Move/Delete certain parts?

What if I don't like this avatar on the right malarky... Or this background image filesize is too big... Discuss the details of forum layout here.
DR BEE

Move/Delete certain parts?

Postby DR BEE » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Hey, I'm fairly new here, but I lurked for a while before hand and the one thing I found I do not like about this forum is how it is set out at times...

I think the General Sonisphere discussion is fine how it is... atm... maybe put the comfirmed acts under Wishlists and rumours... maybe...

but for example, the information section, whilst it is easier for people to go to appropiate sections to find what they are looking for, those sections are almost dead...

Theres things dating back to 2009 on the front page for some sections... which I don't really think is useful now.

Would it be better to have all the sections of help/info under one section, rather than loads of different sub categorys? Whilst it is true it makes it easier to find and post in the right section, having it all under one would mean that it looks busier, more active, which in turn encourages people to ask questions and perhaps makes it more likely that they will become a regular.

It also may mean that questions get answered quicker, if it's under one section more people will glance in it and see if they can help, than trawling through each section to see if theres anything that needs answering.

The same could also be applied to the music forum, take out the gigs and single sections and make it look more active.

maybe not for chat and off topic though, those sections seem to be fine as they are...

but of course, this is only my opinion, I may just be a funny one and be the only one who would prefer these changes, so hopefully a few others can offer their opinions on the matter. :) :music-rockon:

King_Walnut

Re: Move/Delete certain parts?

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:33 pm

NO IT'S FINE LEAVE IT IT'S FINE I'M BALD AND I EAT CABBAGE

Seriously though, what you say makes sense. The hard part is convincing the moderators.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 pm

I've commented in blue, but I'll leave the other mods to put in their 10 cents as well

I think the General Sonisphere discussion is fine how it is... atm... maybe put the comfirmed acts under Wishlists and rumours... maybe...
Is that in terms of layout for the six sub-forums or are you talking about merging confirmed with W&R?

but for example, the information section, whilst it is easier for people to go to appropiate sections to find what they are looking for, those sections are almost dead...

Theres things dating back to 2009 on the front page for some sections... which I don't really think is useful now.
Will look into that

Would it be better to have all the sections of help/info under one section, rather than loads of different sub categorys? Whilst it is true it makes it easier to find and post in the right section, having it all under one would mean that it looks busier, more active, which in turn encourages people to ask questions and perhaps makes it more likely that they will become a regular.
Just my view, but I think having categories for help means less muddle and less chance for specific questions to be answered

It also may mean that questions get answered quicker, if it's under one section more people will glance in it and see if they can help, than trawling through each section to see if theres anything that needs answering.

The same could also be applied to the music forum, take out the gigs and single sections and make it look more active.
Again, I don't think the two should merge - they seem fine as they are

maybe not for chat and off topic though, those sections seem to be fine as they are...

I'd welcome any suggestions to make this place look a bit better and easier for users to navigate - I don't think there's much wrong with the existing model though we as a team might review them at some point
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I can see the appeal of having confirmed bands in wishlists but most going to wishlists should already know who is playing, and having a sub within a sub with sub section would just make it harder to find then we'd end up people making duplicate topics in general because they fail to see the confirmed section etc... It's fine as it is imo

I think the info section is fine. It's fairly dead because not many come here to ask questions, those that do tend to post in their though. Hopefully this is because the FAQs/web info generally answers most questions.

Everything else is fine, though I do agree some of the FAQ's and stickies may be a tad out of date and need updating/removed or whatever is most fitting.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:41 pm

King_Walnut wrote:NO IT'S FINE LEAVE IT IT'S FINE I'M BALD AND I EAT CABBAGE.
I WANT TO BE ON THE FCOUS GROUP

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

I'M BALD

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Are you? Seems an odd thing to put out there but thanks for sharing.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm

BANNED

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:40 pm

CAPITAL LETTERS AND REPLIES

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Great stuff.

brunners

Postby brunners » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 am

LOUD NOISES

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 am

SPAM!

*coughs*

I've taken one of them points from the original post - I have put Confirmed Acts and Wishlists and Rumours next to each other. Should look a bit better?
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

brunners

Postby brunners » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Totally confused me the first time I saw it.

Turns out I'd started clicking on sub forums entirely based on where they were in the list, rather than reading the subforum name, so I keep going into "Other Sonisphere Festivals" when I meant to go into "Wishlists and Rumours" because it's at the bottom xD

Return to “Forum Feedback”