camping area

Sonisphere Festival camping sub forum
disco_diva

camping area

Postby disco_diva » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 pm

hi all!! i went to sonisphere in 2009 with my fella in rock royalty and found it alright (not really worth the extra!!)this year i'm coming again wooo hooo!!but this time i'm coming with my sister and her husband and was just wondering what the camping area is like?? (not rock royality!!as i can't afford the £100 hike in price!!)it's just so i can prepare my sister as this is her 1st time at a festival and only my 2nd x x thankyou x x x x :music-rockon:

Baines

Re: camping area

Postby Baines » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 pm

disco_diva wrote:hi all!! i went to sonisphere in 2009 with my fella in rock royalty and found it alright (not really worth the extra!!)this year i'm coming again wooo hooo!!but this time i'm coming with my sister and her husband and was just wondering what the camping area is like?? (not rock royality!!as i can't afford the £100 hike in price!!)it's just so i can prepare my sister as this is her 1st time at a festival and only my 2nd x x thankyou x x x x :music-rockon:

Its covered in rubbish, it's full of drunken people, and depending on where you camp you'll get no sleep. Fan-bloody-tastic weekend
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm

when you first arrive it looks really empty and clean and lovely basically and you get to pick a nice spot. (if you arrive on the thursday)...

if you arrive on the friday then you will probably be rammed into any sort of space available (it will be limited). watch that you don't obstruct anyone's tent entrance cause they will probably flatten yours in order to get back in. also be aware that if you make your guy ropes too long, they will get pulled out of the ground when someone trips on them. (they may also get cut if the person is annoyed about it).

but i have camped at soni twice now (regular camping) and had no major issues at all. and haven't witnessed any major problems. apart from the fires of 2010 but that was camping chairs and no-one was sitting in them or anything like that.

;)

if all else fails, join a camp. that way you know you are around people you can trust to look after your things (unless it is alcoholic, then burglars will have "magically" appeared, left all your money and valuables but taken all your drink).

have a great time at soni 2010...

:D
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

DIO

Postby DIO » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 am

Ive been normal camping for both years, and plan on doing it again this year :music-rockon: You'll meet some amazing people and everyone gets along fine! Yeah people are drunk, but they're drunk across the full festival so you cant blame us :lol:

As kazz said, watch out where or if you put guy ropes down, people tend to fall over them at night and it creates all sorts of hassle.

disco_diva

Postby disco_diva » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:51 pm

trust me the rock royalty was a bloody mess when we left!!the extra money for 'better facilities' was a load of rubbish cause the toilet was trashed after the first day hehe!!sounds absouloutely brilliant!!can't wait!!will keep rope on the tent down to as little as possible :D hope to meet lots of new faces this year as i think this is gonna be one of the best :music-rockon:

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:19 pm

it will be a shock to the system if you went RR last time , normal camping has a lot less space , you have to carry your stuff from the car park to where you pitch , its a lot noisier, the queue for the showers were very long , this year RR will be a lot better than last year ( i have it on good authority ) there will be cleaner toilets , the pamper palace, and more and cleaner showers as well as the entertainment in the RR garden , and they will be keeping the chef and corporate catering they had last year but not 2009

just saying ;)
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

disco_diva

Postby disco_diva » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 pm

sounds like they updated it!!still can't justify the price haha rather spend money on going to other gigs during the year aswell as soni!! :P

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

As RR goers, we walked to watch the footie match last year, which was right by the main entrance. Christ, that's a trek and THAT hill..... how you guys do it with all your gear is beyond me :bow-yellow:
Image Image

Baines

Postby Baines » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

welshAC_81 wrote:As RR goers, we walked to watch the footie match last year, which was right by the main entrance. Christ, that's a trek and THAT hill..... how you guys do it with all your gear is beyond me :bow-yellow:

Because we aren't a bunch of lazy people who are willing to pay above the odds for tickets that come with very little worthy perks?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 pm

I agree that i'm lazy :D
Image Image

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

welshAC_81 wrote:I agree that i'm lazy :D

this ^ and i am old :lol:
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

DIO

Postby DIO » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Trekking the hill with all your gear is part of the Sonisphere experience though :lol: it feels more satisfying when you sit down with a beer after you've put then tent up and you're knackered out :music-rockon:

Return to “Camping”