Sport - What Football Team Do You Support

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
hybrid theorist

Re: Sport - What Football Team Do You Support

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon May 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Wasn't that 32000 crowd for sheffield utd their biggest crowd of the season? :lol:
:animals-cow:

Scumface

Postby Scumface » Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:Wasn't that 32000 crowd for sheffield utd their biggest crowd of the season? :lol:

Apparently so :lol: I guess the £5 price tag turned a lot of heads.

Still, 32,000 for a youth game is incredible. There were over 9,000 at Old Trafford for the semi-final which is a good turn out for the FAYC. Hopefully a few more than that tonight!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon May 23, 2011 5:28 pm

I know Leeds got a lot when we won the youth cup against your lot a few years back. Wasn't a full house though!

Scumface

Postby Scumface » Mon May 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Elland road is what? 40k?

I'd be happy if we brought 20,000 down tonight. Disappointed if it's any less.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon May 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Scumface wrote:Elland road is what? 40k?

Give or take, aye. was a good team we had then, the likes of woodgate kewell and harte up against Beckham, Neville etc.

Scumface

Postby Scumface » Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Attendance 24,916 in the end. Not too shabby for a youth game on a Monday night!

Won 4-1. Impressive braces from Will Keane and Ravel Morrison.

Tonight, Gary Neville testimonial. Seeing David Beckham, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt in United shirts one last time. :bow-yellow:

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Tue May 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Can't wait to see Becks back in the shirt :mrgreen: Atleast Giggs will get some playing time (hopefully) ahead of saturday after all this media blow up.

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Not a club team, but other than FC Bayern Munich I support the German National Team. I will be going to the Hoffenheim stadium on Sunday to see the the German's play Uruguay. Should be a good time, especially since I will be catching Iron Maiden the night prior in Frankfurt.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

matt_wfc

Postby matt_wfc » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Watford FC here!

Probably the one & only on this board...

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm

does anyone think Man U will win tomorrow?

I'm just wondering how much of the supposedly home crowd will be supporting them, I know I'd be cheering Barca on if I was there :lol:

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I think Barca will win but hey here's hoping we pull it off :mrgreen: It's all going to be won in the midfield which they're strongest at...

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 am

You're the only Man U fan I've heard/read saying that Barcelona will probably win. The entire media world and the bookies aren't giving them a hope in hell against Barca.

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 am

Black Wizard wrote:You're the only Man U fan I've heard/read saying that Barcelona will probably win. The entire media world and the bookies aren't giving them a hope in hell against Barca.

I'm the only fan saying Barcelona are favourites? I seriously doubt that, although we have a chance most united fans accept this is probably one of the best club sides ever that we are playing against tonight. SAF has said Barca are favourites to which is true hence as you said the bookies and media are backing Barca.

Scumface

Postby Scumface » Sun May 29, 2011 10:52 am

Well, Barca squarely battered us. A feat matched only by Liverpool all season...

If I said I was disappointed following a season where we won a historic Premier League title, while maintaining an FA Cup campaign as far as the semi final and a Champions League campaign to the final, I think I'd have to give myself a slap.

What a ridiculously good season it's been. :D

Barca are ridiculous. Truely an unbelievable side right now, and we just couldn't play them. Fair play.

Having a good chuckle at the amount of City and Liverpool fans who have Barca related Facebook profile pictures today. :lol:

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Sun May 29, 2011 11:29 am

Yeah it's ridiculous, atleast we were in the final. Hell, atleast we were in the Champions league in the first place! :lol:

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Barca are too good, they should be illegal. Difference between the teams is that everytime we went forward I was thinking they'll deal with it, and whenever they went forward I expected them to score, my heart was going like the clappers. Teu're too deadly. What do you reckon, greatest club side in history?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun May 29, 2011 2:21 pm

best team I can ever remember. they've got arguably the three best players in the world in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanstevenson/2011/05/whos_the_greatest.html

this has got most of the other contenders covered. Think 1990s AC Milan is in with a shout, Gullit, and Van Basten, plus Baresi and Maldini at the back (so more solid than Barca)

oh and the 50s/60s Real Madrid team that won the first 5 European Cups. even if the opposition isnt what it was today, that's still staggering, especially considering one bad performance can cost you in knockout football

carrot juice

Postby carrot juice » Sun May 29, 2011 2:41 pm

matt_wfc wrote:Watford FC here!

Probably the one & only on this board...
ktdude wrote:Watford!

Surely with the massive Herts representation there will be more than just me supporting the mighty 'Orns on here?

Maybe you two should get to know each other to build the mighty W**ford alliance on this board :lol:
Matt, she's 2nd page, 8 posts down, why don't you send her a private message!

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun May 29, 2011 3:16 pm

You setting up a Watford dating thread here? ;)
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Sun May 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Oh well, Xavi is 30 odd years old so wont be long until everyone will have a chance :P

Postby 1878 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Scumface wrote:Having a good chuckle at the amount of City and Liverpool fans who have Barca related Facebook profile pictures today. :lol:

I support Everton and I wanted you lot to win last night to p!ss the red sh!te off. Apparently town was full of Barca shirt wearing biffs last night and someone said that the Liverpool shop was selling Barca shirts as well.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun May 29, 2011 9:11 pm

:lol:

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 pm

1878 wrote:
Scumface wrote:Having a good chuckle at the amount of City and Liverpool fans who have Barca related Facebook profile pictures today. :lol:

I support Everton and I wanted you lot to win last night to p!ss the red sh!te off. Apparently town was full of Barca shirt wearing biffs last night and someone said that the Liverpool shop was selling Barca shirts as well.

That's actually worse then the Arsenal fans, they try to adopt Messi as there own for some reason to take digs that he is better than Ronaldo. Quite funny as Messi has no connection with Arsenal, just because Arsenal play a passing game they think they can relate to Barcelona :lol:

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 pm

I unfortunately missed the Champions League final (well it was not unfortunate, because I was at an Iron Maiden concert). From what I heard Barca dominated the game and Man U had no chance. Like I said did not watch it though.

I had a good time at the Germany/Uruguay game in Sinsheim yesterday. Great atmosphere and the Germans won 2:1.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Mon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Well Barca dominated after the first 15 minutes, like the final in 2009 we started well but then just couldn't cope with them.

Return to “Sport”