Dr Who

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
corney91

Dr Who

Postby corney91 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Anyone know when it's back on?

triaxis

Re: Dr Who

Postby triaxis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:27 pm

No idea

I need to catch up - haven't watched the series with Donna Noble in yet. Might hit that once I've finished watching the first series of Torchwood
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Fade

Postby Fade » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Not this year :-(

I've managed to ignore/miss on purpose all announcements about who the new Dr is...Am I alone in wanting to find out at the time?

I'm doing a 180Km Tour Ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity, please click here ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Fade ) for more details!

corney91

Postby corney91 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Fade wrote:I've managed to ignore/miss on purpose all announcements about who the new Dr is...Am I alone in wanting to find out at the time?

Well I know what he looks like and his name but nothing else (ie if he's any good :P) but I kinda wished I did wait for the episode, although it'll be ages 'til it's on =/ Good luck avoiding further info :D

Martii

Postby Martii » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Easter special i thought

-_- i have a wierd crush on david tennant..he's not that good looking...but..theres just something about him...

Fade

Postby Fade » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Martii wrote:Easter special i thought

Probably, There are 3 more specials in the pipline before the new series, but an actual series won't be on this year :(

I'm doing a 180Km Tour Ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity, please click here ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Fade ) for more details!

Deadmetal

Postby Deadmetal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Last i heard is that is was going to be a 4 part special, at around easter maybe june, to swap Tenant for the new guy, then the main new series in 2010.

scfc_dude06

Postby scfc_dude06 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 am

-_- i have a wierd crush on david tennant..he's not that good looking...but..theres just something about him...

ur not alone he is the most beautiful man ive ever seen lol

michael

Postby michael » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Deadmetal wrote:

Last i heard is that is was going to be a 4 part special, at around easter maybe june, to swap Tenant for the new guy, then the main new series in 2010.

i heared it was 4 specials
next one titled waters of mars i now think that will be august september time

think david tennants swansong is gonna be a two parter arround christmas time but dont hold me to that
Please use my code:1k910085

line-6

Postby line-6 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

They were recording the Christmas special down the road from me the other day, quite funny really seeing them all in big heavy coats in the town all decorated out with Crimbo spangelies when the temp was 22 degs!!

corney91

Postby corney91 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

line-6 wrote:They were recording the Christmas special down the road from me the other day, quite funny really seeing them all in big heavy coats in the town all decorated out with Crimbo spangelies when the temp was 22 degs!!

:lol:
Ooh, you've got me excited :D

SoullessToaster

Postby SoullessToaster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 pm

basically- The next one is around october time. Waters of Mars.

Then there will be a 2 parter around xmas.

and then the new series starts in/around march 2010 with the new doctor.

corney91

Postby corney91 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 pm

SoullessToaster wrote:basically- The next one is around october time. Waters of Mars.

Then there will be a 2 parter around xmas.

and then the new series starts in/around march 2010 with the new doctor.

I reckon one of the specials will have Captain Jack in... Fingers crossed :pray:
:D

SoullessToaster

Postby SoullessToaster » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 pm

quite possibly, yeah

Fade

Postby Fade » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Bestest Xmas special ever! (Well frakk it, I loved it!)

I managed to avoid all news reports/dr who confidentials/internet sites that mentioned anything about the plot/new doctor, so it still came as a surprise... Totally worth it!

'Tis looking like it will take a much darker direction which should be interesting...

/Geek

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am

Fade wrote:Bestest Xmas special ever! (Well frakk it, I loved it!)

I managed to avoid all news reports/dr who confidentials/internet sites that mentioned anything about the plot/new doctor, so it still came as a surprise... Totally worth it!

'Tis looking like it will take a much darker direction which should be interesting...

/Geek

You mean New Year special ;)
It was epic. Epic. EPIC! :D
Although a little too complex for a Dr Who for my liking - if I want to think about complicated plots, I'd watch Heroes instead :P
I like the look of the new doctor, just as long as he doesn't try to copy David Tennant in any way - the teaser bit at the end showed good things of him and plots - I thought I saw the angels from Blink :o

Fade

Postby Fade » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 am

I don't know, I do like multi threaded stories, Dr Who has always had quite complex stories, back in the day they had story lines that ran over 6 stories (The key to time stuff, 26 episodes!)

The new series does look like it's going down a darker route and with Moffat writing I'm really looking forward to it! When they use Vampires with actual teeth instead of straws :P I saw them too did you notice the Weaping Angels were also referenced in the show?

Spoiler for anyone that hasn't seen it :P

I really would have liked the Time Lords to have returned, would have added some more depth to the universe which was starting to stretch a bit thin (when it was just Daleks or Cybermen...)

Fantastic end... He will knock 4 times :o

Who was the objecting female Time Lord though? Intriguing...

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 am

I loved it, Still a few questions to be answered but nevermind

I can see the word 'Jaronamo' being the new doctors catchphrase. but i dont think he looks to bad, just going to have to wait till spring

David tennant was a bloody good doctor tho and he will be missed
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Fade wrote:I don't know, I do like multi threaded stories, Dr Who has always had quite complex stories, back in the day they had story lines that ran over 6 stories (The key to time stuff, 26 episodes!)

I like recurring themes like they had "Bad Wolf" but this story had so many different parallel plots in just two episodes that it was like it was all squashed up to fit it all in - don't get me wrong, I just don't think I was in a mood to concentrate at the time :P
Fade wrote:The new series does look like it's going down a darker route and with Moffat writing I'm really looking forward to it! When they use Vampires with actual teeth instead of straws :P I saw them too did you notice the Weaping Angels were also referenced in the show?

Yup :D Everyone's talking about this "darker route" that it'll take - I can't wait :D
Fade wrote:I really would have liked the Time Lords to have returned, would have added some more depth to the universe which was starting to stretch a bit thin (when it was just Daleks or Cybermen...)

I think that's what made me feel it was all squashed in... the Time Lords appeared then disappeared too quickly... :?
Fade wrote:Who was the objecting female Time Lord though? Intriguing...

I guessed the Doctor's mum :D
Jasonisback wrote:I can see the word 'Jaronamo' being the new doctors catchphrase. but i dont think he looks to bad, just going to have to wait till spring

Yeah, I reckon it'll make a good catchphrase for a younger doctor :)
Jasonisback wrote:David tennant was a bloody good doctor tho and he will be missed

True dat. :D

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:17 pm

David Tennant owned that role - Matt Smith is going to have a mountain to climb, but the shots for the new series look encouraging

:)
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Fade

Postby Fade » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:02 pm

corney91 wrote:

I was thinking that, but it could be any of about 4/5 different people... Susan or Romana (if you want to go oldschool!), Donna, the Doctor's daughter or his mum... I assumed it was Donna tbh :P

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Fade wrote:
corney91 wrote:

I was thinking that, but it could be any of about 4/5 different people... Susan or Romana (if you want to go oldschool!), Donna, the Doctor's daughter or his mum... I assumed it was Donna tbh :P

How could it be donna
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

corney91

Postby corney91 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Jasonisback wrote:
Fade wrote:
corney91 wrote:I guessed the Doctor's mum :D

How could it be donna

"Doctor Donna" is a possibility but I doubt it to be honest... :?
We might find out in this series because it looks like the Weeping Angels are back and she was likened to them... I can't wait to see! :D

Fade

Postby Fade » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:58 pm

It's a possibility and when he was asked who she was by Wilf he just looked over at Donna...

Also when you talk time travel anything is possible, especially if you have a clever writer :P

corney91

Postby corney91 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Fade wrote:It's a possibility and when he was asked who she was by Wilf he just looked over at Donna...

Apparently, in one of the reviews (I think it was The Times) the reviewer assumed it was his mum... :shock:
Fade wrote:Also when you talk time travel anything is possible, especially if you have a clever writer :P

Yup, in John Barrowman's book he claims Russell T Davis is so clever he could even bring Ianto back :o

Return to “Film and Television”