Dr Who

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
Fade

Re: Dr Who

Postby Fade » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:30 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:But wasn't the whole thing brought out of Amy's memories? So if Amy dies, they all cease to be. Then nothing could have killed Amy, so she'll be back alive. I think...

And not really to spoil it, but the Byzantine happened after this according to Dr Sung, and there's still the picnic to be had (can't remember the location). I'm just glad these German internet points don't block torrents :D

It was created from her memories, but the Autons will still exist after she dies... Plus as we have found, time can be re-written *makes dodgy circle gestures with fingers* :P

I'm doing a 180Km Tour Ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity, please click here ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Fade ) for more details!

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Fade wrote:
AbsintheChris wrote:But wasn't the whole thing brought out of Amy's memories? So if Amy dies, they all cease to be. Then nothing could have killed Amy, so she'll be back alive. I think...

And not really to spoil it, but the Byzantine happened after this according to Dr Sung, and there's still the picnic to be had (can't remember the location). I'm just glad these German internet points don't block torrents :D

It was created from her memories, but the Autons will still exist after she dies... Plus as we have found, time can be re-written *makes dodgy circle gestures with fingers* :P

As long as its not a dodgy ass-pull I don't care how it wraps up. Take it everyone else has realised Saturday is the 26th?

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:
Fade wrote:

As long as its not a dodgy ass-pull I don't care how it wraps up. Take it everyone else has realised Saturday is the 26th?

Whats important about the 26th?
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Fade

Postby Fade » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 pm

It's the date the Dr found as the origin point of the cracks, plus it will also be the first episode I'm gonna miss :o

I'm doing a 180Km Tour Ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity, please click here ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Fade ) for more details!

corney91

Postby corney91 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Fade wrote:It's the date the Dr found as the origin point of the cracks, plus it will also be the first episode I'm gonna miss :o

Well you're not going to be able to catch up - the universe is going to end on that date :shock:

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:Whats important about the 26th?

Should have been Amy's wedding day.

As just said, is the day everything goes pop.

The date Dr Sung landed at Amy's house (hence the Drs insintance she time-jumps to anywhen (just made that up) else.

And its the day of the next episode.

Well played Dr Who writers, well played!

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:48 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:Whats important about the 26th?

Should have been Amy's wedding day.

As just said, is the day everything goes pop.

The date Dr Sung landed at Amy's house (hence the Drs insintance she time-jumps to anywhen (just made that up) else.

And its the day of the next episode.

haha yeah, I noticed that at the time I watched it but for some reason that went right over my head :lol:
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:51 pm

There's not much that normally escapes me. For instance, during the Silence In The Library episode from about two years ago, when we first meet Dr Sung and she's reading out the things they'll do together, one of them was the Crash of the Byzantine. Props where props are due.

Fade

Postby Fade » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:52 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:

I have to say it's nice to have a season finale that seems to integrate itself through the series properly, more than just a bit of graffiti every other episode...

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 pm

dude I didnt think of that, good thinking

that makes sense, the actress wasnt due to leave... ah dr who messing with my head, thinking about time and time travel and time cycle HURTS

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Piestar wrote:dude I didnt think of that, good thinking

that makes sense, the actress wasnt due to leave... ah dr who messing with my head, thinking about time and time travel and time cycle HURTS

Its not really a cycle, more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff...

corney91

Postby corney91 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:50 pm

AbsintheChris wrote:
Piestar wrote:dude I didnt think of that, good thinking

Its not really a cycle, more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff...

Damn, you beat me to it - that's the first thing that came into my head when I read that :lol:
Lol, "came in my head"...

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 pm

weak, dude, weak. bit too much of a stretch for that innuendo there

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Not really, just means he offered someone some happy happy face-fun time

I am quite disturbed I made that mental connection, I've been hanging round here too long

corney91

Postby corney91 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 am

Piestar wrote:weak, dude, weak. bit too much of a stretch for that innuendo there

The mouth is located in the head. That's all I'm saying ;)

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 am

I'm even more confused now - hopefully tomorrow's episode will answer the questions everyone has
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Well I loved that.

Quote from The making show on BBC3

Next series we find out WHAT the silence IS and who is river

Feel free to change WHAT and IS to WHO and ARE as just before that he said something while makes me think the silence are a being of some kind.

Still loved the episode. Just Doctor Who all over. Matt Smith was just brilliant. One of the best people to follow David Tennant.
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

Frog_Princess

Postby Frog_Princess » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm

I loved it too. Matt Smith has been superb and I hope the people who were whining and saying he could never follow David Tennant are now eating their words (doubt it!). I knew he'd be good (and I'm a massive DT fan) :mrgreen:

I've really enjoyed this series, the last 2 episodes have been brilliant and what Dr Who is all about. Steven Moffat = genius. I love him so much :mrgreen:
:animals-cow: 1k951689 :animals-cow:

Matt7626

Postby Matt7626 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:04 pm

I enjoyed that :)

Confused me for quite alot of it, and cringed during hear wedding a bit :P

Time to say goodbye was brillaint

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Holy gooseberry that was awesome...I must admit whilst the episode had much less action, it definitely finished the series off nicely...rounded off the series nicely, can't wait till the next one :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Fade

Postby Fade » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:15 am

I don't know any other words than awesome for that!

I genuinely though they were gonna permanently end the series at some points during that! (gullible I know!)

I just want more :cry:

I think that has blown all of the previous season finales out of the water!

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 pm

at first I thought the doctor was butt ugly but I'm becoming more and more attracted to him with every episode.

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Piestar wrote:at first I thought the doctor was butt ugly but I'm becoming more and more attracted to him with every episode.

Piestar and Doctor, sitting in a tree....

Ok, I'm a little tipsy and hyped for the match, I'll try and behave now.

Thought the finale was good, couple of things that got me though.

1: Where did the TARDIS materialise with the wall outside?
2: After being shot, surely the regeneration process would have kicked in whether he wanted it or not.
3: I know its supposed to be a whole new Who but it would have been nice for some flashbacks to previous adventures.

However, I'm ashamed to say I didn't pick up on the "The TARDIS is old, but new. And I stole it, well borrowed it really" till Amy started saying the proper version.

So if the cracks are healed, does that mean the Angels, etc are back?

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:58 pm

I much prefer tennant, he is a total sexpot <3

I bloody well hope not, I hate the angels

AbsintheChris

Postby AbsintheChris » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I hated the original Angels in a good way, one of the few things that set my freaky sense off.

But the second they started moving on camera and betraying their MO (don't break his neck, send him back in time and live off the energy) they lost their power :(

Return to “Film and Television”