Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

All things sportified ... football, snail racing, rugby, tennis .. hmmm short skirts :)
The 59 Sound

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

Postby The 59 Sound » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Come On Haye!! :)

Anyone watching it?
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

TheGunman

Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

Postby TheGunman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Haye never stood a chance, he'd been fighting a bunch of useless bums for too long, and that's no way to prepare for a fight like that. Really wish somebody would come along and take the titles off the Klitschkos though, they're just too damn boring to watch.

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 pm

I watched it, really boring match.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

c_mackey

Postby c_mackey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Haye's ability as a Crusierweight is undeniable - speed and power. But he tried to be 'Billy Bigtime' by stepping up to the Heavyweight division with the glitz, heritage and hefty fight purses on offer. But he simply couldn't cut it.

He looked very shoddy last night, no control, wild swinging and looping overhand rights with no accuracy. His lack of real boxing ability was well and truly exposed. Plus all the tripe he was talking for the last couple of years in the lead up got very tiresome - wish Wlad had knocked him out tbh.
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Very glad David Gay lost. I really enjoy watching the Klitschkos, not because of their boxing style because they are just very likable. They rarely talk gooseberry like David Haye.

David talked so much gooseberry before the match, yet he did not bring it. Then after the fight he makes nothing but excuses. Cry me a river and go home Haye. The only thing that would have made it better was if he had been knocked out.

I only watched from the 5th round on because I was at the Big 4 show, but those 7 rounds were clearly for Klitschko even though it was rather boring. David did nothing but fall on the ring.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:42 pm

best comment I saw regarding the fight was:

"I think I deserve a part of Haye's purse, 'cause I ordered the fight in 3D and got closer to Klitschko then he did"

:lol:

was pretty poor never the less, should've tried flooring Klits rather than poncing around
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

c_mackey

Postby c_mackey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:45 pm

x-tempus wrote:best comment I saw regarding the fight was:

"I think I deserve a part of Haye's purse, 'cause I ordered the fight in 3D and got closer to Klitschko then he did"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 pm

x-tempus wrote:was pretty poor never the less, should've tried flooring Klits rather than poncing around

Easier said than done. When guys have tried going toe to toe with Wlad, that's when they've gotten knocked the frakk out, Haye tried to box smart and went the distance which is something of an achievement in itself. When the guy can jab you from the other side of the ring it's always going to be incredibly difficult to get close enough to throw some decent punches. I think Haye had a decent idea in trying to rile him up before the match, hoping that it would lead to Klitschko coming out swinging for him which would at least have given him an opening, but it never really worked out that way unfortunately.

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

The match wernt too boring. Klitschko is such a great fighter
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm

TheGunman wrote:
x-tempus wrote:was pretty poor never the less, should've tried flooring Klits rather than poncing around

Easier said than done. When guys have tried going toe to toe with Wlad, that's when they've gotten knocked the frakk out, Haye tried to box smart and went the distance which is something of an achievement in itself. When the guy can jab you from the other side of the ring it's always going to be incredibly difficult to get close enough to throw some decent punches. I think Haye had a decent idea in trying to rile him up before the match, hoping that it would lead to Klitschko coming out swinging for him which would at least have given him an opening, but it never really worked out that way unfortunately.

whilst I do agree with what you are saying - it does get to a certain point when he must have started thinking "I need to try something else" :roll:

obviously not
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Return to “Sport”