The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

For all your XBOX, Wii, PS, console chat :)
Monstar111

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Postby Monstar111 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 pm

My bad XD XD was just saying XD

I would have to agree for Elder Scrolls 4 to come out years ago it is probably one of the better games Ive owned.. (brother sold it last year or something like that...) but this one wont be sold for sure :D I know that this is the game you can just leave for weeks and then come back and be straight back into it. Sweet ass games!

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I really liked Morrowind but never really managed to get into Oblivion so not sure if I'll bother with Skyrim or not. It certainly looks great, and the trailer and most of what I've read about it almost has me convinced. One thing I'm not too keen on is that it sounds like they've really simplified the stats/levelling up system, but it might not be as bad as I imagine.

Monstar111

Postby Monstar111 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:56 pm

I think what Ill do is get oblivion again you know get back into it and then keep an eye on the updates on skyrim.
I wasnt to sure about the stats leveling in oblivion but saying that I never really understood the game a whole lot as I never thought it was my sort of game but it did have some pretty awesome moments..

I remember when getting Oblivion I was trying to figure the game out found a dungeon and I swear to god something from the game shouted my name out.. XDXD Maybe they will make Skyrim awesome and personalised like that too ;) ;) :D lol

DakeyrasUK

Postby DakeyrasUK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 am

TheGunman wrote:I really liked Morrowind but never really managed to get into Oblivion so not sure if I'll bother with Skyrim or not. It certainly looks great, and the trailer and most of what I've read about it almost has me convinced. One thing I'm not too keen on is that it sounds like they've really simplified the stats/levelling up system, but it might not be as bad as I imagine.

I'm a little worried too after reading that article! Sounds absolutely epic - I'm just not convinced by the massive reduction in stats. To me it sounds like it's being dumbed down for mass appeal. If thats the case I'll get bored with it as I love the challenge from prior elder scrolls games of being a powerful mage or assasin etc.

Then again the article did say the game was every RPG fans dream come true...
Yo! Stop that grinning and drop your linning!

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 am

DakeyrasUK wrote:
TheGunman wrote:I really liked Morrowind but never really managed to get into Oblivion so not sure if I'll bother with Skyrim or not. It certainly looks great, and the trailer and most of what I've read about it almost has me convinced. One thing I'm not too keen on is that it sounds like they've really simplified the stats/levelling up system, but it might not be as bad as I imagine.

I'm a little worried too after reading that article! Sounds absolutely epic - I'm just not convinced by the massive reduction in stats. To me it sounds like it's being dumbed down for mass appeal. If thats the case I'll get bored with it as I love the challenge from prior elder scrolls games of being a powerful mage or assasin etc.

Yea I really hope they dont dumb it down too much, I heard they did a bit for oblivion, Im not a huge RPG player, but oblivion was fine for me. It wasnt too simple and wasnt too complex, anything less than that and it might be a bit dissapointing. Why did they get rid of all the star signs and all that? :(

but gunman (I dont know your real name... :? ) I think you should get it because it is going to be the greatest game ever. That is all.

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:16 pm

DakeyrasUK wrote:
CKY666 wrote:nah Batman AA was also released in 3D, would have loved to play that. That game is amazing though.

Ah, but that isn't using 3-d tv technology, it uses the crappy red and blue glasses - so it ends up with poor overall colour (although one doesn't therefore need a 3d tv). Black ops uses stereoscopic 3d like 3d blurays.

lol this is so true - the red and blue glasses really dont work that well
i like the 3d you get in imax cinemas (you still wear glasses but they look like shades rather than blue/red) dont know how it works but its cool.
i havent seen a 3d tv yet so i dont know how good that looks, but ive seen a nintendo 3ds and that looks alright

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:11 pm

CKY666 wrote:
DakeyrasUK wrote:

Yea I really hope they dont dumb it down too much, I heard they did a bit for oblivion, Im not a huge RPG player, but oblivion was fine for me. It wasnt too simple and wasnt too complex, anything less than that and it might be a bit dissapointing. Why did they get rid of all the star signs and all that? :(

but gunman (I dont know your real name... :? ) I think you should get it because it is going to be the greatest game ever. That is all.

Yeah they did dumb it down a little for Oblivion in order to appeal to console gamers I think, if the changes end up like the system in Fallout 3 then I can probably with it though.

And Half-Life 3 will be the greatest game ever, whenever Valve finally get off their ass and make it.

I'd tell you my real name, but then I'd have to kill you ;) Just kidding, but pretty much everyone calls me Gunman in real life, I've even got very close friends who have no idea what my first name is :lol:

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:39 pm

TheGunman wrote:Yeah they did dumb it down a little for Oblivion in order to appeal to console gamers I think, if the changes end up like the system in Fallout 3 then I can probably with it though.

And Half-Life 3 will be the greatest game ever, whenever Valve finally get off their ass and make it.

I'd tell you my real name, but then I'd have to kill you ;) Just kidding, but pretty much everyone calls me Gunman in real life, I've even got very close friends who have no idea what my first name is :lol:

Actually playing through New Vegas atm, first fallout I have ever played, pretty good fun. The leveling and everything is pretty simple, fine with me though, I just have to kill things and get better :D

Not going to lie, I have never played a Half-Life game....there, I said it.. :oops:

Oh I see, the mysterious type are we? ;) Fine I will call you Gunman...or Pablo-Miguel, just a heads up.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

CKY666 wrote:
TheGunman wrote:Yeah they did dumb it down a little for Oblivion in order to appeal to console gamers I think, if the changes end up like the system in Fallout 3 then I can probably with it though.

Actually playing through New Vegas atm, first fallout I have ever played, pretty good fun. The leveling and everything is pretty simple, fine with me though, I just have to kill things and get better :D

Not going to lie, I have never played a Half-Life game....there, I said it.. :oops:

Oh I see, the mysterious type are we? ;) Fine I will call you Gunman...or Pablo-Miguel, just a heads up.

Pablo-Miguel? Well in that case my real name is... wait a minute I see what you're trying to do ;)

I absolutely love Half-Life for being an FPS where you occassionally have to think about things instead of just charging in guns blazing. Not sure how the first one would hold up now for somebody playing it for the first time, but Half-Life 2 is probably still worth a go.

Played New Vegas a bit too much when I got it and I got a little bored of it by the time I reached the outskirts of Vegas. Not played it in a few months though, so I might go back and finish it cos it is a really fun game.

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Dont be rediculous Pablo-Miguel, Im not trying to do anything :roll:

Ooops just wend downstairs and realised I left the xbox on since last night.... :oops:
It was on New Vegas actually, yea I still havent completed it, 50 hours and im kinda getting bored... I think Im trying to do too many side quests.

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Left the x-box on all night? Somebody's gonna get the red rings of death! :lol:

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

naaaahhh its all good so far. 8-)

Although I did already get it, or something else (it broke basically) sent it off and they sent back another one within a week or 2, awsome service. This was after haing it for about 3 years though.

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 am

CKY666 wrote:Not going to lie, I have never played a Half-Life game....there, I said it.. :oops:

same here :P wait, does portal count?? ;)

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

DakeyrasUK

Postby DakeyrasUK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 am

darth moo wrote:
DakeyrasUK wrote:
CKY666 wrote:nah Batman AA was also released in 3D, would have loved to play that. That game is amazing though.

Ah, but that isn't using 3-d tv technology, it uses the crappy red and blue glasses - so it ends up with poor overall colour (although one doesn't therefore need a 3d tv). Black ops uses stereoscopic 3d like 3d blurays.

lol this is so true - the red and blue glasses really dont work that well
i like the 3d you get in imax cinemas (you still wear glasses but they look like shades rather than blue/red) dont know how it works but its cool.
i havent seen a 3d tv yet so i dont know how good that looks, but ive seen a nintendo 3ds and that looks alright

the 3d in cinemas works by the glasses having polarising lenses at right angles to each other. Special projectors project both images polarised in line with the lenses. Therefore each eye only sees the image that lense lets through, your brain does the rest.

3d tvs create the exact same effect, however the screen size is much smaller (field of view that it takes up) therefore it isn't great at making things pop out of the screen. The effect is more that the screen of the tv is a window that you are looking through. I just watched tron legacy on my tv and was very impressed with the depth created in the scene with Clu's army near the end (should you have seen the film).

DakeyrasUK

Postby DakeyrasUK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 am

darth moo wrote:
CKY666 wrote:Not going to lie, I have never played a Half-Life game....there, I said it.. :oops:

same here :P wait, does portal count?? ;)

WHAT? :shock:

Half life 1 was awesome, never played no. 2.

Time for my confession... i have never played a Fallout game.

And yes, I know it's a crime!

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 am

DakeyrasUK wrote:the 3d in cinemas works by the glasses having polarising lenses at right angles to each other. Special projectors project both images polarised in line with the lenses. Therefore each eye only sees the image that lense lets through, your brain does the rest.

cool thanks for explaining, i thought it was something like this cos the glasses reminded me of the polarising lenses (or whatever they're called) from physics lessons :lol:

DakeyrasUK wrote:Time for my confession... i have never played a Fallout game.

...umm... same? :oops: lol

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

DakeyrasUK

Postby DakeyrasUK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 am

darth moo wrote:
DakeyrasUK wrote:the 3d in cinemas works by the glasses having polarising lenses at right angles to each other. Special projectors project both images polarised in line with the lenses. Therefore each eye only sees the image that lense lets through, your brain does the rest.

cool thanks for explaining, i thought it was something like this cos the glasses reminded me of the polarising lenses (or whatever they're called) from physics lessons :lol:

DakeyrasUK wrote:Time for my confession... i have never played a Fallout game.

...umm... same? :oops: lol

lol! No probs!

CKY666

Postby CKY666 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

Ive got new vegas but that is only because a friend bought it for my birthday (because he is obsessed with it :roll: )
Ive played 3 at a mates house but never got into it, if you have it yourself you get into it alot more.

Monstar111

Postby Monstar111 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm

DakeyrasUK wrote:WHAT? :shock:

Half life 1 was awesome, never played no. 2.

Damn right! Half Life was awesome! and same same never played 2.. Maybe should check it out.. 8-)

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Half life series - amazing

Fallout 1 and 2 - Good,

Fallout 3 - dire in comparison
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:23 pm

GearsCT wrote:Half life series - amazing

Fallout 1 and 2 - Good,

did fallout one and two have the same aiming system, cos i really dont like that very much :/

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

TheGunman

Postby TheGunman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Fallout 1 and 2 - Good,

I'd pretty much agree with that, although I did still get some enjoyment from Fallout 3 even though it did get a bit boring at times. Fallout 2 is an amazing game!

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:39 pm

darth moo wrote:

Fallout 1 and 2 - Good,

did fallout one and two have the same aiming system, cos i really dont like that very much :/

Nope its more like a top down point and click game.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 pm

GearsCT wrote:
darth moo wrote:

Fallout 1 and 2 - Good,

Nope its more like a top down point and click game.

oh thats pretty different then :lol: i might have a look at it...

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

Monstar111

Postby Monstar111 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Was just wondering if the makers of Elders Scrolls ...bloody name escapes me... if they were going to announce anything to do with skyrim at E3 or any other game convention for matter? What you think, likely?

Return to “Gaming”