Time of last show- Possible to make last train to London?

Sonisphere Festival travel sub forum
Sass029

Time of last show- Possible to make last train to London?

Postby Sass029 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Hey! Couldn't find a clear answer to this, so I apologize if it's a duplicate - is there a rough time when the show ends on Sunday? (ie I've been to festivals where they don't have a license to play past 11 and I'm new to Sonisphere). Ideally hoping to catch the train back to London but I can't miss Metallica. Any tips are helpful. Thanks!

billytheweed

Re: Time of last show- Possible to make last train to London

Postby billytheweed » Tue May 06, 2014 12:33 pm

the main headliner will finish around 11pm , the tented stages go on until about 3am monday morning , if you want to leave just after the main headliner on sunday then i'm pretty sure the trains to london will still be running, i'm sure other can answer that though
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Zac

Postby Zac » Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 pm

First Capital Connect are putting on extra trains that will run late. We're just waiting for final confirmation on the timings before we do a news story but I believe it's going to be about 1.30am for the last one. Headliners will be off by 11pm (if they are behaving themselves).

buckethead

Postby buckethead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 am

Hey there,

Are there any updates on this? I will be commuting from London as well and would really not mind waiting until 4-5 am for the first trains back :)

Any information much much appreciated. Thanks!

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:28 pm

buckethead wrote:Hey there,

Are there any updates on this? I will be commuting from London as well and would really not mind waiting until 4-5 am for the first trains back :)

Any information much much appreciated. Thanks!

Zac is the festival manager so i would expect that the post above will become the truth very soon , i doubt she would have posted it on here if it wasnt going to happen
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

Zac

Postby Zac » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 am

Sorry folks, having met up with the network manager it seems we can't advertise the late trains because they aren't definite due to the nature of how they run late trains. There may be some to mop up people but you'll need to plan around the scheduled last train that is publicised by them now.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Zac wrote:Sorry folks, having met up with the network manager it seems we can't advertise the late trains because they aren't definite due to the nature of how they run late trains. There may be some to mop up people but you'll need to plan around the scheduled last train that is publicised by them now.

might be wiorth posting this Zac

http://www.theadvertisergroup.co.uk/Dai ... 172928.htm
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

ol3

Postby ol3 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 pm

billytheweed wrote:
Zac wrote:Sorry folks, having met up with the network manager it seems we can't advertise the late trains because they aren't definite due to the nature of how they run late trains. There may be some to mop up people but you'll need to plan around the scheduled last train that is publicised by them now.

might be wiorth posting this Zac

http://www.theadvertisergroup.co.uk/Dai ... 172928.htm

Great update for Saturday, but as far as I can see the last train to leave for London on Sunday night is 00:05.
Is this the last chance to get to London?
What time should I start to leave for the shuttle bus?

red death

Postby red death » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:04 pm

First Capital Connect are advertising the late night trains they are running (including Sunday): http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/pl ... or-events/

Eg On Sunday 6 July, we will run three extra late night trains from Stevenage to London King's Cross, all in the early hours of Monday morning at 0005 (12 carriages), 0034 (8 carriages) and 0132 (12 carriages).
Trivium 2/2, Me First & the Gimme Gimmes 28/2
Tragedy 23/3, FFDP 30/3
(Devildriver) + Sylosis + Bleed from Within 4/4
Suicide Silence 27/6
Sonisphere 3-6/7
Machinehead 4/8, The Hives 21/8
Rise Against 10/11, Volbeat 17/11
Kreator 18/12

Return to “Travel”