Free Tickets and Travel!!!

Sonisphere Festival travel sub forum
triaxis

Free Tickets and Travel!!!

Postby triaxis » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Right, now that we have your attention, please read the below to make sure your question hasn't already been answered. In addition, please read the website and the other questions/answers in this forum.

Whilst we try to answer the questions as best we can, as quickly as we can, people who have not done a bit of work to find their answer not being answered as quickly as those who have geuine questions that have not already been answered

Travel

Entrance to Knebworth might get congested - what are the plans for managing traffic in and out of the site?
We are hopeful that the traffic plans in place will ease the congestion. There are contingency plans in place just in case. As arrivals spread over days, then traffic should not be a problem

We are aware of the free coach deals offered, but will there be a shuttle bus running to and from the station / nearest Airport? And if so how much will it cost?
No plans as there is no contract or arrangement with the Airport. There will be one from Stevenage train station into the campsite entrance. We will post the exact times for them to leave on the bus. As there will be rush hour on the Monday morning, it might be worth having the buses leaving after the rush hour has died down.

Will a shuttle bus run from Stevenage to site and will it run on Thursday?
Yes and yes.

Is there any chance of a shuttle bus doing a trip to the local supermarket in the mornings?

No. We aim to provide everything you need on site.

Is there any chance of offering the free coach travel deals to those who bought their tickets before the offer was made?
The deal made with the coach travel could only be made to new ticket buyers unfortunately hence we are unable to extend this offer to existing ticket buyers. We want to use it to extend the attendance of the festival.

Can we walk to the festival from the train station?
No. Please DO NOT walk to the festival site. It is a 2 mile walk and involves crossing a motorway junction where you will be stopped for safety reasons. Use the Shuttles or Taxis

Tell me more about the Shuttle Buses
A FREE shuttle bus service will run during the scheduled train timings from Stevenage Train Station to the Sonisphere site starting at 2pm on the Thursday and ending once you have all gone on Monday. It will be a continuous service rather than at set times. More buses will be available during busy periods but you may need to wait for a short while to get the next available bus. The shuttle bus is not reserved for just rail users. It can be used by local festival goers and people staying or parking in Stevenage. The shuttle bus will leave from the Leisure Park at the foot of the railway station bridge. Also on the Monday, the free shuttle service will start at 9.15am from the site to try to avoid busy periods at the train station during the Monday morning rush hour

I'm travelling by train - which station should I be arriving at?
The nearest rail station is Stevenage, two miles away. Non stop Inter-City and local services run to Stevenage from London Kings Cross Station around every 30 minutes. Plus, there are frequent Inter-City connections on the East Coast main line to Cambridge, York, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and many other destinations. Please note that there will be NO festival access from Knebworth Train Station. You must use Stevenage station.

What about my return journey?
It is STRONGLY recommended that return tickets are bought in advance. Stevenage is on a very busy commuter line and has narrow platforms so it will not be possible for festival goers to gain access to the station till after 9.30am once the commuter traffic has died down. It is therefore recommended that trains are booked for after 10am to ensure you can meet your travel plans. It is best just to have a bit of a lay in and save yourselves hassle.

Will there be any taxis
There is a taxi rank at the station. Some useful numbers for taxi companies in Stevenage are 01438 424242 for ABC Taxis Stevenage Ltd; 01438 728866 for Stevenage Taxis and 01438 420 420 for Stevenage Airport Taxis. Hopefully you will not need these though - the shuttles will run whilst trains are running.

Tell me about the coaches
Return travel direct to the heart of Sonisphere with Big Green Coach. Let the Sonisphere atmosphere begin the moment you step on board! Sleep off a heavy weekend back home. Festival tickets and travel available. Deposit scheme available for festival ticket and coach package – book now, pay balance later!
See Coaches are proud to be offering return coach travel once more. From your home town to the heart of the festival couldn’t be easier, meaning you can leave the car at home and travel with fellow likeminded festival goers.

I'm driving from >insert place here< - how do I get there?
The public entrance to the Park is directly off Junction 7 of the A1(M) motorway (exit Stevenage South), 10 miles north of the M25. Sat Nav systems should use the post code SG1 2AX. To locate the A1(M) please see the Motorway Map on the website. There is plenty of parking available.
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Return to “Travel”