Phoenix Nights Movie planned

Ummm yeah Film and TV chat here please people :)
metalicbear

Phoenix Nights Movie planned

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Peter Kay has unveiled plans for a Phoenix Nights movie.

Speaking on Real Radio, the comedian said that he has already written the script for a film adaptation of the popular Channel 4 sitcom.

The 38-year-old also revealed that he has been approached by producers, apparently spurred on by the success of The Inbetweeners Movie.

"It's written, I've written it. It's done. They've even asked me, with this Inbetweeners film, if you want to make a film of it," he declared.

However, Kay conceded that assembling the cast for the project would be hard, saying: "The biggest problem is getting everyone together."

Regarding his script, the star insisted that it would live up to any potential hype, adding: "This is funny... the fact that we've got Brian Potter in a wheelchair, and he's in a garage and a truck pulls up and he accidently gets caught in the grill and he goes about 400 miles on the front of a truck up the motorway!"
FMC Code - 1k949287

McMenemy

Re: Phoenix Nights Movie planned

Postby McMenemy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm

First the Inbetweeners, and now another overrated TV show being taken to the cinema. Great :S

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Thing is Inbetweeners had the popularity to get it to the cinema as a one of thing and was having a really good run on tv.

Phoenix Nights hasn't been on TV for years
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm

I have mixed feelings about this, if Peter Kay can go back to being a good Brian Potter and if he still has some good story ideas it could be great. Or it could be a big indulgence for people who have got a lot bigger since the original series, and it'll be awful.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:18 pm

last I saw of Brian Potter was when I went to see Queen and Paul Rodgers at Hyde Park. Peter Kay came on stage as brian potter in the chair and did a little comedy set, including a few songs, like wind beneath my wheels, you'll never roll alone and roll this way.
Not sure how a film of phoenix nights would turn out. Think it would just feel like an episode which has been dragged out way too long

Return to “Film and Television”