NHL

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: NHL

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:27 pm

I too am beginning to think that my Pens are not going to make it too far in the playoffs. Rumors have it Crosby will not be back this year, Malkin is already out for the season, several other key players. Injuries are just taking a toll now.

Even without these players the Pens are good enough to make the playoffs, but it will be very difficult to make a deep run.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: NHL

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 pm

any team losing them two would be hit hard. should make the playoffs no probs, but there's no way you can plug that gap really

Avalanche are utterly atrocious at the moment. one point in ten games :( then our top scorer Matt Duchene got injured as well. not looking good
Image
:animals-cow:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:39 am

The Av's are playing the Preds tonight, and I need Pekka Rinne to get another shut out xD For my fantasy game, he's easily my best player, and is my favourite player in the NHL that isn't already playing in Vancouver xD

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: NHL

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm

shouldn't be too hard. I cant remember us ever being on a worse run than they are now :(
Image
:animals-cow:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

What are they, like 1-17-2 or something crazy?

Trading Chris Stewart is gonna come back and bite you in the ass big time.

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: NHL

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

brunners wrote:What are they, like 1-17-2 or something crazy?

Trading Chris Stewart is gonna come back and bite you in the ass big time.

we'll wait and see I guess, I'm just not sure what the point was, this seasons pretty much a write off, and we've gone for players who are a similar age range and quality :?

I've pretty much lost interest in this season :lol: might as well just plan for next season
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: NHL

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Good news for my team. Crosby is now practicing in full gear again and should be playing again soon.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 am

Holy cow, i cannot even remember the last time i watched any NHL! This is indeed lame. I must sort this out.

EDIT: Also....it's been like a year and a half since i posted in this thread! Whoops!
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:25 am

Longman666 wrote:Holy cow, i cannot even remember the last time i watched any NHL! This is indeed lame. I must sort this out.

EDIT: Also....it's been like a year and a half since i posted in this thread! Whoops!


Don't worry, you haven't missed much. Vancouver are the dominant force in the NHL at the moment, the west is super tight, New Jersey were bottom at christmas and now might make the playoffs and Gary Bettman is still a huge douchebag.

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:Good news for my team. Crosby is now practicing in full gear again and should be playing again soon.


Honestly, I wouldn't rush him back. I think you could be better keeping him out rather than having the Marc Savard thing happen and have it affect next year too.

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: NHL

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:13 pm

brunners wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't rush him back. I think you could be better keeping him out rather than having the Marc Savard thing happen and have it affect next year too.


I don't think he will be back before the playoffs. Mabye a game or two but nothing more. The season is winding down anyhow.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 pm

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:
brunners wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't rush him back. I think you could be better keeping him out rather than having the Marc Savard thing happen and have it affect next year too.


I don't think he will be back before the playoffs. Mabye a game or two but nothing more. The season is winding down anyhow.


I look at the Pens right now and I struggle to see you getting out of the first round, unfortunately. To many injuries, and you just got your ass kicked by the Rangers of all people.

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: NHL

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 pm

brunners wrote:
HarvesterofSorrow wrote:
brunners wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't rush him back. I think you could be better keeping him out rather than having the Marc Savard thing happen and have it affect next year too.


I don't think he will be back before the playoffs. Mabye a game or two but nothing more. The season is winding down anyhow.


I look at the Pens right now and I struggle to see you getting out of the first round, unfortunately. To many injuries, and you just got your ass kicked by the Rangers of all people.


I don't see us getting out of the 1st round right now either. As you said too many injuries.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:52 am

brunners wrote:
Don't worry, you haven't missed much. Vancouver are the dominant force in the NHL at the moment, the west is super tight, New Jersey were bottom at christmas and now might make the playoffs and Gary Bettman is still a huge douchebag.

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:Good news for my team. Crosby is now practicing in full gear again and should be playing again soon.


Honestly, I wouldn't rush him back. I think you could be better keeping him out rather than having the Marc Savard thing happen and have it affect next year too.



It's quite appaling that i know none of those names you just threw at me there!
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:09 pm

haha. That's cool.

Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are teams, Gary Bettman is the douchebag who runs the league.

And Sidney Crosby and Marc Savard are two players who're both having concussion problems.

User avatar
GearsCT
Posts: 6058
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: NHL

Postby GearsCT » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:02 am

I'm sort of a Penguins fan.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:38 am

brunners wrote:haha. That's cool.

Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are teams, Gary Bettman is the douchebag who runs the league.

And Sidney Crosby and Marc Savard are two players who're both having concussion problems.



Man, you make me sound like a complete newbie! I meant the players names, though i have heard of Sidney before. Leafs is my team. Have been for years. I used to play roller hockey up until about 2 years ago. Played it for about 14 years! Also dabbled in ice hockey a few times. Cardiff Devils are my UK team.

GearsCT wrote:I'm sort of a Penguins fan.


Sort of?
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

User avatar
GearsCT
Posts: 6058
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: NHL

Postby GearsCT » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Yer as in I don't really watch it too much, but my flat mate got me into it and sort of adopted his team in the process.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Ah right. That makes sense. My cousin lives in Toronto and despite buying me loads of baseball stuff when i was younger he never bought me any ice hockey stuff. I don't even like baseball. Lol
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 pm

I haven't got any ice hockey stuff either =[ REALLY want a vancouver jersey but they're SO expensive it's not even funny.

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I've got a Leafs jersey and a Sabres jersey as it goes. Was gonna get Satan put on the Sabres shirt as he used to be one of their players. I've also got a handful of Cardiff Devils tops. Naturally
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:55 pm

I have a Milton Keynes Lightning one from a few years back, they play in the EPL, rather than the EIHL that the Devils play in.

I want either a Belfast Giants or Nottingham Panthers jersey, cause they're my favourite EIHL teams.

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Very first Devils game i went to was against the Panthers and it involved a bench clearing brawl in the 3rd period!!!! Amazing induction into ice hockey! Thank you very much. Lol
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

brunners
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: NHL

Postby brunners » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 pm

I find that the British leagues seem to embrace fighting even more so than the actual NHL. I don't know whether that's just Britain loving violence or the fact that a lot of the "best" power forwards in the EIHL are just Canadian/American 4th line plugs that couldn't make any teams over there xD

User avatar
Longman666
Posts: 4217
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: NHL

Postby Longman666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:07 pm

brunners wrote: a lot of the "best" power forwards in the EIHL are just Canadian/American 4th line plugs that couldn't make any teams over there xD


Pretty much. Or old has beens from the nhl.
ImageImage
FMC code: 1k979376
Flo wrote:Manda and lloyd are the happiest most lovely folk ever. wish they were my rents :lol:

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: NHL

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 pm

brunners wrote:I haven't got any ice hockey stuff either =[ REALLY want a vancouver jersey but they're SO expensive it's not even funny.

I know. I got my Avalanche one on Ebay, was about £25 (cant remember if it was that seasons or an old one). normally they're about £70
Image
:animals-cow:


Return to “Sport”