durham area

My other half and I are taking off early Thursday morning and coming back Monday around 12PM ish. I have to be back no later than 4:30PM on Monday in Durham.

Deidre and I have room for 2 if you don't have that much gear and 1 if your bring a lot. I should have about 1/3 of a boot open for whom ever plus whatever you can put in back seat with you. (we just have a lot of camping hear, but we do have a large car)

:music-rockon: Charles & Deidre

Long LIVE

\m/ METAL \m/

\m/ METAL \m/

LowlandLady

Postby LowlandLady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm

aaaah too bad that you've only got 2 seats, there's 4 of us landing in stansted, so that could be on your way to stevenage/knebworth...
Maybe I should hide 2 friends in the suitcases...

chazz wrote:Newcastle / Durham area

My other half and I are taking off early Thursday morning and coming back Monday around 12PM ish. I have to be back no later than 4:30PM on Monday in Durham.

Deidre and I have room for 2 if you don't have that much gear and 1 if your bring a lot. I should have about 1/3 of a boot open for whom ever plus whatever you can put in back seat with you. (we just have a lot of camping hear, but we do have a large car)

Long LIVE

\m/ METAL \m/

chazz

Postby chazz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:49 pm

LowlandLady wrote:aaaah too bad that you've only got 2 seats, there's 4 of us landing in stansted, so that could be on your way to stevenage/knebworth...
Maybe I should hide 2 friends in the suitcases...

We'll that sounds great we will just put them on top of the car ... LOL

Anyways ... keep posting and am sure you will find someone driving pass if not I know they have Bus's you can book to there ...

Hope you 4 find a ride ... cya there!!

\m/ METAL \m/
[/quote]

\m/ METAL \m/

rentawitch

Postby rentawitch » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:16 pm

LowlandLady wrote:Heya!!!
Posting this message as one of the options to get to Knebworth.

Me and 3 friends (very clean, funny dutchies haha) will FINALLY journey off to England in a few days to rock at sonisphere!!!!
We will be arriving in Stansted airport very early on thursday morning and are still checking out different ways to get to Knebworth. So far, all options lead to multiple buses or trains with some waiting time inbetween rides. Not really ideal...yet...
Maybeeeeeee there are some of you with spare room in your cars that could pick up the 4 of us somewhere near the airport of London Stansted???
It would not be a problem if we can't travel together, so, for example, 4 cars with 1 seat to spare each is fine aswell!
If so, please comment here or send me an email at marjoleinpeeters@yahoo.com

Love,
LowlandLady

Hi Dutchies. To be honest your best bet is a taxi especially early in the morning. Stevenage airport taxis quote £45 so £11.25 each and they will pick you up at stanstead and take you straight there. But you wont be able to get in until 3pm. Best bet hang around the airport... there will be loos, shops, cafes and have a cab pick you up later. You could hang on until Wednesday to see if you got a better offer. Im coming from a different direction sorry and good luck!
Their number is 01438 420 420

LowlandLady

Postby LowlandLady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot!!!
We've already decided to take a taxi to stevenage and spend our morning there untill the buses start going to the gates at 1 in the afternoon.
Ive written down the number anyways, so all will go well I suppose.
Thanks again for your kind help and see you at soni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laycock

Postby laycock » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

WANTED

lift from sheffield on thursday, did have something sorted but just been cancelled on n theres no more coaches, would be more than happy to pay upto £40 gunna cost me more than I've got to go on the train :(

chazz

Postby chazz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm

laycock wrote:WANTED

lift from sheffield on thursday, did have something sorted but just been cancelled on n theres no more coaches, would be more than happy to pay upto £40 gunna cost me more than I've got to go on the train :(

Let us know if you don't find anything no later than WED night. We should in your area around 9 or 10AM on Thursday ... Not sure if you need a ride back but were heading back North around 11AM Monday morning.

Long Live

\m/ METAL \m/

\m/ METAL \m/

laycock

Postby laycock » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:56 am

chazz wrote:

Let us know if you don't find anything no later than WED night. We should in your area around 9 or 10AM on Thursday ... Not sure if you need a ride back but were heading back North around 11AM Monday morning.

Long Live

\m/ METAL \m/

Hi, thanks for replying :)

For some reason I cant send PMs but yes I am still in need of a lift both there and back if it's deffinatly ok?

Would I be meeting you in sheffield town centre?

Thankyou so much, Natalie

bigh

Postby bigh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 am

leaving from lincoln on friday returning early monday 2 seats available in my mpv

chazz

Postby chazz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

laycock wrote:
chazz wrote:

Long Live

\m/ METAL \m/

Hi, thanks for replying :)

For some reason I cant send PMs but yes I am still in need of a lift both there and back if it's deffinatly ok?

Would I be meeting you in sheffield town centre?

Thankyou so much, Natalie

Hey Natalie!!

Sure we have room for you ... I don't wish to post my email address or mobile here so if you can click on the link here that goes to my Facebook page and ask me to be a friend and I will send you a msg from there and have Deidre give you a call so you girls can set everything up.

:music-rockon: C

Long Live

\m/ METAL \m/

\m/ METAL \m/

laycock

Postby laycock » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:40 pm

[/quote]

Hey Natalie!!

Sure we have room for you ... I don't wish to post my email address or mobile here so if you can click on the link here that goes to my Facebook page and ask me to be a friend and I will send you a msg from there and have Deidre give you a call so you girls can set everything up.

:music-rockon: C

Long Live

\m/ METAL \m/[/quote]

It doesn't give me the option to add or E-mail on your facebook :S, my E-mail is Laycock1@hotmail.co.uk :)

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Chances are i'll be driving down, likely i'll have a spare seat for any of the 'known' bordies
Will pick up from anywhere from PE11 to Knebworth. (as long as its not to far out the way) More likely able to pick people up from the train station :)

PM me if your interested, Depending on how far you tag along for it'd be nice to get some money towards petrol
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

genrallzod666

Postby genrallzod666 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 pm

WANTED please

1 space needed, bringing camping bag, pop up tent and foldy chair so shouldn't take up too much room, i'm also only 5'6" so should fit nicely in the back seat :D

zoemockxo

Postby zoemockxo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Wanted!

Space for two from Cardiff area. Can travel to Swansea, Newport and other areas.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=827608958

Much appreciated if anyone can!
Slipknot <3

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Sat May 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Me and the missus are travelling up from High Wycombe on the Friday morning, so have a couple of seats available. As I'm travelling past, can stop off at Luton Airport, if anyone has a large bundle of kit. Got an estate car, so shouldn't be a problem getting the kit in.
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

dominoid

Postby dominoid » Sun May 29, 2011 7:49 pm

*double post, I'm a spacktard*
Last edited by dominoid on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dominoid

Postby dominoid » Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 am

WANTED
Me and my GF are coming up from Plymouth on the 7th and now have no lift so if anyone in or near Plymouth has a couple of spare seats than some beer money and our eternal gratitude will be yours for the taking!

tomtom

Postby tomtom » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 pm

goin from manchester to sonisphere on the thursday morning in a van let me know if anyone need a lift of stuff takin down

bax

Postby bax » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi All!

I'm driving to Sonisphere on the Thursday morning 10-11am and am able to offer 4 car spaces
I will be leaving on the Monday at 11am also with 4 car spaces

I'm driving from Mansfield (midlands area) so i can pick up and drop off anywhere within the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire Area, also if you live just off the M1 on the way to Sonisphere I can offer a pick up and drop off as long as it's not too far out. (don't mind picking up from train stations airports etc).

I will have room for a large bag for each person and space for tents and can do a supermarket run beforehand for those who haven't bought food. If you interested (even if your not directly on my route) please get in touch or my car will be very empty on the way down :shock:

http://gocarshare.com/carshare/4429/travel-from-Mansfield-to-Sonisphere-on-07-07-2011

Theres my GoCarShare link if you fancy a lift :D

Cheers!

Adam.
Festivals Attended to Date:
Download '09
Download '10
Sonisphere '10
Download '11

Left this year:
Sonisphere '11

Goldmember

Postby Goldmember » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm coming down from Linlithgow on Thursday at midday, hopefully earlier depending on work. Will be driving by myself in a new style Corsa, so i guess I've got room for up to 3 comfortably. I'm having to return first thing on Sunday unfortunately. If it's any good to anyone I could offer a lift either way.

http://gocarshare.com/carshare/3672/tra ... 08-07-2011 :)
Last edited by Goldmember on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al W

Postby Al W » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:55 pm

One space back to Edinburgh if anyone needs it. Have to come back on Sunday evening, so leaving festival about 5.30pm.

Not great I know, but if you have to home Sunday night for Monday then get in touch.

Al

Return to “Travel”