Dropping off / picking up

Sonisphere Festival travel sub forum

Dropping off / picking up

Postby Mutter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 am

First time as a taxi! I am dropping off my daughter and friends on Thursday and picking up on Monday and I have a few queries.

How long are the queues to the drop off point and would it be quicker for them to drop off in Stevenage so they can get the shuttle bus?

The journey would normally take 50 mins ( coming south) so how long is it likely to take on Thursday and what time should we aim to arrive if the gates open at 3?

Where's the best place to pick up on Monday?

Many thanks!

Re: Dropping off / picking up

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 pm

not sure how long the queues would be at the site ,probably not too long on thursday , the queue for them into the arena may be a little while , i would allow an extra 10 minutes or so , there will be increased traffic coming off at junction 7 but as most people start to arrive from about lunch they shouldnt be too bad , keep an eye on local travel news they normally let you know of any issue,

the site opens at 3 but expect there to be several thousnad people there , waiting to go in , might be worth aiming a bit before or a bit after 3 to beat the queue or let it go down a bit

monday depends what time they want to come home , from about 830 to 11 will be really busy ( all the coaches and the like , so its up to you early morning or near lunch would be the quietest times

hope this helps
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Return to “Travel”