WWE

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
JamieIsOnFire

Re: WWE

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Barett to win Rumble anyone?
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20
Black Stone Cherry October 31

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 am

Think it will be Y2J vs Punk for the title 'best in the world'

I'd narrow it down to 3 guesses for rumble winner. Sheamus, Barrett or Ziggler. All 3 are really impressing and showing that they are ready to rise (or return) to main event matches and storylines.
The way Ziggler dropped the US title to Ryder after a few defeats then being put into a series of matches with Punk suggests that they have plans for him, possibly with a move to Smackdown to keep things fresh.
Barrett has been on a roll and they need to find another target for the 'Barrett Barrage' now that Orton is out of the way.

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Few whispers that Orton will return at the Rumble and win. possible how long was he meant to be out for?
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 am

Estimates were 6 months but he's billed for house shows next month. Apparently the original plan was Orton to win before he got injured (hometown win yet again) so its possible

syxxpackid420`

Postby syxxpackid420` » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:28 am

I would tip Seamus to win, if Orton makes a surprise entrance like Cena did one year he could easily win though. Between Jericho walking out, the Funkasaurus and CM Punk's promo on John Laurinitis, Raw made me lol for the first time in ages.

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

syxxpackid420` wrote:I would tip Seamus to win, if Orton makes a surprise entrance like Cena did one year he could easily win though. Between Jericho walking out, the Funkasaurus and CM Punk's promo on John Laurinitis, Raw made me lol for the first time in ages.

What is it with Y2J this time round??? He seems alot more........... Arrogant??
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Orton due to return to Smackdown next friday, so maybe back to the original plan of him winning the rumble. still trying to work out what is going on with y2j

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm

The Phenom RETURNS :D
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm not sure who I marked out more for, Kharma at the Rumble or 'Taker last night.

That shoulder pat though.... :lol:

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Looking like one of the most boring wresle mania's in recent history this year. Cant see sheamus winning another title. Punk will hold onto the belt til WM and lose to Jericho I can see that coming. Also, this is looking to be Taker's last WM.
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I really want Jericho to beat Punk. (Can't help but think you may disagree :P) It's more likely Jericho will win at EC and Punk regains the title at WrestleMania.

At least WM27 can't be much worse than the Rumble.

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Wrestlemania looks set up to be very special this year.

1 The Rock vs. John Cena Singles match

What can be said about this match. The 2 guys in the match say it all. Its been good to see Cena do something other than have the title or chase the title for the last few months. Really Cena should win because Rock will just go back to hollywood after this match. But Rock could just as easily win this. 2 of the biggest icons of 2 different era's in wrestling facing off.

2 Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Bryan has gotten over somewhat as champion and he comes off as a good heel somehow getting out of title matches and somehow retaining his gold. I reckon Sheamus will win the title here. This could well be the 1st match of the night. Not brilliant but Bryan and Sheamus are both good in the ring.

3 The Undertaker vs. Triple H Hell in a Cell match

Undertaker v HHH III. The 3rd match between these 2 at wrestlemania and its going to be another classic. I dont think it will beat last year's match but its still going to be a great match as Hell In A Cell is invovled. I reckon Undertaker might have one more match next year at wrestlemania where he faces kane then he will retire. That should be the main event next year. I can only see Undertaker winning here. This match wont be main event so i cant see HHH winning. It will be a great match still. I cant see HHH wanting to feed his own ego too much by beating the undertaker.

4 CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho Singles match for the WWE Championship

This match has potential to steal the show. Been looking forward to this match for ages now, both are brilliant in the ring and will prove that come April 1st. Hard to predict this one, could well end up seeing Jericho walk out as wwe champ. The feud will continue after mania i reckon.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 pm

You're forgetting the inevitable Long vs. Laurinitis match for the Raw & SD general manager spot.

Also, I hope Wade isn't out for too long :(

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:You're forgetting the inevitable Long vs. Laurinitis match for the Raw & SD general manager spot.

Also, I hope Wade isn't out for too long :(

Haha i hope that aint on the card. If it is it wont take up too much time i suppose. I want Money In The Bank back on the card. Rumours going around that it might well end up being back on the card.

Yeah wades fall looked horrible yesterday, hope his okay. Cant see him making wrestlemania tho.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:46 pm

It's a definite broken arm from what I gathered. After Jericho at the Chamber, arm injuries seem to be a running trend. No idea about Ziggler, but he seemed to hit the announce table head first.

I was watching it with my dad, and we both cursed at Cody Rhodes when he chucked out Santino, nearly causing him to land on the guys working on Barrett. Stupid idiot.

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Yeah that was poor from Rhodes. I understand they have to work certain spots in the match but he had 3 other sides of the ring to choose! Ziggler is fine, he was just selling the bump like he does so well!

Cant wait for Mania.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Yeah, as far as announce table collisions go, there's been worse...

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm really disappointed with WWE for doing HHH v taker again. was a poor storyline first time round and the build up this year is worse. don't get me wrong, the match last year was great but surely they can do something other than *insert name here* trying to take the streak. The last one with build up as a normal match was Edge at 24, the streak was mentioned but not the whole reason for the match. A match against Undertaker at wrestlemania can be as big a push for someone as a long title reign too. Everyone remembers the matches, a lot of exposure going into it, and even in defeat, Undertaker can make opponents look good. It takes a certain character to carry a storyline with him, but I think Wade Barrett or Randy Orton would do a good job, possibly sheamus or ziggler but not as sure with them.

Rock vs Cena is going to be unpredictable, apart from pretty much guaranteeing a superhuman comeback from cena and both men hitting finishers. This match needs a lot more buildup to make it feel like a true wrestlemania moment. As for them saying it's the biggest, most anticipated mania match ever, may I just say that title will probably never be taken from Hulk Hogan v Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3.

Punk v Jericho is a promising match, again with disappointing story so far. I think WWE are struggling with this one because the fans had worked out their exact plans before Jericho even returned, and they don't want to be seen as that predictable. Having Jericho get the title shot another way would have been better, getting bored of battle royals for the slot with blatantly obvious outcomes. I think Punk will win, as Jericho is recording with Fozzy and planning tours with them so may not stick around too long after Mania.

EDIT:
I know I have knocked WWE a lot in this post for repetitiveness, and lack of decent writing, but parts are being quite well done and some of the matches recently have been good. I really want santino and R Truth to get more air time after their lines lately. They are doing a pretty decent job with daniel bryan too, considering injuries to others changing their plans a couple of times. Think AJ should maybe have been kept out of this storyline, and stop mentioning that he's vegan, we get it. Ziggler has been put on back burner recently with no obvious opponent for mania but after that (and hopefully without vicki) he'll be putting on top notch PPV main events soon

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Good read mate.

I think WWE had to do HHH v Taker again. Cant see who else is around to do the job. If HHH loses it wont hurt him too much at all. I would like to see Cena v Taker or Punk v Taker next year. Make it more unpredictable if its undertakers last match. Next year maybe he will have kane.

Cena should beat Rock but it might be in Rocks contract to win :P

I reckon Jericho does stand a chance in winning. He can easily lose the title in a few ppvs time when he goes back to fozzy in the summer.

I cant wait for wrestlemania. Hope the build up is good.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:28 am

#ThankYouBasedHarper

Also, reading this thread back is fun.