WWE

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
ANXIETY

Re: WWE

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 pm

The company is becoming a joke for so many reasons. It'll go the same way as WCW. Hogan has destroyed it.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Ah WCW, how I miss you! Yeah TNA definitely seems to be heading the same way, they must be losing a hell of a lot of money now, they were only really making a slight profit before Hogan and everybody else who will be on a ridiculous contract came in and they're still not getting any extra fans. Really hope it doesn't go bust in the next couple of years, there really needs to be a serious rival to the WWE if only to make them get their finger out and actually try to make the best show they can.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Their fan base seems to be diminishing every week. They are losing way too many viewers, and some of the matches are becoming a joke. Think there was something like 10 minutes of wrestling in a two hour show the other week.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Their fan base seems to be diminishing every week. They are losing way too many viewers, and some of the matches are becoming a joke. Think there was something like 10 minutes of wrestling in a two hour show the other week.

that used to be the best thing about it, the fact that it was mainly wrestling.

however, I also like the fact they pay attention to the undercard rivalries, does my head in that the WWE always talked all the way through every match about the main event. plenty of people want to watch the other matches, they're not just filler for the main event :doh:
:animals-cow:

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

I used to much prefer TNA, but it is just becoming "I am friends with Hogan, I can go far"

A match that is coming up is Sting vs Hulk Hogan. That will be one of the slowest, and boring matches ever. Hulk Hogan should have given up after WCW died. Did you catch the main event of Jeff Hardy vs Sting? Jeff Hardy off his head on drugs and Sting was having none of it. He pinned him pretty much straight away, although the match was supposed to last a lot longer. They think has beens will bring in ratings, but there is a reason why WWE let them go.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 pm

yeah, they used to have a decent balance between new guns and big star names (or has beens), but Jeff Jarrett and Hogan going back to wrestling is ridiculous.

Hogan wasn't that great a wrestler in his prime tbh. It does have a bit of a WCW feel to it if I'm honest now
:animals-cow:

MetalNinja

Postby MetalNinja » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I used to love Sting
alexcore wrote:Ninjas don't sleep, they just wait.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:57 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:yeah, they used to have a decent balance between new guns and big star names (or has beens), but Jeff Jarrett and Hogan going back to wrestling is ridiculous.

Hogan wasn't that great a wrestler in his prime tbh. It does have a bit of a WCW feel to it if I'm honest now

I think lumping Double J in with the likes of Hogan, Sting & Flair is a bit harsh, the guy is actually still more than capable of putting on a good match unlike the rest of them.

The thing I think that's always held TNA back is the non-sensical booking and their unwillingness to make their own major stars ,with a couple of exceptions. I'm still hoping that one day they'll get Paul Heyman in to run the show, he's always been a guy who knows how to get the best out of guys, pushes young talent and always has his finger on the pulse in terms of what the current generation of fans really want to see.

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm

TheGunman wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:yeah, they used to have a decent balance between new guns and big star names (or has beens), but Jeff Jarrett and Hogan going back to wrestling is ridiculous.

I think lumping Double J in with the likes of Hogan, Sting & Flair is a bit harsh, the guy is actually still more than capable of putting on a good match unlike the rest of them.

The thing I think that's always held TNA back is the non-sensical booking and their unwillingness to make their own major stars ,with a couple of exceptions. I'm still hoping that one day they'll get Paul Heyman in to run the show, he's always been a guy who knows how to get the best out of guys, pushes young talent and always has his finger on the pulse in terms of what the current generation of fans really want to see.

it's a shame Heyman has said he has no interest in coming back to wrestling, regardless of company :( he was and still is the best booker in the industry.

lumping JJ in with the others is unfair, he had a good match with Angle at LockDown, shame the powerbomb was botched so badly :shock: that was horrific to watch.

still love Flair though :lol: he takes a good beating, and his famous walk away and fall on his face still makes me chuckle.... 19 years on from seeing it at the Royal Rumble 1992.

TNA is unfortunately going right down the shitter :( I started watching in ~2005/6 when it was still near its peak IMO, when it was 6 sides, the best teams like AMW were still going and having great rivalries with 3D and LAX etc. O, and the X Division was frakking awesome :roll: I miss the likes of Senshi, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, and PETEY MOTHERFUCKIN' WILLIAMS. and rivalries between Sabin and Shelley were brilliant, love the MCMG but their singles matches were quality, as were those with AJ and Daniels before they started main-eventing.

I was reading on the BoA forums, someone had posted on there that apparantly TNA could potentially be going back to the 6 sided ring in the future, and could potentially be having to change its name (dunno how true as there wasn't a posted link, just a regular contributor in the topic) I do hope it goes back to the 6 sided ring, gave TNA something different and gave the X division wrestlers far more variety to add to their repertoire.

Didn't watch LockDown last year, but having watched it this year, albeit it was IMO a really good PPV, but doesn't the Lethal Lockdown cage setup just look like a crap Hell in the Cell cage from WWE without the area between the ring and cage :roll:

O, and Hogan is and always has been gooseberry, as is Cena, he's just this generations version of Hogan for the little kiddies.

TheGunman wrote:They pretty much always have to do that for their big PPVs because they book larger venues than normal but never come close to filling them, it's like they want to pretend they're bigger than they actually are. PPV itself was ok though (I enjoyed it more than Wrestlemania) but pretty much showed off everything good and everything bad in the company, Angle vs Jarrett and the Lethal Lockdown match were both really good but the world title match was a bit of a joke yet again.

whilst the World Title match was poor, it did atleast do its job of progressing the storyline, Sting vs Hogan, RVD telling Hogan to go frakk himself :lol:

though props to TNA for 2 of my favourite wrestling quotes of the year :lol:

Storm yelling at "Bully" Ray "COME HERE FAT BOY"
and Taz in response to "Bully" Ray swinging the kendo stick "he should challenge Chuck Norris" :lol: just brilliant.

the "that's illegal" chants towards R Truth after he lit up a cig on RAW was hilarious

BRING PETEY WILLIAMS BACK! dammit.
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm really starting to warm to Cena. Now they have dropped the Super Cena thing, he is actually bringing out some good matches and some good promos, too.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Petey WIlliams, can't believe they let him go. Funnily enough at one time I thought he was set for a main event run :lol:

I'd agree with you that 2005 was probably TNA at it's peak, the X-division stuff alone that year was enough to keep me enthralled. Not sure if I'd be keen for them to go back to a 6-sided ring, it was very rarely ever utilised fully even by the X-division guys and it's smaller than a standard ring. I wasn't one of those people who was against it or anything, I just don't really see that it makes much of a difference although I do know a lot of people who were put off by the look of it.

I'm just wondering if there's many people who are even interested in seeing Sting vs Hogan, they fucked it up the first time in WCW and now Sting is in no position to carry Hogan to a decent match having not had a good match himself in about 3 years.

And yes Hogan has always been terrible, never even liked him as a kid for some reason, probably cos he cheated Taker to get the title back or something :lol:

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm

For me, the peak of TNA is when they got Angle. Got some good matches out of him, and then it gradually went down hill as Angles mental health did.

Taker is the man who can put on a great show every match left in the business.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 pm

ANXIETY wrote:I'm really starting to warm to Cena. Now they have dropped the Super Cena thing, he is actually bringing out some good matches and some good promos, too.

He had that one good promo directed at The Rock in the build up to 'Mania but that's really been it I think. He's had a couple of decent matches but only really when he's been in there with guys who are a hell of a lot better than he is. He's still got the fakest looking offense I've ever seen so it's difficult for me to really get into his matches, and it's incredibly frustrating to see guys with average wrestling ability like him being put in the main event positions ahead of the real talented workers who just don't happen to be as big physically.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:58 pm

The fact he is no longer beating everyone, and is moving over for The Miz is awesome. He actually works so hard for the business. I don't know, I'm just getting a soft spot for him, haha.

I find him entertaining, put it that way :P

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I don't like Cena purely because he is just the ultimate fan favourite among little kids, and his repertoire of moves consists of about 4 moves. However, now they've dropped the super crap and having him likely start a rivalry with Dwayne, he'll start wrestling like he did back in 06 at ECW ONS, his match with RVD was brilliant, it showed how well he can wrestle when he is not constricted into being one-dimensional and the role model for little kids (and when everyone in the crowd hates his guts :lol: )

(and Rock's promo pre-Wrestlemania with Rock slagging off Cena using that little kid :lol: was a thing of beauty)

I liked the 6 sided ring, even if it was smaller, it gave TNA an edge that the WWE simply didn't have and set it apart which was what it needed, and made things like LethalLockdown better as the cage structure worked better with the gap between the cage roof and sides, so the wrestlers didn't have to leave the ring to get on top of the cage (ala HitC setup). Also Ultimate X I think was a bit better with 6 sides, more room for aerial attacks.

can someone just shoot Hogan, Bischoff and whoever the hell bought them in, take TNA back to 2004 - 2006 when it was that damn good

ANXIETY wrote:For me, the peak of TNA is when they got Angle. Got some good matches out of him, and then it gradually went down hill as Angles mental health did.

Taker is the man who can put on a great show every match left in the business.

Angle was great, as was Christian in TNA was great to see him being the maineventer he deserves rather than mid-card / trainer to rookies in WWE.
Team 3D were used well in TNA I thought, had a brilliant introduction when they beat the crap out of AMW and JJ with help from Nash, and had a nice few title runs / rivalries with good teams / factions.

I loved the fact that TNA bought in people like Rhino, Raven and Sabu, maybe not the best techincal wrestlers but they had some great matches, Monster's Ball and Hangman's Horror etc. and Sabu is just insane. I have a soft spot for Raven for some reason, just love watching him.......wrestle :oops: :?
It's a shame no company have used Stevie Richards properly since ECW :( such a great wrestler, but never been used properly :(

whilst I loved the ECW originals coming back to TNA in late 2010, it just showed them as over-the-hill old boys who can't do it anymore :( particularly Sabu, without hair and he's no where near as agile as he was (obvs wouldn't be) but he just looked incapable of putting in a match worthy of his late 90s reputation.
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 am

Cena pretty much has control of what he wants to do promo wise and in ring wise
he's just given the story, so in that sense its not 'Es fault

Cena back when he was a midcard was much better than he is now, he had more moves and was a much better wrestler.
He needs to strip it back and do things like that again
However that said he has genually looked uncomfortable since wrestlemania and not as happy as he did. (he did a promo with vicky and was loving it, now he seems a bit pissed of.) in need of a heel turn for a bit, even if its half a year or so
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

Stuzzle

Postby Stuzzle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 am

Well they could have had so much more fun if they had kept Cena in Nexus last year and slowly gave his character some new sides and depth as opposed to just having him break out of there as soon as he could - nice touch with the Barrett vs Orton stipulation though, but we all knew he was never going to leave despite the convincing promo the night after

SRL88

Postby SRL88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:39 pm

The whole of wrestling is quite annoying now. Really pee's me off.

I havnt watched TNA for a long, long time but from what I have read about it since Hogan joined it is becomming somewhat an ego filler for him. It definately reminds me of how he was in WCW.

WWE has annoyed ever since they went PG. Its to cheesy now. I loved the whole Jericho/HBK angle a few year ago and its gone completley downhill since. Tag team wrestling was fantastic during the early 2000's and now they have nothing, and its the same with the mid-card. So glad Daniel Bryan got moved to Smackdown so we can actually see some wrestling matches.

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 pm

I can see Morrison returning and getting at least a title shot by the end of the year
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20
Black Stone Cherry October 31

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Morrison will be back in the next few weeks. Probably just before Summerslam.

Motorfluff

Re: WWE - Macho Man Randy Savage R.I.P.

Postby Motorfluff » Sat May 21, 2011 12:32 am

Macho Man Randy Savage has been killed in a car accident today. It appears he had a heart attack at the wheel and cracked into a tree. See www.ewrestlingnews.com for updates.

SRL88

Postby SRL88 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Upon Morrison's return he will have a fued with R-Truth which should be a strong fued. The winner of that should go onto face SuperCena for the strap, which of course will be pointless as we know who will win.

Smackdown is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than Raw.

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 am

i think after raw this week, R Truth will be in line for a title shot before summerslam, not sure if that's a good thing though. think it is about time JoMo got a title.
was really expecting a heel turn from orton or christian on sunday (probably christian) but it doesn't look like that is going to materialise. thought there would be a handshake after the match, followed by an RKO, or a killswitch engage. sheamus new number 1 contender so feud won't even continue

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Strangely R-Truth has managed to get himself quite over, so a title shot is inevitable. Never could stand the guy though, I always dubbed him as the worst NWA champion in history. Morrison is another who I guess is over enough to get a title shot, but I still don't think he has the promo skills to be given the chance with the title for very long in WWE.

The whole Christian title win and immediate loss thing was a joke, but not really surprising, the most surprising thing was that they gave him the title in the first place. I still thin he's headed for a heel turn though, it looks like a nice gradual, slow build to the turn which is much better than just having it happen almost immediately.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon May 30, 2011 5:06 pm

To be fair, Christian wouldn't have won the title at all if Edge was still in the business.

R Truth is a great heel. but I would like many more people to have a title shot. Alberto Del Rio is probably my favourite for the title shot.

Return to “Sport”