Inception

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
corney91

Inception

Postby corney91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:15 am

Just got back from seeing it - it's incredible, seriously, go see it :D

DevilChrisie

Re: Inception

Postby DevilChrisie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 am

corney91 wrote:Just got back from seeing it - it's incredible, seriously, go see it :D

This

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 am

It serioiusly looks amazing.Christopher Nolan hasn't made a bad film ever,so this shouldn't let me down :D

DevilChrisie

Postby DevilChrisie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 am

A dream, within a dream within a dream and the best bit is when they loose gravity :p Say so more.

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:13 pm

DevilChrisie wrote:A dream, within a dream within a dream and the best bit is when they loose gravity :p Say so more.

Yeah, that's the bit where the main plot gets really good :D
I've just been reading the IMDb forums and there's loads of people claiming it's gooseberry - it's hilarious because they're obviously just trying to be different :P

lock and key

Postby lock and key » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 am

the 'waking up' sequence at the end was awesome. :bow-yellow:

swindonforever

Postby swindonforever » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Excellent film but very overhyped, thought the ending was great. Interesting theories to support he was in a dream when it ended

Catey-Cat

Postby Catey-Cat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I think I must have watched a different film to everyone else. :?

The effects were good, the concept ok, the execution of the concept... meh... I just wasn't pulled into it. But then again, I never understood the obsession with The Matrix either.

Most people seem to think it's an amazing film. :)
Help Keep a Giraffe Alive- Use this FMC code- 1K919104

Image Image

corney91

Postby corney91 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Catey-Cat wrote:I think I must have watched a different film to everyone else. :?

The effects were good, the concept ok, the execution of the concept... meh... I just wasn't pulled into it. But then again, I never understood the obsession with The Matrix either.

Most people seem to think it's an amazing film. :)

I thought they pulled of the concept well, considering it could've got quite complex, I think they made it simple enough to understand but not too simple :) Although, I must admit first time I watched it at the start I just felt like it was Ocean's Eleven with a twist but was really intrigued with the love/sorrow story and then really got into the main plot in the second half :)

Catey-Cat

Postby Catey-Cat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 pm

I didn't think it was a bad film... just was suprised at how much everyone else was raving about it... :lol:
Help Keep a Giraffe Alive- Use this FMC code- 1K919104

Image Image

swindonforever

Postby swindonforever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Catey-Cat wrote:I didn't think it was a bad film... just was suprised at how much everyone else was raving about it... :lol:

My thoughts exactly, very good film but not a classic

Anthonytats

Postby Anthonytats » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:05 pm

It was a very well thought out film.
Very good storyline and plot.
Very good fight scenes (Like the no gravity hallway fight)
Very good CGI (Like the upside down city)

3 KEY Problems that completely lowered the film from "Classic" to "Another summer blockbuster that will dissapear"
They are -

The Ending. Its terrible. It never should have ended on that cliffhanger.
Its basically just to set up for a sequel ¬¬

The Back story. Its also terrible. The story isnt ABOUT Di caprio's relationship with he's wife.
They just used it as an excuse to get him more screen time.

Last thing is the worst. Di Caprio provides ANOTHER TERRIBLE performance.
Along with he's wifes is also not very good.
They are shown up big time by their supporting cast such as Ellen Page who was AMAZING.
I would have LOVED to have seen Liam Neeson as the main because i think he would have been brilliant for that role. :)
GearsCT wrote:You have such a huggable face

fade_to_jack wrote:i love anthony, he is my favourite boardie from sonisphere :bow-yellow:

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 pm

You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question, causes the viewer to think about it so I dunno, maybe the thinking was too hard for you or something :? The back story was deep, emotional and so depressing when you find out WHY his wife died, wasn't just to give Leo 'more screen time' you absolute fool. There was nothing wrong with DiCaprio's acting, Ellen Page (who I saw nothing 'exceptional' from in her performance) and the rest of the cast were good but they didn't upstage Leo.

lock and key wrote:the 'waking up' sequence at the end was awesome. :bow-yellow:

It gave me tingles, I loved it! Such a great movie, I haven't seen a movie that's giving me that much of a buzz in quite a while! It was an incredible film! Great, original concept, amazing casting I'd say (especially on the part of Gordon-Levitt!) The zero gravity was definatly one of the best bits, and the CGI with the bendy world just... wow. I loved the whole idea and how it all pulled together. It totally pulled me in and I was so sad when it finished! WANT MOAR!

I don't wanna say too much because people should go see it but I wanna talk about it so much :lol: defo going to see it again!
Last edited by Mad_Capsule on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Kingshield

Postby Kingshield » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Twas good, doesnt deserve the frakking philisophical are we in a dream matrix bullshit conversation that tends to turn up whenever my mates are talking about it.
There's a split second, just before somthing hits you in the face when everything stops and you think..."frakk"

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Kingshield wrote:Twas good, doesnt deserve the frakking philisophical are we in a dream matrix bullshit conversation that tends to turn up whenever my mates are talking about it.

The thing that fucked me up was that I have those inbetweeny kinda dreams a lot (where you think you wake up because you need to do something like turn a light off, so you imagine it but you're still kinda sleepy so it feels real, then you realise you were just dreaming) and they go on like a continuous loop that feels like ages, and after the movie I was rather stoned and my mind was doing all sorts of funny things like that and it made me think I was in a dream :lol: stupid Inception, I love it!
Sexual Style-Rampant

corney91

Postby corney91 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question, causes the viewer to think about it so I dunno, maybe the thinking was too hard for you or something :? The back story was deep, emotional and so depressing when you find out WHY his wife died, wasn't just to give Leo 'more screen time' you absolute fool. There was nothing wrong with DiCaprio's acting, Ellen Page (who I saw nothing 'exceptional' from in her performance) and the rest of the cast were good but they didn't upstage Leo.

lock and key wrote:the 'waking up' sequence at the end was awesome. :bow-yellow:

It gave me tingles, I loved it! Such a great movie, I haven't seen a movie that's giving me that much of a buzz in quite a while! It was an incredible film! Great, original concept, amazing casting I'd say (especially on the part of Gordon-Levitt!) The zero gravity was definatly one of the best bits, and the CGI with the bendy world just... wow. I loved the whole idea and how it all pulled together. It totally pulled me in and I was so sad when it finished! WANT MOAR!

I don't wanna say too much because people should go see it but I wanna talk about it so much :lol: defo going to see it again!

THIS.
The ending is totally not hinting at a sequel - it's by Christopher Nolan, not Michael Bay :P

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

corney91 wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question, causes the viewer to think about it so I dunno, maybe the thinking was too hard for you or something :? The back story was deep, emotional and so depressing when you find out WHY his wife died, wasn't just to give Leo 'more screen time' you absolute fool. There was nothing wrong with DiCaprio's acting, Ellen Page (who I saw nothing 'exceptional' from in her performance) and the rest of the cast were good but they didn't upstage Leo.

THIS.
The ending is totally not hinting at a sequel - it's by Christopher Nolan, not Michael Bay :P

I never got the sequel vibe, I think that comes from watching too many shite movies :lol: if it does have a sequel it won't be Christopher Nolan (and I don't think I'll go see it). I think the best movies leave you wanting more, they're such a tease :( at the end of Watchmen I had the same 'want moar' feeling but knew if there was more, it'd be shite and I wouldn't wanna see it. Also the bit with his wife reminded me of Battle Royale (the graphic novel not the movie) when you find out how one of the main dude's girlfriend dies, I doubt anyone else knows what I'm on about, but it's a similar 'oh fuck, I just made a huge mistake' sinking feeling, just like in Inception.
Sexual Style-Rampant

jadeylemonadey

Postby jadeylemonadey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Fantastic film :D

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:27 pm

I've never seen a film so adept at tricking you into believing you are thinking when you're not. If you've never questioned reality before, then you're far too comfortable.

It was watchable, but other films have accomplished what it set out to do much better.

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:42 pm

OneZeroOneUK wrote:I've never seen a film so adept at tricking you into believing you are thinking when you're not. If you've never questioned reality before, then you're far too comfortable.

It was watchable, but other films have accomplished what it set out to do much better.

Like what, eh? I'm not being rude I'm genuinly interested :P
Sexual Style-Rampant

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm just gonna wait till it comes out on DVD :)
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:50 pm

I've still not seen this and I really want to! My mate said it's one of the best films he's ever seen so I've got high expectations :)

Foblin

Postby Foblin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 pm

I finally got see Inception last night :D

I thought it was a really good film. Lots of action, good story, plenty of depth to it.

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 am

It was a good film and I thoroughly enjoyed it... but it wouldn't be one of my favourite films ever.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Finally watched it today, it was alright not as good as I was expecting though.

Return to “Film and Television”