Inception

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
User avatar
Ashes Of The Wake
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Inception

Postby Ashes Of The Wake » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:22 pm

This film is good? Have a word! Its sh*t.
Image

User avatar
redpiggy
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Inception

Postby redpiggy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Anthonytats wrote:3 KEY Problems that completely lowered the film from "Classic" to "Another summer blockbuster that will dissapear"
They are -

The Ending. Its terrible. It never should have ended on that cliffhanger.
Its basically just to set up for a sequel ¬¬

Mad_Capsule wrote:You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question

Actually.... If you think about it there is no cliff hanger or leaving a question.
SPOILER ALERT
In a dream it would spin forever right? Which means it would spin perfectly, as if it started to wobble it's topple proving it's reality... It wobbles, which means it would fall over, therefore not a dream. Also whether or not they meant it, he saw his childrens faces which he'd never been able to do in the dreams, so I took that to back it up too.
If you see what I mean :)
Good film though, even if my boyfriend (into programming) managed to spot a slight flaw!

User avatar
corney91
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Inception

Postby corney91 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:40 am

redpiggy wrote:
Anthonytats wrote:3 KEY Problems that completely lowered the film from "Classic" to "Another summer blockbuster that will dissapear"
They are -

The Ending. Its terrible. It never should have ended on that cliffhanger.
Its basically just to set up for a sequel ¬¬

Mad_Capsule wrote:You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question

Actually.... If you think about it there is no cliff hanger or leaving a question.
SPOILER ALERT
In a dream it would spin forever right? Which means it would spin perfectly, as if it started to wobble it's topple proving it's reality... It wobbles, which means it would fall over, therefore not a dream. Also whether or not they meant it, he saw his childrens faces which he'd never been able to do in the dreams, so I took that to back it up too.
If you see what I mean :)
Good film though, even if my boyfriend (into programming) managed to spot a slight flaw!


MOAR SPOILER
But was the top actually his totem?
| Show
He wears a wedding ring in the dream scenes but not reality... :o


What was the flaw? :)
Image

User avatar
redpiggy
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Inception

Postby redpiggy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 pm

corney91 wrote:
redpiggy wrote:
Anthonytats wrote:3 KEY Problems that completely lowered the film from "Classic" to "Another summer blockbuster that will dissapear"
They are -

The Ending. Its terrible. It never should have ended on that cliffhanger.
Its basically just to set up for a sequel ¬¬

Mad_Capsule wrote:You are wrong on so many levels. The ending was amazing and left a question

Actually.... If you think about it there is no cliff hanger or leaving a question.
SPOILER ALERT
In a dream it would spin forever right? Which means it would spin perfectly, as if it started to wobble it's topple proving it's reality... It wobbles, which means it would fall over, therefore not a dream. Also whether or not they meant it, he saw his childrens faces which he'd never been able to do in the dreams, so I took that to back it up too.
If you see what I mean :)
Good film though, even if my boyfriend (into programming) managed to spot a slight flaw!


MOAR SPOILER
But was the top actually his totem?
| Show
He wears a wedding ring in the dream scenes but not reality... :o


What was the flaw? :)


There's loads of stuff I could say about this film but it becomes really twisted and is hard to explain in writing, but this is the best I can do right now :P

| Show
He uses the spinning top throughout the film and has felt it's weight and knows how it spins, so even if it's not his totem it can effectively act as his, unless somehow his dead wife is tricking him with it, because she is the only other person who can know how it spins. Also in regards to his ring, he wears it in his dream because in his dream his wife still exists. Granted I never really payed attention to the ring throughout the film, to be honest I was more concerned about the fact that when we see the flashback of his wife commiting suicide (where she is on the other buildings balcony in what is supposedly the real world), it is different to the dream section where the girl finds him dreaming about his wife, and he specifically says it's his memories, which tells me that his wife was in the room with him not on the other balcony. In other words, I became concerned that he might have actually killed his wife all along.

The flaw he found was something to do with when they ended up in Limbo towards the end, where going by the rules of the dream they should have never ended up there at all. Also when the guy they were trying to perform Inception on woke up from Limbo he shouldn't have woken up in his 3rd level of dreaming because he had already died there, he should have woken up into his 2nd level of dreaming in the hotel.


Though I did still really like the film.


Return to “Film and Television”