Re: Let Us Discuss What Ye Be Thinking Right Now

Postby houston404 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:21 am

Can't decide if a ladle is a very big spoon or a bowl with a handle
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:28 am

Easy one: big spoon. It only works if you're holding it. You can't put your soup in a ladle and set it on the table - it would fall over and your soup would go everywhere. Its use-case is the immediate transport of a substance from one venue to another, guided by a human hand, not the independent medium term storage a bowl offers.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 am

ThornDavis wrote:Easy one: big spoon. It only works if you're holding it. You can't put your soup in a ladle and set it on the table - it would fall over and your soup would go everywhere. Its use-case is the immediate transport of a substance from one venue to another, guided by a human hand, not the independent medium term storage a bowl offers.

Ah but if you hung it up from a wall it wouldn't spill, so it's a wall bowl with a handle....

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 pm

The wall bowl is a tragically underused piece of crockery. Perfect for when you want soup but have no table.

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Use soup ladles for perfectly sized pancakes every time!

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Was discussing Devildriver with my mates the other day and how Dez was going to fit Coal Chamber around it, see today Devildriver's gone on hiatus and the guitarist and drummer have left. Now to use these powers on Biffy Clyro :lol:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 pm

houston404 wrote:Was discussing Devildriver with my mates the other day and how Dez was going to fit Coal Chamber around it, see today Devildriver's gone on hiatus and the guitarist and drummer have left. Now to use these powers on Biffy Clyro :lol:

Yeah I thought that was odd .. I watched them on the Knotfest stream and they seemed pretty happy. Not like a band that was about to collapse.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 am

King_Walnut wrote:
houston404 wrote:Was discussing Devildriver with my mates the other day and how Dez was going to fit Coal Chamber around it, see today Devildriver's gone on hiatus and the guitarist and drummer have left. Now to use these powers on Biffy Clyro :lol:

Yeah I thought that was odd .. I watched them on the Knotfest stream and they seemed pretty happy. Not like a band that was about to collapse.

I think they didn't want to wait around for Dez and having to plan around him; granted, he pretty much epitomises Devildriver but I can understand it if that was their reason. I just think its baffling for Dez to jump from DD to Coal Chamber, the nostalgia appeal is going to wear fast and I don't see nu-metal making a resurgence anytime soon :lol: but I think DD needed to take break for awhile as they have been everywhere for the last 10 years.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 am

King_Walnut wrote:

I think they didn't want to wait around for Dez and having to plan around him; granted, he pretty much epitomises Devildriver but I can understand it if that was their reason. I just think its baffling for Dez to jump from DD to Coal Chamber, the nostalgia appeal is going to wear fast and I don't see nu-metal making a resurgence anytime soon :lol: but I think DD needed to take break for awhile as they have been everywhere for the last 10 years.

Xale

Postby Xale » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Knotfest sounds infectious.

I've never really listened to Devildriver but, in my mind, I always associate their fans with the stereotypical metalhead ever since someone told me they were definitely big enough to headline Download.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:23 am

Xale wrote:Knotfest sounds infectious.

I've never really listened to Devildriver but, in my mind, I always associate their fans with the stereotypical metalhead ever since someone told me they were definitely big enough to headline Download.

From the gigs of theirs I've been to yeah, I would say a fair amount of their crowd is on par with MH fans (not meant as an insult to either set of fans).

Headline DL? Never! Friday soni headliner? Maybe :P

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:35 am

I found Devildriver quite irritating when I saw them in Oxford a few years back. The music is solid, but Dez is a bell-end of the highest order, and by far the weakest musical link in the band. Every time they started a song, a respectable old-school moshpit would break out, and Dez would be like "No no! Circle pit circle pit!" and everyone had to skip round in a circle like a beaming little tulip. The best thing they did was play Clouds Over California as their second song, which meant that leaving early was an easy decision.

I can see why Dezwants to return to Coal Chamber. It will be nice for him to be in a band where he's not far and away the shittest one.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Also, I've just seen that Devin Townsend's album has been reviewed in The Guardian. What with him selling out the Royal Albert Hall and everything, I fear that he won't be 'ours' much longer. :(

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:50 am

ThornDavis wrote:Also, I've just seen that Devin Townsend's album has been reviewed in The Guardian. What with him selling out the Royal Albert Hall and everything, I fear that he won't be 'ours' much longer. :(

We wait for him to infiltrate the mainstream and for them to adopt him as one of their own, then we hire out the front page of a newspaper and put Strapping Young Lad stuff all over it. If they want him as one of their own then they have to take SYL with him :P

Heard Of Mice and Men described as nu metal, does this make the stuff that came old in the late 90's/early 00's classic nu metal or Of Mice and Men new nu metal?

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

The mainstream can have him :eusa-pray:
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

houston404

Postby houston404 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:22 am

Decided to buy Drowning Pool/Static X tickets and happened to check fb just before buying tickets and see the news.... shame, best static x were the best nu metal band

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 pm

it's november already. shite! how'd that happen!?
Image Image

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Tumbleweed.

zebby

Postby zebby » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:32 pm

You are thinking about tumbleweed right now?

Me, I am contemplating my ever expanding waist line after day 4 (5?) of the Christmas dinner marathon I seem to have found my self on.

Actually craving a curry right now, but that will have to wait until Tuesday.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm considering the ridiculous amount of spam currently plaguing the forum.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 pm

It's all in the Cyrillic alphabet too. Perhaps Vladimir Putin is striking back at the West through this forum.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:01 am

It's a cheap way to learn Russian to be fair, I can easily go to Moscow and hold a conversation about Penis enlargement and ways to make £1000 an hour from home.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 pm

:lol:
Well that's it over for another year. Still got far too much booze and food to get through this week mind before diet starts next Monday!
Image Image

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:55 am

houston404 wrote:It's a cheap way to learn Russian to be fair, I can easily go to Moscow and hold a conversation about Penis enlargement and ways to make £1000 an hour from home.

Moscow isn't an hour from home though, so you'd be wasting your time.

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 pm

OMG!! Someone please stop the spam threads!!!!
Image Image

Return to “Arcade”