What you watching?

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
hybrid theorist

Re: What you watching?

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Stopped Breaking Bad for now, nearly finished series 1 of Community. It's amazing
:animals-cow:

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Cbeebies. Im so rock and roll! :music-headbanger:
Image Image

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:01 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:Stopped Breaking Bad for now, nearly finished series 1 of Community. It's amazing

Here's a tip: watch seasons 1 & 2 then stop. You'll thank yourself.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 am

Up to Season 8 of The X-Files now but alot of my free time is being sunk into gaming at the moment. After that I need to finish Sopranos and the latest season of Spartacus
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Watched Network last night after hearing the "mad as hell" speech sampled in a Maybeshewill song. Incredible movie, definitely deserved the awards it got.

Also going back and watching Misfits, Father Ted and Peep Show in full during my free time (AKA now I'm done with Game of Thrones). Brooklyn Nine-Nine is good too.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Xale

Postby Xale » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the start after I had to watch some episodes for uni. I swear it was good when I was younger :(

Stiv

Postby Stiv » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Top Gear special was as silly as I expected. Arrow is good fun. Working my way through Mythbusters on Netflix and will give Grimm a go soon.

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Watching Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle and it is as always absolutely fantastic. I can't think of any other show that has me laughing out loud so much even when I'm on my own than this. The guy is an absolute master of his craft.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:33 pm

CherryInHove wrote:Watching Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle and it is as always absolutely fantastic. I can't think of any other show that has me laughing out loud so much even when I'm on my own than this. The guy is an absolute master of his craft.

Great to see Chris Morris back on telly, too. Like eating a really amazing cake, with really amazing icing, which you've really been looking forward too, and then as you start eating, Chris Morris comes into the room to make withering comments about the whole process.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 pm

mrpaul wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:Stopped Breaking Bad for now, nearly finished series 1 of Community. It's amazing

really? it turns that bad? :(
:animals-cow:

zebby

Postby zebby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 am

Just finished season 1 of house of cards. Kevin spacey was Kevin spacey but with an accent.
First 10 eps were quite good, but the last three were a bit contrived as they tried to tie it up. Last two especially seemed to have been handed over to the junior script writer. .. a completely different tone to the dialogue from the rest of the series, with very little of the slickness that made it watchable at the start.
Compelled me to watch it all, tho. I have season 2 ready to go, maybe next week.
First 10 would score 7, perhaps 7.5. Overall, 6 maybe 6.5 if im generous.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:41 am

I felt like House of Cards started to crumble about four episodes in. The first few were terrific - really fast moving, funny, twisted, and clever. Then it just started to get worse and worse. Crucially, I think they've forgotten to include any meaningful opponent for Frank. It was fun at first, watching him sabotage his own party with total efficiency, but seeing him come out on top with relative ease over and over again got tiring quite quickly.

Thought there was a thread of promise when Peter found his feet, and I liked the idea of him being Frank's Golem - someone he ressurects and sets to work on his behalf, only to find he can't control him and that Peter had the power to destroy him. But the route they took was much less satisfying, IMO. By the end of the first series, I was rolling my eyes at the whole thing and couldn't care less. The more ruthless and gangster-like Frank gets, the less interesting he is. I liked it when he was all "I could destroy you... but actually I'm going to help you win" with the dude in his old district. That was pure Lyndon Johnson, and much more astute and interesting than just making him a cut-price Tony Soprano.

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

I am currently on Season 6 of Supernatural, and I am up to date on Agents of Shield, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, True Blood, The Original and Vampire Diaries. I've watched a ridiculous amount of tv in the last year.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:07 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
mrpaul wrote:

really? it turns that bad? :(

I trudged through Season 3, and watched the first episode of Season 4 and decided not to torture myself further. Apparently it picked up a bit halfway through that season so it may be worth sticking with, and now Dan Harmon's back it will hopefully return to former glory.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

diggerboot

Postby diggerboot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Xale wrote:I'm watching Firefly. I'm late to the party but it's pretty incredible :romance-inlove:

Was a gooseberrying travesty that it got canned and they had to squeeze the rest of the stories/character developments into the film .

been watching 3rd Series of Grimm definitely picking up nicely after a pretty predictable start, I'm definitely warming to this programme the characters are strong (on the whole) and while some of the episodes are a bit obvious every now and again you get some nice twists.
Still watching Castle, even if its got a bit lovee dovee, nice mixture of light amusement and grit. Apart from that not a lot on though Brooklyn Nine Nine is quite good. Ah the Tomorrow People (although it bears bugger all similarity to the original) although "glossy" I've found quite entertaining.

Can anyone tell me whether Agents of SHIELD improved at all after the first 3/4 episodes ...I thought it was AWFUL!

Spiritinthesky

Postby Spiritinthesky » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 pm

True Detective - best thing I've seen in ages.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:46 pm

I haven't watched Agents of Shield but my colleague does and he loves his comics, apparently is still just as gash as ever. Apparently the TV series was given the go ahead and then the halter was applied and they were not allowed to progress the story of shield because of the events of Cap 2.

Cap 2 Spoiler | Show
The fact that shield is shut down at the end of Cap 2 has left the series with not very much direction to travel in
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

Return to “Film and Television”