WWE

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
jasonisphere

Re: WWE

Postby jasonisphere » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 pm

The fact that there are two titles make the titles a joke.
jonny_sniper wrote:Oh, and Jason, I just noticed the legendary Tony Kakko in your avatar. I think I love you even more now! ;)

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 pm

They should unite them at night of champions.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

jasonisphere

Postby jasonisphere » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

ANXIETY wrote:They should unite them at night of champions.

Yes, exactly what I've been saying for years!
jonny_sniper wrote:Oh, and Jason, I just noticed the legendary Tony Kakko in your avatar. I think I love you even more now! ;)

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:51 pm

They had it on the cards for Cyber Sunday, didn't they?

Big Show vs Cena vs Booker T

World title was on the line, and it was retained.

jasonisphere

Postby jasonisphere » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:58 pm

True, but I think if they were to be re-merged it would have to happen at a bigger event, i.e. Wrestlemania, or maybe Night of Champions if they started valuing the titles a bit more.
I can't remember the last time I gave a toss about the IC title, and I keep forgetting that we even have a US title.

MattOnBass

Postby MattOnBass » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm

how is it possible for the titles not to be a joke in a sport where the outcomes are rigged? who cares who holds them if the fight is a laugh!
ImageImage
http://www.myspace.com/noalibitheband
FMC 1k955688 Ambassador SF838L

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:24 pm

The fights aren't a laugh though, they are becoming more and more boring :lol:

jasonisphere

Postby jasonisphere » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:28 pm

MattOnBass wrote:how is it possible for the titles not to be a joke in a sport where the outcomes are rigged? who cares who holds them if the fight is a laugh!

The real joke is that you're referring to WWE as a sport.

MattOnBass

Postby MattOnBass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 am

oh poo you on technicalities, it's a pretend sport, entertainment sport, whatever, you know exactly what I mean.

just beat the gooseberry out of someone and make it look fuckin hilarious goddammit! where else can you see a man in blue tights beating up a guy in a jockstrap and eyeliner?
ImageImage

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 am

MattOnBass wrote: where else can you see a man in blue tights beating up a guy in a jockstrap and eyeliner?

Saturday night in Brighton?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 am

MattOnBass wrote:oh poo you on technicalities, it's a pretend sport, entertainment sport, whatever, you know exactly what I mean.

just beat the gooseberry out of someone and make it look fuckin hilarious goddammit! where else can you see a man in blue tights beating up a guy in a jockstrap and eyeliner?

Local gaybar? :lol:

I enjoy the WWE, but it is nothing on what is used to be.

DAMMIT LINSLEY!

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 am

8-)
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

MattOnBass

Postby MattOnBass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 am

:lol:

should have said two straight men :doh:
ImageImage

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:34 am

[quote="MattOnBass"where else can you see a man in blue tights beating up a guy in a jockstrap and eyeliner?[/quote]

This sounds like a challenge, mini wrestling match at soni anyone?
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Jasonisback wrote:
MattOnBass wrote:where else can you see a man in blue tights beating up a guy in a jockstrap and eyeliner?

This sounds like a challenge, mini wrestling match at soni anyone?

I'd say yes, but it's make you anxious.

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 am

bagsy bein the one in blue tights lol

think a big shakeup is needed. until his retirement, i was thinking of possibility of edge and christian teaming up again. i miss proper tag teams and a proper midcard based around them and the IC title. Think there are way too many people in WWE at the moment, with no mid-card, just headliners and ones to fill time. merging rosters, or at least making them more fluid with each wrestler having a 'home' show for promotions/tours etc could be a lot better. Opens up doors for more feuds, and more intense ones, as well as opportunities for tag teams to form and for rivalries around them. Less titles would instantly create a mid-card too, because less people will be in title chases, so creative staff can work better storylines to make the other matches worth watching, which often ends up with top stars who don't have titles facing less high profile wrestlers.

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 am

WWE Draft Date | Show
Next Monday

Big Raw Name Goes To Smackdown | Show
John Cena

Big Smackdown Name To Go To Raw? | Show
Rey
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:44 pm

NYMdelaney wrote:bagsy bein the one in blue tights lol

think a big shakeup is needed. until his retirement, i was thinking of possibility of edge and christian teaming up again. i miss proper tag teams and a proper midcard based around them and the IC title. Think there are way too many people in WWE at the moment, with no mid-card, just headliners and ones to fill time. merging rosters, or at least making them more fluid with each wrestler having a 'home' show for promotions/tours etc could be a lot better. Opens up doors for more feuds, and more intense ones, as well as opportunities for tag teams to form and for rivalries around them. Less titles would instantly create a mid-card too, because less people will be in title chases, so creative staff can work better storylines to make the other matches worth watching, which often ends up with top stars who don't have titles facing less high profile wrestlers.

Pretty much no chance of seeing a proper tag division again any time soon, Vince just doesn't see money in tag teams. Perhaps once he retires and Stephanie and Triple H are in charge that will change, but until then it aint gonna happen unfortunately.

Stuzzle

Postby Stuzzle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 am

TheGunman wrote:
Pretty much no chance of seeing a proper tag division again any time soon, Vince just doesn't see money in tag teams.

Aye something which TNA are making use of the market gap for, but when they are poorly executing a lot of things across the board (storylines, repetitive booking, Jeff Hardy at Victory Road etc) this doesn't account for much, which is a shame as TNA could do so much better than they are now I reckon

johnnyb

Postby johnnyb » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 pm

anyone else thinking that it next years wrestlemania is an attempt to do one over on tna or is just me..

seriously looking to go to it next year. quite fancy seeing and with the great one headlining.....i can smeeeeeeelalalalalalalalalalalalow it already :text-givemebeer:
there is no fate but what we make for ourselves

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Can get ringside tickets to Raw in november for £55! I wish i had money!

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Stuzzle wrote:
TheGunman wrote:
Pretty much no chance of seeing a proper tag division again any time soon, Vince just doesn't see money in tag teams.

Aye something which TNA are making use of the market gap for, but when they are poorly executing a lot of things across the board (storylines, repetitive booking, Jeff Hardy at Victory Road etc) this doesn't account for much, which is a shame as TNA could do so much better than they are now I reckon

There were signs that TNA was starting to improve, but then they brought in Hogan & Bischoff and it's been all downhill ever since. Funny thing is, as bad as TNA is I actually find it a bit more bearable than WWE these days. Might start watching RoH again because there's really not much in either of the 2 larger promotions that I'm enjoying right now which is a shame.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I much prefer TNA in every way (not that I particularly watch that either)

some of the storylines are same old same old, and some of the match gimmicks get ridiculous, but at least the matches are worth watching. most wrestlers in TNA are good technical wrestlers, there's no Great Khali or Big Show. hell the majority of WWE wrestlers dont do much variation in their move set, it's the same 3/4 moves every week.
:animals-cow:

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Have you watched TNA recently? Is a massive joke to what it used to be. For their recent pay per view they was giving out tickets on the street for free to fill the empty seats.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 pm

They pretty much always have to do that for their big PPVs because they book larger venues than normal but never come close to filling them, it's like they want to pretend they're bigger than they actually are. PPV itself was ok though (I enjoyed it more than Wrestlemania) but pretty much showed off everything good and everything bad in the company, Angle vs Jarrett and the Lethal Lockdown match were both really good but the world title match was a bit of a joke yet again.

Return to “Sport”