can someone please help?

Sonisphere Festival camping sub forum
marky-boy2

can someone please help?

Postby marky-boy2 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 pm

i have bought 2 tickets and car parking for the saturday

after searching unsuccessfully for a hotel, we decided to camp, in my party there are 2 adults (with tickets) an 11 year old (he goes free)

i have purchased 1 quiet camping upgrade for us for £38.50

i have emailed sonisphere through this site, they don't seem to want to talk to anyone in real life, they are telling me i need to pay for all members of my party to camp (£38.50 x 3) including the 11 year old

they want me to pay £115.50 for a patch on grass to lie down on in my own tent?????

chunkboy

Re: can someone please help?

Postby chunkboy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Other than charging you for the child to camp, this would be appear to be quite standard at any festival as camping is always charged per person rather than per pitch. Plus camping isn't as simplistic as saying you're only paying for the piece of land that you're tent is pitched on, there are other costs for the festival to consider such as lighting, security, water, toilets etc.

marky-boy2

Postby marky-boy2 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:25 pm

anyone know is an 11 year old is chargeable for camping?

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:19 pm

No. You shouldn't be charged. According to the "Kids Go Free" section of the website all under 12 year olds are free, they do not need ANY kind of ticket at all. Even if you were in Rock Royalty the kid would still share your hotel/tent etc...

Be warned though I took my son twice and each time had a complete nightmare trying to get him in. Last time they even radioed for a manager and even she kept saying I had to buy a ticket for an 11 year old. In the end she said she'd let him in as a gesture of goodwill.

Read the section of the website out to the people on the phone and stand your ground.

Don't let it put you off, there will be lots of kids there, Soni is great for their first festival and the memories you'll make will far outweigh any problems. I'll be back this year and my son will be seeing Maiden for his 3rd time at a festival.

owl79

Postby owl79 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:52 pm

It does state that under 12's go free, I'm bringing my 10 yr old and printing out a copy of the kids go free plus bringing his birth certificate just in case their is an issue. In regards for being charged each to camp ( except the child) then that's standard.

SONI 10',
SONI 11',
INCUBUS NOV 11',
DL 12',
FOB 14'
SONI 14'

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Yup standard :) welcome to festival land :) But its sonisphere so worth every penny!
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

Return to “Camping”