Tangerine Fields

Sonisphere Festival camping sub forum
ApathyInTheUK

Tangerine Fields

Postby ApathyInTheUK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Whats the deal with the pre-pitched tents/tangerine fields? Is it in a seperate area with seperate wristband or just a section of standard camping? I will be in family camping which I presume has a seperate wristband but I have friends going for the pre-pitched option and wondered if I will be able to visit their camp.

Cheers :)

Baines

Re: Tangerine Fields

Postby Baines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 pm

ApathyInTheUK wrote:Whats the deal with the pre-pitched tents/tangerine fields? Is it in a seperate area with seperate wristband or just a section of standard camping? I will be in family camping which I presume has a seperate wristband but I have friends going for the pre-pitched option and wondered if I will be able to visit their camp.

Cheers :)

They can come visit you, but you cant go into VIP camping
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

ApathyInTheUK

Postby ApathyInTheUK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 pm

No, not the rock royalty VIP camping, apparently this is somewhere in the standard camp according to the main website info.

Baines

Postby Baines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm

ApathyInTheUK wrote:No, not the rock royalty VIP camping, apparently this is somewhere in the standard camp according to the main website info.

Yeah, as far as Im aware it's still classed as VIP camping which means you wont be able to go and visit them
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Baines wrote:
ApathyInTheUK wrote:No, not the rock royalty VIP camping, apparently this is somewhere in the standard camp according to the main website info.

Yeah, as far as Im aware it's still classed as VIP camping which means you wont be able to go and visit them

i'm not sure it is you know , reading the write up

http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/buy-t ... hed-tents/
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

ApathyInTheUK

Postby ApathyInTheUK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Hmmm, just found the tangerine fiels website and looks like you are right Baines, they have extra security and its for prepitch people only. Though I guess they wont get into family camping either without a family wristband. Just have to meet up somewhere else.

http://www.tangerinefields.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=133:friends&catid=31:general&Itemid=41

ApathyInTheUK

Postby ApathyInTheUK » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Although, having said that, Sonisphere isn't an "added juice" festival so may not have the wristband. Guess I will find out when I get there.

mikeyb101

Postby mikeyb101 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:51 am

What's the score with Tangerine Fields and Family camping? We've got family camping tickets and ordered tents and their instructions just say to go to the Tangerine Fields area. Do they pitch in family camping if requested or do we have to camp in the tangerine fields area?

Red

Postby Red » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Any idea if there will be a tangerine fields area again next year? I've bought general tickets hoping that there will be, but I haven't heard anything!

Thinkharder

Postby Thinkharder » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Red wrote:Any idea if there will be a tangerine fields area again next year? I've bought general tickets hoping that there will be, but I haven't heard anything!

I emailed them to ask and this is the reply I got...
Hi David
We are only in the VIP field at Sonisphere 2011.
Happy new year
TF

I'm not happy! It was great in there last year, don't really wanna have to take my own tent I'm too lazy!

Zac

Postby Zac » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah sorry about that guys. It was because the date had to change and Tangerine Fields were already committed at other events so couldn't do two fields at Sonisphere this year.

Red

Postby Red » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh poo!! is there any chance of upgrading our tickets to VIP Camping? or is it a case of once you've paid a deposit you have to stick with the ticket?

Zac

Postby Zac » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Red wrote:Oh poo!! is there any chance of upgrading our tickets to VIP Camping? or is it a case of once you've paid a deposit you have to stick with the ticket?

Once you have paid your balance off ask the ticket agent if you can upgrade. They should let you assuming that Rock Royalty hasn't sold out by then.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Zac wrote:
Red wrote:Oh poo!! is there any chance of upgrading our tickets to VIP Camping? or is it a case of once you've paid a deposit you have to stick with the ticket?

Once you have paid your balance off ask the ticket agent if you can upgrade. They should let you assuming that Rock Royalty hasn't sold out by then.

i would upgrade as soon as you can some of the RR packages have sold out already and last year the own camping and a couple of the ready made tents had sold out by the end of feb , and there is sure to be a load more tickets shifted when the next announcement happens .
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

Baines

Postby Baines » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I wouldn't even bother upgrading. Seriously, it isn't worth the money.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Baines wrote:I wouldn't even bother upgrading. Seriously, it isn't worth the money.

RR wasnt worth the money last year , but this year will be different trust me ;)
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

Baines

Postby Baines » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am

billytheweed wrote:
Baines wrote:I wouldn't even bother upgrading. Seriously, it isn't worth the money.

RR wasnt worth the money last year , but this year will be different trust me ;)

Still not worth £300 a ticket though

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

It's worth what people pay

Crinch

Postby Crinch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Well thanks T in the Park for shafting us inadvertantly. I really was not looking forward to regular camping, but aah well =/

DrManage

Postby DrManage » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

I can probably guess what the answer is here, but will ask anyway. We would like to book a GeoDome in RR but for 6 people. The option is only for 4, we don't mind if it is a bit tight for room so is there no way we can add an additional 2 people and pay extra?

Return to “Camping”